Tiger woods in car accident due to argument with wife? *Update Post #52*

kristie

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3117195 said:
Vikings' Longwell caught up in Tiger Woods hysteria
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2009 3:04 PM ET

The ongoing saga surrounding Tiger Woods is affecting the life of an NFL player: Minnesota Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell.

When he's not in Minnesota, Longwell lives near Woods in Florida, and Longwell said the tabloid attention has made things tough on his family -- especially his wife, Sarah, who has been confused with Woods' wife.

"Sarah and the kids went down Monday after the game," Longwell said. "They said there's paparazzi everywhere at the gates, and the helicopters are overhead all day. My wife is a blonde that wears sunglasses in Florida, so every time she comes out of the gates, they're snapping pictures."

Longwell said he's eager for the story to get out of the headlines so his wife and kids can go back to normal.

"She's got to get the kids to school, so it's not like you can stay inside," Longwell said. "It's just one of those things that you just deal with it. Obviously, it will pass. But how quick it will pass, who knows?"

poor guy(longwell, that is). :(

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3116977 said:
Because she didn't just sit back and take it. I hope she takes him for all she can and leaves his *** too.

I applaud all celebrity wives who don't just allow their famous husbands to walk all over them.

I thought the Kobe situation was despicable and was made worse by the fat *** rock he gave his wife over the deal.

Adultery is something I think is about as low as it gets. Lower than a salamander's belly.
Ok... I see what you're saying. However... if the situation were reversed and a celebrity wife was beaten with a 3 iron by her non-celebrity husband over her adultery he would be vilified for it.

BUT, if a wife beats her cheating celebrity husband it is something to be admired????
The double standard disgusts me.

This is a guy doing what the vast majority of us would do when faced by an enraged wife or girlfriend: running for his damn life... Because if he lays so much as a finger on her in an attempt to restrain her he'd go to jail.

Temo;3117152 said:
I think both sides are being dumb.

People who want to defend Tiger need to realize that he needs no protecting, and people who want to throw a fit need to realize that in the end someone else's private life doesn't affect you in the least.

You're right... To me though, it sucks for the guy that he's having the private life he's struggled so hard to protect turned upside down like this for the world to see. Especially when it's none of our business.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Thatkidbob;3117752 said:
Ok... I see what you're saying. However... if the situation were reversed and a celebrity wife was beaten with a 3 iron by her non-celebrity husband over her adultery he would be vilified for it.

BUT, if a wife beats her cheating celebrity husband it is something to be admired????
The double standard disgusts me.

This is a guy doing what the vast majority of us would do when faced by an enraged wife or girlfriend: running for his life... Because if he lays so much as a finger on her in an attempt to restrain her he'd go to jail.

You're right... To me though, it sucks for the guy that he's having the private life he's struggled so hard to protect turned upside down like this for the world to see. Especially when it's none of our business.

So far all I can see about Tiger Woods is that he is a good golfer, arguably the best ever.

But he is a terrible father, a terrible husband, a disappointing son, and a poor example to young men everywhere.

He also needs to expand his vocabulary so he won't ignorantly take the Lord's name in vain, .. as do you.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Michael Phelps lost contract endorsements etc.. for a backstabbing so called friend that sent a pic. of him hitting a bong.

This seems somewhat minor compared to Tiger. The double standard of the corp. sponsors is obvious. Phelps lost his and Tigger should lose his.

Being a mega celebrity ,one would have to know they would get caught (or didn't care) . The spotlight media that makes news and virtually what makes the celebrity rich is in essence what is owed to the public that made them what he is today-an arrogant,self absorbed degenerate. If anyone is surprised by this story its alarming.

There are plenty of gold diggers and groupies. Why get married?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
People are still talking about this? People really care?? Why???

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;3117866 said:
Michael Phelps lost contract endorsements etc.. for a backstabbing so called friend that sent a pic. of him hitting a bong.

This seems somewhat minor compared to Tiger. The double standard of the corp. sponsors is obvious. Phelps lost his and Tigger should lose his.

What Michael Phelps did is currently against the law.

What Tiger did was break his marital vows. While this is pathetic and shameful, it's not illegal.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Yes in most states surprisingly enough adultery is illegal unless they have changed the laws. What Phelps did is legal in alot of states and is comparable to having a beer. Beer is legal does that make it ok to drink a 12 pak and mow people down after all its legal//

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3117812 said:
So far all I can see about Tiger Woods is that he is a good golfer, arguably the best ever.

But he is a terrible father, a terrible husband, a disappointing son, and a poor example to young men everywhere.

He also needs to expand his vocabulary so he won't ignorantly take the Lord's name in vain, .. as do you.

:rolleyes:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3117988 said:

I don't know why you're rolling your eyes at that.

That is an extremely offensive thing to say and somehow it's still still in the thread.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chief;3117992 said:

That is an extremely offensive thing to say and somehow it's still still in the thread.

Agreed.

Mods might be busy. Im sure if Hos was around it wouldn't still be in the thread.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Chief;3117992 said:

Rolling my eyes at someone trying to tell a grown man what language to use. Don't like the language, fine don't use it. It's no one's position to tell anyone else that they should or should not use certain language. Do what you do and be happy you do it.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3118003 said:
Rolling my eyes at someone trying to tell a grown man what language to use. Don't like the language, fine don't use it. It's no one's position to tell anyone else that they should or should not use certain language. Do what you do and be happy you do it.

He is saying it's offensive. It is and that's his right to point that out as is mine. If you don't like it then shut up about it and move on also. It works both ways...your argument there however weak it is.

Grown man. :laugh1:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
kristie;3117705 said:
poor guy(longwell, that is). :(

Yeah, poor guy, his wife looks like Elin Nordegren and he lives in a multi-million dollar gated home in Florida... he must have it real rough. :D

Big Dakota

Reaction score
There are thousands of posts here on the Zone. The mods can't catch everything. It's part of are duty as members to help them out. If you see something and feel it should not be there PM someone.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dallas;3118007 said:
He is saying it's offensive. It is and that's his right to point that out as is mine. If you don't like it then shut up about it and move on also. It works both ways...your argument there however weak it is.

Grown man. :laugh1:

He's not just saying its offensive. He's telling Tiger what he "needs" to do and what the other poster "needs" to do.

And if were talking about arguments going both ways, do I not have a right to point out that I think its complete BS to try and tell someone to mind their tongue? Someone you have never met and will never meet.

In reality, the argument that I made does not go both ways. I never tried to tell someone what or what not to say. Me saying its ridiculous that someone try to moderate someone else's language does not preclude me from having or stating my opinion.

And last I checked, Tiger was grown man. Spineless as he may be, he's still grown.

As far as being offense, I'm not even going to argue what is or isn't offensive because something is ALWAYS offensive to somebody.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3118023 said:
He's not just saying its offensive. He's telling Tiger what he "needs" to do and what the other poster "needs" to do.

And if were talking about arguments going both ways, do I not have a right to point out that I think its complete BS to try and tell someone to mind their tongue? Someone you have never met and will never meet.

In reality, the argument that I made does not go both ways. I never tried to tell someone what or what not to say. Me saying its ridiculous that someone try to moderate someone else's language does not preclude me from having or stating my opinion.

And last I checked, Tiger was grown man. Spineless as he may be, he's still grown.

As far as being offense, I'm not even going to argue what is or isn't offensive because something is ALWAYS offensive to somebody.

I agree something is always offensive but we use a filter on this site for a reason and I think this right here is a good reason as to why. The bottom line is it's offensive to some and we are here at CBZ and not at a bar or at a football game. The rules are clear and should be followed. Posters probably should PM a mod w/ the complaint, I agree.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Remember this when the impulse to complain about 'PC' comments comes up.

As for Tiger, this role model thing gets carried way too far. People really don't have a stake in his behavior. This should really be a thing best kept between him and his family. But that's not the case, so some things get carried to convuluted lengths.

Rogah

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3117872 said:
People are still talking about this? People really care?? Why???
Um, because he's arguably the most famous athlete on the planet?

Rogah

Reaction score
Faerluna;3117887 said:
What Michael Phelps did is currently against the law.

What Tiger did was break his marital vows. While this is pathetic and shameful, it's not illegal.
Actually, I think in the state of Florida it is.