Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Very original, you're doing terrific.

"I know you are, but what am I?" in 3...2...1...
So, tell me why Dak should get $40 mil per year. Why should he be the highest paid QB in the league. I’m all for giving him a fair contract of $30+ per year, but getting up around $40 is ridiculous. Tell me why. Enthrall me with your brilliance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, Wentz took his team into the playoffs and to a Super Bowl. Yes, I’m aware he was injured near the end of the season and didn’t play in the playoffs, but he had the season that got them there. Goff took his team to a Super Bowl as well. I’m not bashing Dak at all. As I said, I want him signed, but not for $40 mil per season. Hell no! I don’t mind him getting a bit more than the other two QBs, but no where near that much more. Stats don’t win games. The one knock I have against Dak is he has completely disappeared at times. See our last game of last season. But, I still want to sign him on a “fair” and non-crippling contract. We should’ve used the nonexclusive franchise tag on him so he could’ve seen his market value.
Wentz didn't lead anything. His TEAM won a Super Bowl. Sure he was part of that journey in the regular season. But i'm not giving him sole credit or sole responsibility for whether or not his team has success.

I am a Dak fan. Won't hide that. If it was my team.....i'd stick with the 35 million per season. But on the outside looking in........why ask for 35 when you can get 40? If they say no....then take less. Fans are frustrated because its playing out in public but I for one have no problem with what is going on.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So, tell me why Dak should get $40 mil per year. Why should he be the highest paid QB in the league. I’m all for giving him a fair contract of $30+ per year, but getting up around $40 is ridiculous. Tell me why. Enthrall me with your brilliance.
I find it funny that some fans think they're the authority of another person's salary. If you didn't instantly transform into a tool the minute someone disagrees with you and you actually valued other's opinion I might explain my take to you. But I'm bored now. Good talk!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did Ryan Tanneyhill reset the market in the last week? No. He was next, but he didn’t get paid the most. I’m not saying he’s better than Dak, but if as you say, “that’s how the market works” I guess he should’ve gotten over $35 mil per year. He didn’t get close. Just being next doesn’t mean you should be paid the most. Hell, Brees just signed for $25 mil per year.
Tannenhill isn't "next". He was a bum who had one good year and he's in his 30's. Goff, Wentz and Dak were the ones who were next. Now Mahomes and Deshaun are next. Tannenhill was next probably like 6 years ago when he got that 100 million dollar deal.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Wentz didn't lead anything. His TEAM won a Super Bowl. Sure he was part of that journey in the regular season. But i'm not giving him sole credit or sole responsibility for whether or not his team has success.

I am a Dak fan. Won't hide that. If it was my team.....i'd stick with the 35 million per season. But on the outside looking in........why ask for 35 when you can get 40? If they say no....then take less. Fans are frustrated because its playing out in public but I for one have no problem with what is going on.
As long as it ends up that way, I’m fine with it. If he sticks to $40 or so, trade him or make him play in the tag.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who the hell are you to tell someone what you'll give them lol? Who are you tell Dak what's fair?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I find it funny that some fans think they're the authority of another person's salary. If you didn't instantly transform into a tool the minute someone disagrees with you and you actually valued other's opinion I might explain my take to you. But I'm bored now. Good talk!
LOL. Just what I thought. Go ahead and take you ball and go home. Challenge NOT accepted.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
if stats mattered we would have been in the Super Bowl last year with our QB and offensive stats....oh, wait....
Well be that as it may......."stats matter" when its time for someone to get paid. All that stuff y'all talk about that doesn't matter? Pro Bowls? Stats? It all comes up in negotiations.