Time to go QB shopping

75boyz

Reaction score
There is no viable solution except to draft another QB this coming draft and hope you hit. I would also not have any issue keeping Dak for one more season next year and franchising for one year him while drafting that QB. If Dak was good enough to take over from Romo as a Rookie then why can't another rookie QB take over from Dak?

I fully support your opinion and your last sentence is quite accurate.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good thing about sports team forums is that it allow participants to voice their thoughts and opinions. Sometimes thoughts are shared by those with the power to make changes with their favorite team. Sometimes thoughts are not shared by the decision makers. Take Jerry Jones for instance.

In 2016, Jerry Jones dumped Tony Romo and placed 100% support behind Dak Prescott. In effect, dumping a franchise quarterback in favor of a rookie quarterback he seemingly knew was a franchise quarterback after two months (arguably less than that).

This year, Jerry Jones reportedly made a contract offer averaging at least $30 million a season, far more than some projected or thought worthy.

Very recently, Jerry Jones stated Prescott reminded him of Tom Brady, a quarterback who has led New England to multiple Super Bowl appearances and victories.

So.

An individual with zero say in Cowboys football operations basically states Dallas will go quarterback shopping.

On the other hand, Jerry Jones appears to think the exact opposite.

Let's review...

An individual with zero say in Cowboys football operations basically states Dallas will go quarterback shopping.

Maybe I am not seeing something. Once more...

Okay. I got nuthin'.

Reactions: CWR

uvaballa

Reaction score
Dak played like crap most of the game but they aren't moving on from him. Why are you making silly threads like these?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Yeah, that not happening. Go crawl into your safe space if your getting triggered. Take the heat or get the hell out da kitchen

I aint talkin to yo lame clown face ah lookin boy

zeke21

Reaction score
In 2016, Jerry Jones dumped Tony Romo and placed 100% support behind Dak Prescott. In effect, dumping a franchise quarterback in favor of a rookie quarterback he seemingly knew was a franchise quarterback after two months (arguably less than that).

Okay. I got nuthin'.

This is the biggest and only point. 8 games and the old man got stars in his eyes and **** the bed. Made the worst call and cost us, the fans, a chance at seeing glory in our life time.

If only.. if only.

shabazz

Reaction score
Each week bringing more embarrassment for the Dakboys. 3 weeks of fantasyland stats beating weak teams but now it’s all blowing up.

75boyz

Reaction score
Trade people, fire coaches, whatever it takes, and draft Tua Tagovailoa.
But nope, Cowboys won't change squat, and guess what, the results won't change either.

Dude will be R. Wilson 2.0 but better.
Our luck he'll end up in Washington kicking our butts for 10 years.

As my past posts will show on the Draft Zone. I'm totally down with a Tank for Tua and package draft picks for him.

As another posted...If Dak can take over and start for Romo why couldn't Tua take over for Dak...

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Name calling? So so much frustration from Dakota apologists. Your tears of pain are delicious!

more like your tears bc your going to be seeing this the next 10-15 years... you forgot about that part... and if you mad bc Im trying to keep everyone up beat and positive then you can kick rocks... clown

Bigdog

Reaction score
Dak didn’t have a good game. It happens but I do agree with DakPresgoat that there are not many qbs out who are as good as Dak in the pros or college. Trevor Lawrence could be good but he is not eligible until 2021 and that if he comes out early. Also he didn’t look good against NC the last time I saw him play a few weeks ago. Now I know some will say that is one game but the same can be said about Dak today. If he continues to stink it up than maybe we can talk.

shabazz

Reaction score
more like your tears bc your going to be seeing this the next 10-15 years... you forgot about that part... and if you mad bc Im trying to keep everyone up beat and positive then you can kick rocks... clown

Is this your weak version of, “ I know you are but what ami I”? Poor soul. So much invested in Dakota but so little in return

CWR

Reaction score
Name calling? So so much frustration from Dakota apologists. Your tears of pain are delicious!

Is it really delicious when your favorite team loses? Hmm interesting. I guess your in the group that would prefer to lose and be right than win and soil your fan forum reputation.

exciter

Reaction score
Dak is a Bust!
Hate it love it he simply is not a franchise-caliber QB.No reason to waste another season waiting for this young man to develop he simply does not have the God-given talent and NEVER will.

Mark my words by seasons end Dak will be run out of dodge along with Jason and no new head coach will want Dak as his doom is guaranteed having inept Dak running his offense.

All our issues start and end with our lack of scoring and being lopsided on offense.

Haven't you wondered why Jerry hasn't caved in and given him a new contract?
Not even Jerry is that bad of a GM and man he's pretty much the worse GM in the NFL.
Lol! Wow! They're desperately trying to get him to sign a contract that averages under 35 million a year and you're here babbling about qb shopping!

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Is this your weak version of, “ I know you are but what ami I”? Poor soul. So much invested in Dakota but so little in return

Enjoy the next 10-15 years of Dak... How bout dat mane