CFZ Time to pass the ball

starfan1

Reaction score
I honestly don’t care if we see the Dak extension or not but it’s gonna be pure gold when Jerry does it and all the haters that said they were leaving all renege because that’s their schtick!

If you don’t have Dak hating what else you got lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the Cowboys season doesn’t go well at least watching Dak fans melt down when Dak fails will provide more than enough entertainment to make up for the failure he brings.
Don’t you ever get tired of doing nothing here but hate on Dak? Look up the definition of insanity. You’ll see your picture.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys season doesn’t go well at least watching Dak fans melt down when Dak fails will provide more than enough entertainment to make up for the failure he brings.
So, you are going to derive your pleasure in a bad season with the misery of fans of the QB? That is, supposedly, your team as well as theirs and I don't get the pleasure out of other fans' pain.

Have those on both sides of the Dak line forgotten there is a team that we are all fans of and we want that to do well first?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So, you are going to derive your pleasure in a bad season with the misery of fans of the QB? That is, supposedly, your team as well as theirs and I don't get the pleasure out of other fans' pain.

Have those on both sides of the Dak line forgotten there is a team that we are all fans of and we want that to do well first?
Dak over Dallas fans were never Cowboys fans. So they had nothing to forget.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak over Dallas fans were never Cowboys fans. So they had nothing to forget.
Do you really think there are a lot of fans more for Dak than the Cowboys here?

Or is this a hangover from the Romo era because it was the very same arguments.

There are Prescott defenders here for sure but that doesn't mean they're not Cowboys fans first.

Nothing constructive happens when fans start deciding what kinds of fans others are.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do you really think there are a lot of fans more for Dak than the Cowboys here?

Or is this a hangover from the Romo era because it was the very same arguments.

There are Prescott defenders here for sure but that doesn't mean they're not Cowboys fans first.

Nothing constructive happens when fans start deciding what kinds of fans others are.
You cannot be both a Dak fan and Cowboys fan at this point.

You’re one or the other.

Because Dak is a weak link holding the Cowboys back. I’m not a fan of any player holding the Cowboys back because I’m a fan of what’s on front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

You can pretend you didn’t see “fans” loath us winning games with Cooper Rush last year, but I won’t.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You cannot be both a Dak fan and Cowboys fan at this point.

You’re one or the other.

Because Dak is a weak link holding the Cowboys back. I’m not a fan of any player holding the Cowboys back because I’m a fan of what’s on front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

You can pretend you didn’t see “fans” loath us winning games with Cooper Rush last year, but I won’t.
What I saw were the anti Prescott fans talking about Rush replacing Prescott and the Prescott people responding.

I could not disagree with your first sentence any stronger. I think the vast majority of Cowboys fans here are not anti Prescott fans.

By that reasoning, any fan that happens to like Prescott isn't a Cowboys fan. That just makes no sense to me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
correlation, causation

When your reads are covered, you have to hold the ball longer and are less likely to have completions.
When your reads are open, you get rid of the ball faster and are more likely to have completions.
Exactamundo mon ami. Longer routes takes more time to develop. Less talented receivers take more time to get open, if they ever do. Merely focusing on the time to release the ball is simply not going to come close to telling the whole story.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What I saw were the anti Prescott fans talking about Rush replacing Prescott and the Prescott people responding.

I could not disagree with your first sentence any stronger. I think the vast majority of Cowboys fans here are not anti Prescott fans.

By that reasoning, any fan that happens to like Prescott isn't a Cowboys fan. That just makes no sense to me.
If if doesn’t make sense to you then you’re on the wrong team, bro.

How can you be a fan of any player that holds your team back from success? Because he’s supposed nice fella? That’s what makes no sense to me.

I was a big Zeke guy at one time, but once it became clear he hurt the offense more than help I was ready for him to be gone.

I don’t get attached.

75boyz

Reaction score
This post is in contrast to a recent one here that showed the extremely high winning percentage with Dak when the ground game was over a hundred yards or something like that right?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/passing_advanced.htm

Dak had:
- The 11th most pocket time at 2.5 seconds
- The 16th lowest pressure%
Dak's blocking wasn't the best in the league . . . but
- The highest INT% in the NFL, by a fair margin

Basically, the issues with blocking do not justify Dak's interceptions. Personally, I blame Kellen Moore for a lot of that but not acknowledging just how bad Dak was for throwing the ball away last year just engenders more hatred for Dak. Hopefully this year this gets corrected.

I suspect that if this same data was run for Dak's rookie year, we would see that he got the ball out much earlier. One of Moore's primary issue was that there was no Beasley underneath outlet route being run when the deeper stuff wasn't there. Running 4 button hooks is so asinine its difficult to believe.
I don't know if you read the numbers wrong or are being intellectually dishonest.. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former. Dak's 2.5 second pocket time tied for 17th not 11th. His INT percentage was 3.8 to 3.5 for Fields. How is this "by a fair margin?" Likewise how different would it look if the 5 or 6 volleyballed INTs simply became incomplete passes. His INT percentage would drop from 3.8 to 2.5 if it was just 10 INTs not 15. Hell if you only cut those in half and brought his total down to 12 INTs on the season he would drop down to 3.0% .. And again.. this would have been without Dak doing a single thing different. Just having receivers bat the ball down instead of up.

Still I agree that Dak went overboard trying to force balls at times when he would have thrown it away or checked it down in years past. As I've stated many times.. He has to swing that pendulum back to being more cautious.. but not all the way back to be Kirk Cousins.

75boyz

Reaction score
If if doesn’t make sense to you then you’re on the wrong team, bro.

How can you be a fan of any player that holds your team back from success? Because he’s supposed nice fella? That’s what makes no sense to me.

I was a big Zeke guy at one time, but once it became clear he hurt the offense more than help I was ready for him to be gone.

I don’t get attached.
Me either.
Time after time, coach after coach.
And then the season ends the SAME way AGAIN and we'll most likely have another coach again next year.

And talk of another QB contract extension.
The insanity is real, lol.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think the biggest scheme changes we're going to see is throwing less on first down. Look at the company they kept last year, vs the premier teams in the league. Good offenses throw the ball on early downs, bad offenses try to run it.

It is a miracle, and a testament to Dak (and to some extent Kellen) that this offense was so productive when it was so abysmal on first down.

So if I understand this correctly.. The offense that was the highest scoring and most productive in the league with Dak under center was "bad?" What does that make the rest of the offenses then?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly.. The offense that was the highest scoring and most productive in the league with Dak under center was "bad?" What does that make the rest of the offenses then?
The offense was good despite of the horrible approach. It's reflective of just how good Dak was last year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Me either.
Time after time, coach after coach.
And then the season ends the SAME way AGAIN and we'll most likely have another coach again next year.

And talk of another QB contract extension.
The insanity is real, lol.
They think they’re not a real Cowboys fan unless they blindly support every player with a star on their helmet regardless if that player hurts the team or not.

It’s all about trying to keep up appearances for some.

They’ll be the first to dog em once they’re gone though, that’s for sure.

75boyz

Reaction score
They think they’re not a real Cowboys fan unless they blindly support every player with a star on their helmet regardless if that player hurts the team or not.

It’s all about trying to keep up appearances for some.

They’ll be the first to dog em once they’re gone though, that’s for sure.
Yup,
I criticized the second contract of DeMarcus Lawrence for being a fully guaranteed 100 mil and his lack of sack numbers. I'm a guy who needs some actual sacks for that kinda money.
I was chastised for my lack of respect for such a run stopping pillar of humanity that is Tank Lawrence.

Everybody's got their own criteria in forming personal opinions.
To each his own.

And I'll criticize regardless and don't give a flying **** for those who "attempt" to regulate my opinion.
And yeah, you're right. Once they've left this team, those same fans are quick to rationalize how that player sucks now.
Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yes they can move on if they dont extend dak before the season starts.
I read here that jones boys are open to extending him right now or before season starts, so have to see if that happens or not.
And yes everyone is speculating, it is just funny how people speculate in a way so that what they want to happen happens. lol

I think this season is hard to speculate on, as much is changing, so we wont know till we see some games, and against good teams.
Right . We should wait and see. But Jumbos point remains valid . Dak is probably enough to build around .

Our other options aren’t much more enticing besides basically starting over hoping you hit on a top draft pick assuming we’d get one .

Most of the league except for a handful who have Elite QB’s are pretty much in the same situation. It is what it is.

And I wouldn’t be shocked if our dynamic duo father and son do extend him before the season. He helps keep their franchise relative and interesting .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I honestly don’t care if we see the Dak extension or not but it’s gonna be pure gold when Jerry does it and all the haters that said they were leaving all renege because that’s their schtick!

If you don’t have Dak hating what else you got lol.
The haters basically would hate on about 75-80% or more of the starting QB’s who never win a championship. It’s the same crap we heard with Romo. It’s easy to troll the boards with it. They’re right until they happen to win it which is in their odds .

It’s a lame angle and really serves no purpose but to antagonize other fans disrupting the board into these 20-30 page Dak threads regurgitating over and over again. It’s boring and really adds no dialogue to the discussion.

starfan1

Reaction score
The haters basically would hate on about 75-80% or more of the starting QB’s who never win a championship. It’s the same crap we heard with Romo. It’s easy to troll the boards with it. They’re right until they happen to win it which is in their odds .

It’s a lame angle and really serves no purpose but to antagonize other fans disrupting the board into these 20-30 page Dak threads regurgitating over and over again. It’s boring and really adds no dialogue to the discussion.
Mods have a tough job they have to be fair and that includes rationalizing hater bs

It’s just gone overboard recently