CFZ Time to pass the ball

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can agree with most of this but the problem is the use of the word “ troll” which is used to insult a fellow forum member whenever said member disagrees with them on almost any topic.

I respect members that don’t use insults or personal attacks to defend their positions and 90% of the people using these words are people defending Rayne Dakota Prescott. ……they are the only ones getting triggered And seem to take it personally.
I never call you a troll, bro, because you're not. The other ones definitely are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about Dallas won't win crap "CAUSE" Dak is the QB!
Dak has only been here 7 years. What about the 20 years before that. Why didn’t we win then?

There’s been one constant this era and unfortunately he’s going to be here a few more years . Most likely after Dak is gone too.

We didn’t get it done with Romo . Hopefully we can get closer with Dak. If not then who knows how long it will take these Bozos to have another QB drop in their lap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never call you a troll, bro, because you're not. The other ones definitely are.
They just started another troll like Dak thread . And there you are feeding them. If everyone would ignore they’d fall off the front page quickly. Why bother. It’s the same ole crap.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They just started another troll like Dak thread . And there you are feeding them. If everyone would ignore they’d fall off the front page quickly. Why bother. It’s the same ole crap.
I'm not going to ignore them. If anything, those trolls should be banned. It's crystal clear what their intentions are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not going to ignore them. If anything, those trolls should be banned. It's crystal clear what their intentions are.
They aren’t going to get banned. We all know what their intentions are. Why feed them?

You either become part of the solution or are part of the problem.

Please don’t add to their platform!!!

shabazz

Reaction score
Understood! And agree to a point. But if you come into every Dak thread and all you have to add is the same spill that he suks and will NEVER win then your not participating or engaging in a sound discussion offering a counter to the opinion or stats and facts presented on that particular subject matter. That’s just trolling the thread regardless if you’re a troll or not.
I understand that part as well however, 3 new Pro-Dak threads that are started each day are just regurgitating the same stats and videos that we’ve seen all year in an attempt to sway peoples minds

I could also make the argument that starting all these non substantive Dak threads are an attempt to invite divisiveness and can be construed as the very definition of ”trolling”…..they set the bait for people to comment on them and than label it as “ trolling”

personally, I don’t care how many threads are started and what there content is…..my issue is just fellow members being labeled disingenuously as “trolls, malcontents and other insulting terms”, when they are merely stating their opinions

the idea that their are a significant amount of people here that are secretly fans of other teams or just here to start trouble is a myth……there may be a few but it is a small minority

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand that part as well however, 3 new Pro-Dak threads that are started each day are just regurgitating the same stats and videos that we’ve seen all year in an attempt to sway peoples minds

I could also make the argument that starting all these non substantive Dak threads are an attempt to invite divisiveness and can be construed as the very definition of ”trolling”…..they set the bait for people to comment on them and than label it as “ trolling”

personally, I don’t care how many threads are started and what there content is…..my issue is just fellow members being labeled disingenuously as “trolls, malcontents and other insulting terms”, when they are merely stating their opinions

the idea that their are a significant amount of people here that are secretly fans of other teams or just here to start trouble is a myth……there may be a few but it is a small minority
Unfortunately a very vocal small minority can cause a bunch of disruption. And the Homers add to the problem by not ignoring.

And a troll and trolling are not necessarily one and the same . You don’t have to be a troll to be trolling a thread.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Honestly, this thread wasn’t started to “support” Dak. My philosophy is try to work with what you have. I thought the information about when Dak is good, and when he’s not was interesting, and hope that McCarthy is trying to make what he has better - which is only logical course of action for 2023. The stats both support and condemn Dak, depending on how you look at them. So I didn’t start the thread for any reason other than to say, based on the stats, here is a way to work with Dak that could make the team better.

Moore may be a genius, like Landry was. But Landry didn’t win as long as he tried to force his system onto players. He only won when he adjusted his system to players like Staubach and Dorsett.

I think Moore is in the early stages of his coaching career where he believes in his system so much, he doesn’t yet know how to make adjustments to accommodate player’s’ strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe McCarthy can adjust to Dak to make him better. Maybe he can’t. But the way to do it is to look at what Dak does well, and design you offense to do that more. It’s not about supporting or not supporting Dak. It’s about trying to make the team better…and that includes Dak.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Interesting statline.

In 2022: When Dak threw the ball in 2.5 seconds or less, he had a 77% completion rate, 8 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions with a 99.3 passer rating. When Dak held onto the ball longer than 2.5 seconds, he had a 57.8% completion rate, threw 20 touchdowns, but also 14 interceptions with a 87.5 passer rating. These numbers include the playoffs last year.

In 2022, Dak averaged 2.7 seconds holding the ball per pass attempt.

Some take-always: Kellen Moore’s system was modeled on the Air Coryell model. Coryell was all about being aggressive with long-developing plays thrown farther downfield. Moore’s system required Dak to hold onto the ball longer, which also meant that the defense was anticipating the throws more, which led to a big increase in interceptions.

Also, McCarthy’s historical strength as a play caller is his use of the play action pass with quick short throws that carve up the defense with routes under 15 yards.

If McCarthy can provide an adjusted scheme, which has Dak throwing more short, quick passes to receivers running in stride, then Dak can carve up defenses with a high completion percentage, and much lower turnover rate.

This plays to Dak’s strengths, and also leads to fewer sacks from an Oline group that is transitioning to new personnel (3 new starters in last 3 seasons, and maybe a 4th new starter this season.

The key seems to be the time it takes to get the ball out of Dak’s hands. Keep it under 2.5 seconds and he’s among the best in the league. Over that, Dak begins to force balls into defenses that are waiting for him.

So, I think McCarthy, who recently hired an analytics guru for his staff, is going to create a scheme more friendly to Dak, and get the ball out more quickly. All the talk about running it more may or may not happen. But McCarthy is setting up the league to EXPECT more running so the play action passing game he’s so good at calling will work.
I agree this could work with the right QB. I am not being disingenuous when I say this. Dak is not an accurate enough thrower of the ball to successfully run an offense that requires timely accurate passes. He also does not process quick enough to pick out the disguised coverages that teams would employ against an offense like this. His only chance is playing second fiddle to a dominant run game and held up by a dominant defense. A RPO based offense that is an easy read with a limited route tree with a boss like Zeke was perfect for him. He has become progressively slower and older so this is no longer a viable base system either. And there is no said boss in that backfield any longer to prop him up.

The only chance Dak has to be successful is somehow the running game is lightning, cooks has a rebirth, and Ferg or Schoon plays like Kelce. And most importantly the defense stays healthy, LSU boys at LB and Sam take leaps forward and gives up no more than 18 pts a game.

And this is why he was never worth 160 IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The best thing we can do to help the Mods is ignore the trolls. Their existence is fed by baiting passionate fans. And why sometimes the Homers can become as much of a problem as the Haters.
I have found the best way is to put the hopeless trolls on ignore. Those guys that come on here ONLY to cut up Dak in every thread. Once you put them on ignore they magically disappear.

There are plenty of other guys that dont like Dak, but can talk rationally about all other subject.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As long as the content is within the topic of the thread and no rules are being stretched, they can have at it.

However, from this mod's viewpoint, it is these threads that get the personal venom going too often.

I don't get this anymore than I did Romo. Did these guys steal their woman, key their ride or do they owe them money?
The perfect solution is to have a separate Dak board. However, its quite clear that the powers that be not only like the Dak hate and banter, they actually encourage it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree this could work with the right QB. I am not being disingenuous when I say this. Dak is not an accurate enough thrower of the ball to successfully run an offense that requires timely accurate passes. He also does not process quick enough to pick out the disguised coverages that teams would employ against an offense like this. His only chance is playing second fiddle to a dominant run game and held up by a dominant defense. A RPO based offense that is an easy read with a limited route tree with a boss like Zeke was perfect for him. He has become progressively slower and older so this is no longer a viable base system either. And there is no said boss in that backfield any longer to prop him up.

The only chance Dak has to be successful is somehow the running game is lightning, cooks has a rebirth, and Ferg or Schoon plays like Kelce. And most importantly the defense stays healthy, LSU boys at LB and Sam take leaps forward and gives up no more than 18 pts a game.

And this is why he was never worth 160 IMO.
And who is the right QB? Let me guess?.................DUH PATRICK MAHOMES!!

Thats about the extent of your football knowledge.

Dak is one of the more accurate QB's in the NFL. Consistently up there in tight window throws and deep ball accuracy. He is also one of the better QB's at processing the coverages. After the Bucs game, the pundits were saying that Dak was the best since Payton Manning at reading defenses.

Just the fact that you think Zeke was the perfect back for him showcases how you dont understand football. Besides your out of left field critiques of Dak.

Dak HAS been successful. More lies.

Everything you just said in your post is total BS.

You are the text book definition of a hopeless troll.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And who is the right QB? Let me guess?.................DUH PATRICK MAHOMES!!

Thats about the extent of your football knowledge.

Dak is one of the more accurate QB's in the NFL. Consistently up there in tight window throws and deep ball accuracy. He is also one of the better QB's at processing the coverages. After the Bucs game, the pundits were saying that Dak was the best since Payton Manning at reading defenses.

Just the fact that you think Zeke was the perfect back for him showcases how you dont understand football. Besides your out of left field critiques of Dak.

Dak HAS been successful. More lies.

Everything you just said in your post is total BS.

You are the text book definition of a hopeless troll.
:hammer: :clap::thumbup:

Too bad @CowboyRoy won't see this since he has me on ignore.

starfan1

Reaction score
So you wouldnt have an issue if they just let Dak walk?
I wouldn’t lose any sleep either way. I just hope the extend him specifically to tick off the haters

Beside I know they aren’t going to let him walk

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t lose any sleep either way. I just hope the extend him specifically to tick off the haters

Beside I know they aren’t going to let him walk
Sounds like an odd stance. If the Cowboys let Dak walk, got nothing, then they would basically be startingRush or a veteran journeyman available that offseason.

This would effectively end any contending window we currently have. It would guarantee mediocrity or worse with a full blown QB search under way.

Now if we decided to trade Dak for a boat load of picks, that would something enticing.

starfan1

Reaction score
Sounds like an odd stance. If the Cowboys let Dak walk, got nothing, then they would basically be startingRush or a veteran journeyman available that offseason.

This would effectively end any contending window we currently have. It would guarantee mediocrity or worse with a full blown QB search under way.

Now if we decided to trade Dak for a boat load of picks, that would something enticing.
I pretty much just enjoy the journey. I am not a sb or bust fan. I hope for that but if it don’t happen there are worse things in life

Jerry has disappointed long enough where I’m immune to it . That said I know Daks our best shot