Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’ll have a chance with my idea’s because they won’t be left without a viable QB. While you’re sitting home searching for a QB with your top 10 pick I’ll be in playoffs.
There you go so convinced again that moving on from Dak means a top 10 pick. It does. It never has and never will. There will be one available. There always is. Hell I'd rather have Wilson after Denver cuts him. He would cost millions and millions less also. You know, so you can sign some free agents and actually make this team better.

Oh, and while your in the playoffs. I'll be in here the entire following off season saying the Cowboys wasted yet another year of my life on Dak the playoff choker. All while he is enjoying being the highest paid player in the league. Good grief.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There you go so convinced again that moving on from Dak means a top 10 pick. It does. It never has and never will. There will be one available. There always is. Hell I'd rather have Wilson after Denver cuts him. He would cost millions and millions less also. You know, so you can sign some free agents and actually make this team better.

Oh, and while your in the playoffs. I'll be in here the entire following off season saying the Cowboys wasted yet another year of my life on Dak the playoff choker. All while he is enjoying being the highest paid player in the league. Good grief.
With your ideas I believe it would lead to a top 10 pick. Good luck finding a QB that can overcome the teams the Joneses keep putting together. Every QB we’ve had since Troy Aikman has been called a choker trying to overcome all the deficiencies and coaching the Cowboys have had. Jerry has wasted the careers of his last two QBs with choking defenses and head coaches the players don’t respect. If you can’t see that it’s a team problem you need to open your eyes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
We will find out in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it is an all in rebuild or an all in deep run in the playoffs.

All in build from the draft and resigning your own players is not going to get us passed to the SB.

conner01

Reaction score
you mean lucky and crazy like someone dumb enough to give all those pics for H.Walker or Ricky Williams or do something crazy like give you 3 first round picks for your current quarterback...hmm I wonder if Jerry would consider that if somebody did that this offseason maybe Prescott goes to a winner and waives his no trade clause other than that, Nope....

I agree with you rebuilding versus retooling very different thing Bing we just came off 36 wins the last three years three playoff appearances 2 division titles I think retooling might be the best way why this one year window is open for Mike McCarthy etc
I agree. I’d also look at every option in trades. Not only trading for guys but even trading guys. We only have a small handful of guys with any trade value but if there’s a guy I’m not gonna give a second contract to then I consider trading him while he has value. We must fill LB both in FA and the draft I think. I’d look at a RB in FA too. Their costs are very high these days. Our needs are high and it’s not possible to fill all in the draft. A lot is gonna depend on guys like Mazi, Overshown, some of the young oline guys stepping up and being impactful players. We need a lot of things to go right but it’s possible to retool if we make good decisions and have young players take the next step

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Rebuild after a 12-5 season and a division title? :rolleyes: Fans always want to blow the team after a playoff loss. The Cowboys wouldn’t get to the playoffs with the ideas some of you have.
Good point. We should continue on like we have so we can get into the playoffs and lose. Excellent idea. Let's keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
You don't have to give Jerry a single minute you could just go away now and you don't need to let us know how upset you are and by the way his eight years that's being nice it took the ownership of the Kansas City Chiefs you know the cream of the crop right now 51 years between their Super Bowls a team who's never won a Super Bowl who seemed to be a favorite the last five years before Joe burrow's injuries they were 31 years between losses and then you had the other team that our own fan base drooled over because in 2017 they won a Super Bowl it's their only Super Bowl in 60 years to somehow there are far more reasons to wait and hope the team can win with Prescott at the helm but Jerry has nothing to do with it Jerry's gonna be around probably another well probably until he dies and then his team of family the Jones family will probably own it for another 30 years so if that's what you're waiting on you should probably leave now...

But the stay on topic there are far longer droughts in the NFL some teams have never been to a Super Bowl and many have never won a Super Bowl but the droughts I mean getting your Super Bowl would be nice getting to an NFC championship game would be nice trust me I'm not happy about the drought but let's stop at the eight-year thing Peyton Manning had the same type of reputation early in his career he didn't win big until year nine(9) before that he was three and six to start his playoff career.... They never wanna say yeah but he was an MVP and up for an MVP you know like Lamar Jackson yeah but that's a regular season thing isn't it I thought we were talking about the postseason??? But PM won the Super bowl in year 9, that alone gives us some hope that the windows open slightly but if they would have given up on him early then what they wouldn't have a Super Bowl...​
I mean guys like Drew Brees and Brett farve 19 years they played in the league one Super Bowl how long has Aaron Rodgers played in the league and he only has one Super Bowl, they were given almost their entire careers with the one team to try to make it happen and they only happened once.. I mean I know John Elway has some early season career success been to a couple Super Bowls and lost but he didn't truly win until way late in his career matter of fact it might have been his last two years when they got a dynamic running back a Hall of Fame running back adding a run game to his talents and they won his last couple of years with his team they finally won a Super Bowl well two Super Bowls..​
So it's a team game and sometimes it takes a while to build that team just like Dirk Nowitzki and I know that's basketball but he played 21 years with The Mavericks and only has one ring and they had two absolutely great seasons where they had a chance to win out of all those seasons and they won one of them.... So it can happen later in their careers happen with Matthew stafford's another one he had to leave his team but that was like 13 years in the league.​
so, there's your answer maybe we should give him 19 years maybe Jerry and that can stay together 19 years and we'll get one Super Bowl it would be crazy because then you would have to put him in the same breath as those guys...LOL​
I really wish you would use punctuation. But anyhow, justifying what we are doing by how long other teams waited for a SB is not valid to me. Truthfully, I don't care about other teams lack of success.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I really wish you would use punctuation. But anyhow, justifying what we are doing by how long other teams waited for a SB is not valid to me. Truthfully, I don't care about other teams lack of success.
First of all there is some punctuation but I used talk to text and I ran along and don't have time to get back before they close the editing....................................................../////.....,,,,,,, there you happy lol

by the way the reason you should care is because that is the majority of normalcy in the NFL,​
when people are pointing it out it's because you're making some expectation put on the Cowboys that the other 31 teams don't have or live under the same rules BUTthe NFL works in a certain way things come in cycles , our turn will come back around..... that's why I pointed it out not to make your us feel better, but it is the truth.......................................​

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good point. We should continue on like we have so we can get into the playoffs and lose. Excellent idea. Let's keep doing the same thing and hope for different results.
There’s no guarantees of winning once you get to the playoffs. If you have a team good enough to win 12 games three straight years with two division titles, why blow it up? I would rather add a few more pieces that might get the team over the hump rather than tearing everything down and starting over. A couple of real solid players could make the difference. It’s almost like some of you could care less if the Cowboys miss the playoffs every year because you already have your minds made up they’re going to lose anyway. Great attitude! :rolleyes:

Brax

Reaction score
San Fran ran for 170 yards. Dallas 57. If you can’t stop the run and if you can’t run the ball, you’re going to lose against the better teams. You owe me a beer for the football lesson.
If your QB only plays the last 6 minutes of a game against the scrub team decently and was directly responsible for 14 points and the score is 48-16 and that’s what a 1 vote runner up does it’s time to dump him especially looking at past playoff meltdowns. There you got schooled again you owe me a case of beer

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If your QB only plays the last 6 minutes of a game against the scrub team decently and was directly responsible for 14 points and the score is 48-16 and that’s what a 1 vote runner up does it’s time to dump him especially looking at past playoff meltdowns. There you got schooled again you owe me a case of beer
You’re clueless.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade them and use your duckets to draft a blue chip QB 2025 starting from a higher draft position. Then continue to build lines

Finally get back on the championship train!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was a dumb thread to begin with. Bizarre because it ain’t happening which is obvious as your nose. And for good reason. But I loved how the thread turned out because it identifies those who have no clue.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
It was a dumb thread to begin with. Bizarre because it ain’t happening which is obvious as your nose. And for good reason. But I loved how the thread turned out because it identifies those who have no clue.
If you want to know what clueless looks like use this:

Ln-hand Mirror - Extra Large Black Handheld Mirror With Handle, 9 W X  12.4 L | Fruugo UK

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Rebuild not needed.
What we need is for Dak to **** or get off the pot.
If he can't produce when it's showtime, then we need to let someone else get a shot at the bowl.

giphy.gif

Is it safe to say his time is up?

kskboys

Reaction score
Rebuild after a 12-5 season and a division title? :rolleyes: Fans always want to blow the team after a playoff loss. The Cowboys wouldn’t get to the playoffs with the ideas some of you have.
Ummm.......I do not want to do that to the team.................

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t going to tear it down and start over at this point in his life. If he were 60, maybe. In his eyes, the franchise is close to a Super Bowl…,,

Status
Not open for further replies.