Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Trusting Dak is the same as not trusting your running game on short yardage.
The coach just has that philosophy (pass lots and sprinkle in a few runs). McCarthy used Aaron’s and Brett’s passing ability mostly in GB too-lots of short passes with run after the catch.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You would never be able to work in the industry, you heart is way to big my friend.
I'm good with that. I know many coaches that don't give a crap about their players and staff. Always pissed me off.

75boyz

Reaction score
Why rebuild? I want these Dak supporters and that idiot GM to get 4 more years of misery. Things are just starting to get real interesting because the fan base is turning against Dak. I'm really enjoying this.
They actually enjoy the Dak QB purgatory we are in in a reverse troll mindset of wanting to keep him and pay him while keeping the TEAM down by doing that.

Basically, theyre just Jerry's little minions carrying out his wishes by supporting a QB who will never lead the team past a WC win.

Truly a sad time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
12-5 sells out Jerry World.....and keeps the ratings up for TV. Jerry couldn't care less about the playoffs. As long as the money keeps pouring in.....he doesn't give a rats *** what people think....or he would have fired McCarthy 2 years ago.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why didn't we give Garrett a few more chances, he was this close.
200w.gif
we were average, I'd hate to go back to the Campo days. wipes tears from the face.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
I think we keep Lamb for one season. not extend Dak and just pay him a big bonus (his salary) and spread over three years, and we have parsons for one more year. if they can't get far in the playoffs next year, then blow it up and restart.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Best way to rebuild and take advantage of a rookie QB contract is to have the core built first then get the QB.

If you get the QB first and the team sucks, by the time you get the team you will be on the second contract of the QB.

That is why I have no idea why teams that are so bad draft a QB. If you have the number 1 pick, trade back and accumulate drift picks. Build your a OLine first.
That was the old plan, there is no blueprint, come on dude when was the last rookie quarterback or the rookie deal quarterback who won a Super Bowl? that would be mahomes, who is the last quarterback to win a Super Bowl that would be Mahomes before that was it Stafford and Brady these dudes were older veterans on big contracts... Their teams found a way around the salary cap, so, can ours.

That old narrative where it's best to win while you're quarterbacks on a rookie deal, well that's kind of been thrown out with the bathwater... I get that would be great if you can find a really good quarterback that's under a rookie deal and still who got beat in the Super bowl it would be Brock Purdy under his rookie deal by a veteran by one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. So are we saying that Brock Purdy should not be paid because if paying him will keep you from getting back to a Super Bowl they should just let him walk trade him why you can?? I mean anytime a good quarterback or even a great one comes up for a contract you're supposed to get rid of him if you haven't been to a Super Bowl??​

so, let's just rephrase take advantage of having one of the best quarterbacks in the league by building around him because other quarterbacks on the all-in process. I mean even the Eagles lost the Super bowl with jalen hurts under his rookie deal TO a highly paid Mahomes, then paid him anyway and then didn't get close to the Super bowl last year...But they are sticking with Hurts hes in what the 48mil range? Burrows, allen, and LJ all near or over 50? Murray near 50? why did he get paid hes done less than Dak for sure. Watson very highly paid and done nothing, Wilson hasnt been good for what 5 years they gave up how many draft picks and 250mil deal to him,... i mean why trade for rogers , Wilson, and Watson giving up high draft picks and huge market setting deals if your theory is real gms use rookie qb deals windows to win..well that doesn't work for majority of the league. and the majority seems to be paying their qbs market money..

to be clear, im not comfortable with Dak making 60mil but the alternative is spending how many years to find a qb on rookie deal good enough to get you farther than dak?? blowing it up is NOT a guarantee it could be far worse like giant step back.

So why are all these teams paying their quarterbacks look at the top 10 salaries at quarterback if this was the case if it was so easy to find a young quarterback on a rookie deal that's also very good like good enough to get you to a Super Bowl everyone would do it the problem is there's barely two good quarterbacks that come out in every draft and typically only one of them turn out to be great if that, I mean that's being very nice...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They actually enjoy the Dak QB purgatory we are in in a reverse troll mindset of wanting to keep him and pay him while keeping the TEAM down by doing that.

Basically, theyre just Jerry's little minions carrying out his wishes by supporting a QB who will never lead the team past a WC win.

Truly a sad time.
perfect post!! :hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think we're past eight years. How many more years do you want to give Jerry?
You don't have to give Jerry a single minute you could just go away now and you don't need to let us know how upset you are and by the way his eight years that's being nice it took the ownership of the Kansas City Chiefs you know the cream of the crop right now 51 years between their Super Bowls a team who's never won a Super Bowl who seemed to be a favorite the last five years before Joe burrow's injuries they were 31 years between losses and then you had the other team that our own fan base drooled over because in 2017 they won a Super Bowl it's their only Super Bowl in 60 years to somehow there are far more reasons to wait and hope the team can win with Prescott at the helm but Jerry has nothing to do with it Jerry's gonna be around probably another well probably until he dies and then his team of family the Jones family will probably own it for another 30 years so if that's what you're waiting on you should probably leave now...

But the stay on topic there are far longer droughts in the NFL some teams have never been to a Super Bowl and many have never won a Super Bowl but the droughts I mean getting your Super Bowl would be nice getting to an NFC championship game would be nice trust me I'm not happy about the drought but let's stop at the eight-year thing Peyton Manning had the same type of reputation early in his career he didn't win big until year nine(9) before that he was three and six to start his playoff career.... They never wanna say yeah but he was an MVP and up for an MVP you know like Lamar Jackson yeah but that's a regular season thing isn't it I thought we were talking about the postseason??? But PM won the Super bowl in year 9, that alone gives us some hope that the windows open slightly but if they would have given up on him early then what they wouldn't have a Super Bowl...​
I mean guys like Drew Brees and Brett farve 19 years they played in the league one Super Bowl how long has Aaron Rodgers played in the league and he only has one Super Bowl, they were given almost their entire careers with the one team to try to make it happen and they only happened once.. I mean I know John Elway has some early season career success been to a couple Super Bowls and lost but he didn't truly win until way late in his career matter of fact it might have been his last two years when they got a dynamic running back a Hall of Fame running back adding a run game to his talents and they won his last couple of years with his team they finally won a Super Bowl well two Super Bowls..​
So it's a team game and sometimes it takes a while to build that team just like Dirk Nowitzki and I know that's basketball but he played 21 years with The Mavericks and only has one ring and they had two absolutely great seasons where they had a chance to win out of all those seasons and they won one of them.... So it can happen later in their careers happen with Matthew stafford's another one he had to leave his team but that was like 13 years in the league.​
so, there's your answer maybe we should give him 19 years maybe Jerry and that can stay together 19 years and we'll get one Super Bowl it would be crazy because then you would have to put him in the same breath as those guys...LOL​

conner01

Reaction score
Rebuilding doesn't happen in a hurry. It takes time. Most are crying about winning 12 games a year, imagine winning 3 or 4.
It’s easier to rebuild winning 3 or 4 but rebuilding isn’t as easy as some think. It requires a lot of luck being in the right spot at the right time and making the right decision. It’s really hard

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Takes a while to build???? 8 years is a longggggggggg time, it's going to take Mazi smith 3 years to develop, in 3 years their have been Qb's that have had better success than DAK, we have to stop making excuses for him!!!! To your benefit, he was a 4th round qb, I think people forget that, but damn he's still had 8 years, it still seems like in ways he's a rookie or in his 2-3 season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry don't do rebuilds.
Jerry does status quo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rebuild after a 12-5 season and a division title? :rolleyes: Fans always want to blow the team after a playoff loss. The Cowboys wouldn’t get to the playoffs with the ideas some of you have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And they will never win another super bowl with some of yours.
They’ll have a chance with my idea’s because they won’t be left without a viable QB. While you’re sitting home searching for a QB with your top 10 pick I’ll be in playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s easier to rebuild winning 3 or 4 but rebuilding isn’t as easy as some think. It requires a lot of luck being in the right spot at the right time and making the right decision. It’s really hard
you mean lucky and crazy like someone dumb enough to give all those pics for H.Walker or Ricky Williams or do something crazy like give you 3 first round picks for your current quarterback...hmm I wonder if Jerry would consider that if somebody did that this offseason maybe Prescott goes to a winner and waives his no trade clause other than that, Nope....

I agree with you rebuilding versus retooling very different thing Bing we just came off 36 wins the last three years three playoff appearances 2 division titles I think retooling might be the best way why this one year window is open for Mike McCarthy etc

Last edited:

TheCritic

Reaction score
I don't hold it against anybody for supporting Dak, but I can never agree to paying him top 5 money. Not after the Packers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.