Tipping your waitress?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Is waitress tipping like Cow tipping? :laugh2: If so then I don't do that any more.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I tip minimum of 20% normally. Usually more like 30-40%, especially if I'm a regular at the establishment....then I have been known to leave 100% tips from time to time. (not often)

Question though on drinks: If just having drinks at a bar, say glasses of beer, do you leave a percentage tip still? Most people I see usually leave $1 per glass (the glass being $4-$6 per beer). If I have 3 $5 beers and get a tab of $15, I still normally leave $5 tip, 30%. Just wondering what folks think about drinks-only tips.

Oh. Sorry. Maybe I should have used the translator:

I tip minimum of 20% normally.!!1!11 Usually more like 30-40%, especially if I'm a regular at the establishment....then!!!!11111!1!1!1111!!1!!1! I have BEEN known *****TO**** leave 100% TIPS from TIME to time.!!1!!111 (not often)

Question though ON drinks: IF just having DRINKS at a BAR, SAY glasses of beer, do ********YOU***** leave a PERCENTAGE tip still??!??!! Most people I see USUALLY LEAVE $1 per glass (the GLASS being $4-$6 per beer).!1!1!!!! If I have 3 $5 BEERS and get a tab of $15, I STILL NORMALLY leave $5 TIP, 30%.!1!1!!11 Just WONDERING what ****FOLKS***** think about drinks-only *****TIPS.******!!1!!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4560464 said:
I summoned her. Pretty sure I deserve an award for this.:D

Very impressive. MY only super power is always picking out the slowest moving line at the supermarket.

rocboy22

Reaction score
Phoenix;4560704 said:
Very impressive. MY only super power is always picking out the slowest moving line at the supermarket.

this doesn't translate to picking the slowest moving lane on the x-way as well?

phillycard

Reaction score
Phoenix;4560680 said:
I tip minimum of 20% normally. Usually more like 30-40%, especially if I'm a regular at the establishment....then I have been known to leave 100% tips from time to time. (not often)

Question though on drinks: If just having drinks at a bar, say glasses of beer, do you leave a percentage tip still? Most people I see usually leave $1 per glass (the glass being $4-$6 per beer). If I have 3 $5 beers and get a tab of $15, I still normally leave $5 tip, 30%. Just wondering what folks think about drinks-only tips.

Oh. Sorry. Maybe I should have used the translator:

I tip minimum of 20% normally.!!1!11 Usually more like 30-40%, especially if I'm a regular at the establishment....then!!!!11111!1!1!1111!!1!!1! I have BEEN known *****TO**** leave 100% TIPS from TIME to time.!!1!!111 (not often)

Question though ON drinks: IF just having DRINKS at a BAR, SAY glasses of beer, do ********YOU***** leave a PERCENTAGE tip still??!??!! Most people I see USUALLY LEAVE $1 per glass (the GLASS being $4-$6 per beer).!1!1!!!! If I have 3 $5 BEERS and get a tab of $15, I STILL NORMALLY leave $5 TIP, 30%.!1!1!!11 Just WONDERING what ****FOLKS***** think about drinks-only *****TIPS.******!!1!!

LMAO!!!!!:lmao2:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, are you supposed to wait until the waitress is asleep before you tip her or do you have someone kneel down behind her and push her over him?

#reality

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
OK if I order my Bacon Crispy which you can plainly see from this picture...is how it is supposed to come to me...

bacon6_rect540.jpg

And it comes to me looking like this...which you can plainly see is not crispy...

Is-anything-better-than-bacon...no_.jpg

Am I just supposed to give that Witch from Hell Waitress one red cent?

I think not.

Case closed!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
How about tipping when you are just picking up a "to go" order? My wife always tells me I tip too much when I grab dinner to go from a restaurant.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Joe Rod;4560752 said:
How about tipping when you are just picking up a "to go" order? My wife always tells me I tip too much when I grab dinner to go from a restaurant.

You tip for take out? It is one thing if they are delivering to your house but if you are driving there and picking it up what are you tipping for?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4560767 said:
You tip for take out? It is one thing if they are delivering to your house but if you are driving there and picking it up what are you tipping for?

20% is my base tip. I can go up or down based on the service. Most of the time it's right at 20%.

For take-out, I usually tip $1-$3 depending on how big the order is. Generally just for preparation of it. I never tip standards rates for take-out though. You are definitely throwing money away if you do that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4560772 said:
20% is my base tip. I can go up or down based on the service. Most of the time it's right at 20%.

For take-out, I usually tip $1-$3 depending on how big the order is. Generally just for preparation of it. I never tip standards rates for take-out though. You are definitely throwing money away if you do that.

I don't tip for take out. As I said I can understand delievery but take out? Do you tip at fast food joints? How much at Burger King

Phoenix

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4560777 said:
I don't tip for take out. As I said I can understand delievery but take out? Do you tip at fast food joints? How much at Burger King

I can't help but tip a small amount for pickup/takeout. If the total is like $11, I'll leave a buck or two extra, normally. Some places, like Denny's though, I notice just charge my card without my having to sign it, so not even an opportunity for a tip unless cash.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Speaking of tips. We been to Jamaica several times. I remember one year, we were getting in a private car that we had hired to take us to our hotel. Next to us was a van loading people a bunch of random people to take them to their hotels. A lady that was out there managing the pickup told them, "It's customary to tip us."

:lmao2: If I were one of those people. I would have responded with; "Here is your tip, It's not customary to ask for a tip. Just earn it."

I can see how she could easily get stiff out of several tips. Some people are just cheap***es with little or no character. That still doesn't mean she has to be one too. You already get paid. A tip is just extra for your hard work, and she definitely wasn't working hard, but ***-****** she wanted her tip! :laugh2:

Phoenix

Reaction score
I will not tip at fast food places, at all. This includes places like Dunkin' Doughnuts & Subway where I often times see a glass by the register with "tips" on it.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4560777 said:

I do believe you should tip something. I used to tend bar many years ago and I know the position is normally paid well under minimum wage at restaurants with the expectations that tips would make up the majority of the pay. Since Burger King employees get paid at least minimum wage and it is part of their normal routine, I don't see where it is a good comparison.

Honestly, even when I did tend bar I couldn't figure out how much I should expect back from a customer, but taking the order, getting it ready when it came up and cashing out the customer did take time away from my attention to the sitting customers at the bar. Less attention can sometimes lead to less tips, especially if you are swamped by orders at the bar.

I usually bear that in mind when I go pick up an order today, but I still have no real feel for what I should give the bartender. I guess there is really no good answer.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4560745 said:
OK if I order my Bacon Crispy which you can plainly see from this picture...is how it is supposed to come to me...

And it comes to me looking like this...which you can plainly see is not crispy...

Am I just supposed to give that Witch from Hell Waitress one red cent?

I think not.

Case closed!

DUH!!!!!!!!