Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

btcutter

Reaction score
"As many are already saying, the Titans could do 15, 43, and 45 to Dallas to get back to 4 and keep next years extra #1. #Tunsil"
-Bob Sturm on twitter

That would be interesting

Very interesting indeed.

Anyone else feel like Titans got short changed on this deal? 15th to #1. Price was fairly cheap compared to past years. Thought they maybe able to get 2018 1st rounder from Rams as well.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Mark Dominick on espn radio said it's very unlikely the Titans keep all 3 2nd round picks.

Best thing for Dallas is for Tunsil to drop to them then they could trade back to the Titans picking up a 2nd round pick and either take Lynch there or see if someone like Bosa or Jack falls. If so then you could even go as far as then having dallas package it's 2 2nd round picks (NYJ @ 20) to move back into the 1st round and get Lynch then

This is exciting....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Foles is not a heck of a backup. He stinks. People put way too much emphasis on that one season where he looked god like in Chip Kelly's system. He then plummeted back to earth once defenses started to figure out Kelly's offense.

He also would be a backup carrying a $13MM cap hit next year given his current contract. He's under no obligation to redo his deal.

So essentially there isn't one shred of logical thinking that would suggest Foles would be a great backup for us. He's a crappy QB who also has the great distinction of being severely overpaid.

You have way to high of a standard for a backup.

He's miles better than what we trotted out last season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mark Dominick on espn radio said it's very unlikely the Titans keep all 3 2nd round picks.

Best thing for Dallas is for Tunsil to drop to them then they could trade back to the Titans picking up a 2nd round pick and either take Lynch there or see if someone like Bosa or Jack falls. If so then you could even go as far as then having dallas package it's 2 2nd round picks (NYJ @ 20) to move back into the 1st round and get Lynch then

This is exciting....

That is NFL rape..

We aren't moving back from 4 to 14 for a 2nd.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have way to high of a standard for a backup.

He's miles better than what we trotted out last season.

Too high a standard? So it's too high a standard to suggest that we should acquire a pretty mediocre QB who will be making $9 MILLION this year and $13 MILLION next year might be a tad illogical?

He's not miles better than most backups. Have you watched him play in 2014 and 2015? He's awful. I saw most of his games in Philly in 2014 and he was dreadful. And he got benched last year in St. Louis.

He's crap. Expensive crap.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Murray was a 3rd round pick, don't forget. You can create the 2014 rushing attack without having to use the 4th pick on Elliott.

Call Tennessee and see how badly they want Tunsil if he falls to four. Then trade back with them.

Why wouldn't the Cowboys re-establish a rushing attack so strong, that it keeps the defense well-rested throughout the game? Because of the mismatch of a running back in the top 10? I don't think that's a good reason.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Foles is not a heck of a backup. He stinks. People put way too much emphasis on that one season where he looked god like in Chip Kelly's system. He then plummeted back to earth once defenses started to figure out Kelly's offense.

He also would be a backup carrying a $13MM cap hit next year given his current contract. He's under no obligation to redo his deal.

So essentially there isn't one shred of logical thinking that would suggest Foles would be a great backup for us. He's a crappy QB who also has the great distinction of being severely overpaid.

I'm thinking the Browns have decided they need to upgrade the offensive line before they grab a QB. So they grab Tunsil or trade back. If Goff is there at 4 we still have a shot to trade back.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
That is NFL rape..

We aren't moving back from 4 to 14 for a 2nd.

My point wasn't that Dallas would trade to 14 for only a 2nd. I'm just talking about a possibility of adding picks with a trade down then packaging those picks to move back up. The exact values I don't know but it's a real possibility we could get our QB of the future and a additional impact player in round 1...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think someone will want Tunsil if he's not off the board when we pick. Tunsil is now the swing player.

San Diego would be crazy to pass on Tunsil, their offensive line has been awful the last few years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Too high a standard? So it's too high a standard to suggest that we should acquire a pretty mediocre QB who will be making $9 MILLION this year and $13 MILLION next year might be a tad illogical?

He's not miles better than most backups. Have you watched him play in 2014 and 2015? He's awful. I saw most of his games in Philly in 2014 and he was dreadful. And he got benched last year in St. Louis.

He's crap. Expensive crap.

You're right.. We won't trade for that contract.

Plankton

Reaction score
Dak Prescott, come on down!

giphy.gif

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People predicting the Rams to suddenly be elite are going overboard. Even with Goff or Wentz they have a ton of holes and no premium picks to fill them. The right side of the their offensive line is trash and they don't have anyone for the QB to throw the ball to. Nothing resembling a #1 wide out at least. Furthermore, next year their defense is going to get gutted, with two of their best DL being free agents and Aaron Donals being one the year after that. Their safety position is worse than ours and they just lost their second best corner.

This move wreaks of desperation for a team that doesn't know it's own identity. They're certainly not one player away and now they've committed themselves to only being able to improve through over spending in FA next year too.

I think it's an absolute lock they are taking Goff. This is all about selling out a stadium in LA as quickly as possible. The local kid makes that more likely.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They got big money tied in both tackles, I think they pick Ramsey.

I think so too. I think Dallas is going to be deciding between Buckner and Bosa, unless they get a good trade back deal. What scares me the most now is that they will get raped on a trade back and not get anything resembling value.

dfense

Reaction score
As they should.. A elite Corner prospect for 4 million dollars a year. That's crazy.

It's just not as impactful as getting a Carson Wentz would've been.

Maybe this gets us Nick Foles in a trade.

I can see that. Rams need to recoupe picks. Give up Foles for one of the Cowboys 4th round picks.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
The only two QBs to win rings for he team that drafted them top 5 since John Elway are the Mannings. Two. Since John Elway.

Calm down, folks. It's not "spend a top 5 pick on a QB this year" or bust.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think so too. I think Dallas is going to be deciding between Buckner and Bosa, unless they get a good trade back deal. What scares me the most now is that they will get raped on a trade back and not get anything resembling value.

If Tunsil is there. there, there's trade back value if we want it. And there's nothing wrong with Bosa as a consolation prize in a pinch. And maybe this is an object lesson in why hoping to lose games for a higher draft pick is silly. Good teams are built with picks from all over the draft order.

The Rams got fleeced here and are taking a huge risk on a player with a lot of important unanswered questions. If it pays off, they jumpstarted the franchise, assuming they can put players around him. If it's a whiff, they set the team back 5 years on their way into a new market. Either way, it's insane to think it would have been a good idea for Dallas to try to compete with that offer. That would have been disastrous.