To all those disappointed with LVE

Reaction score
Does that Boise St field ever bother you? I always wanted to ask that. I think it is pretty cool looking but wouldn’t be suprised if I would get some sort of migraine looking at it for to long.

It's terrible, but you get used to it. I'm a transplant here from the east coast.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
It's terrible, but you get used to it. I'm a transplant here from the east coast.
I gotcha I didn’t know if talking about the blue field upset people you know how those college towns get and thanks for the insight on LVE. My only concern (small concern) and I hope this doesn’t translate to the field is his use of the word “process”. I think Garrett said it a billion times during his workouts and might have backfired a little

Falco78

Reaction score
While he has to prove everything he has to us he could turn into a Luke Kuechly

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
You are prepared to be surprised, in a good way. I've posted this before, but appropriate again. I live in Boise. Went to BSU home games. Went in person to LVE's pro day... Being as objective as I can be, this guy is, at a minimum, Karlos Dansby. At a maximum, Brian Urhlacher... Simply put, 6'4" 256 lb guys do NOT move like this guy does. He is the best coverage MLB in this draft. His backpedal is effortless and fluid. He opens his hips like a CB. And with his 6'4" height and wingspan, 39.5" vert, and great range, he closes that window in the middle of the field. Makes it so hard for QB's to fit passes into that middle seam or throw over him. In today's NFL, that is huge... Further, I believe it was proven last year that Jaylon Smith is a far better OLB, than he is a MLB. Let him come off the edge and cover TE's. LVE's instincts at MLB are so much better than Jaylon's. Plus, he weighs 256 and has room for another 10lbs without losing any quickness... Where LVE needs to improve is take on. But not because he's not physical (forget the Bobby Carpenter comparisons, they are wrong and lazy). He IS physical. But he is so athletic, he often tries (and succeeds) to slip around blockers. He will get coached up on that... Also, the draft is a projection. And LVE's athleticism is off the charts. At 256, he ran a 4.65 40. And add to that a 3 cone of 6.88. That is the SAME as Calvin Ridley and better than DJ Moore (6.95). Last, he had a vertical of 39.5". That is the SAME as DJ Moore and 8.5" higher than Ridley. For a MLB. Think about that and let it sink in. He is an athletic freak, and an ascending player... Finally, he is a really good kid. High school championships in 8 man football and basketball. He is a self made player. Walk on. Team captain. He will not stop working. He is the anti-Dez... Fellas, do not be disappointed. You will love this guy.

The pick has future thoughts written all over it. Some have cursed the FO for lack of foresight. This is a foresight pick. He doesn't need to start right away, coaches can identify and work on his NFL inadequacies (if he has a few, who doesn't?), he get's to learn from a great LB'er mind in Sean Lee. Totally agree that Jaylon is an OLB'er with his frame and LVE appears to a Mike with his. We have time to figure out best fit. Like your descriptors of the player. Solid pick without splash

Proof

Reaction score
heard deal not dead?

You’re talking about Earl? Yeah I’d bet dime to dollar we get Earl. Definitely seems to be happening. I was talking about trading up for Derwin

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I’ll reserve my right to hold question,as such time till proven otherwise. I keep hearing one thing from staff....”coverage”. And I’m getting real irritated with this garbage philosophy of Rod’s love of zone coverages,playing ring around the rosey with the depth chart,and his never ending thirst for twitchy project flex players,that don’t amount to a hill of beans,when all is said and done after each season that goes by.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Basically a Sean Lee 2.0? Hopefully minus the injuries. With Lee LVE and Jaylon Smith we will have a dominant LB core

kazzd58

Reaction score
You are prepared to be surprised, in a good way. I've posted this before, but appropriate again. I live in Boise. Went to BSU home games. Went in person to LVE's pro day... Being as objective as I can be, this guy is, at a minimum, Karlos Dansby. At a maximum, Brian Urhlacher... Simply put, 6'4" 256 lb guys do NOT move like this guy does. He is the best coverage MLB in this draft. His backpedal is effortless and fluid. He opens his hips like a CB. And with his 6'4" height and wingspan, 39.5" vert, and great range, he closes that window in the middle of the field. Makes it so hard for QB's to fit passes into that middle seam or throw over him. In today's NFL, that is huge... Further, I believe it was proven last year that Jaylon Smith is a far better OLB, than he is a MLB. Let him come off the edge and cover TE's. LVE's instincts at MLB are so much better than Jaylon's. Plus, he weighs 256 and has room for another 10lbs without losing any quickness... Where LVE needs to improve is take on. But not because he's not physical (forget the Bobby Carpenter comparisons, they are wrong and lazy). He IS physical. But he is so athletic, he often tries (and succeeds) to slip around blockers. He will get coached up on that... Also, the draft is a projection. And LVE's athleticism is off the charts. At 256, he ran a 4.65 40. And add to that a 3 cone of 6.88. That is the SAME as Calvin Ridley and better than DJ Moore (6.95). Last, he had a vertical of 39.5". That is the SAME as DJ Moore and 8.5" higher than Ridley. For a MLB. Think about that and let it sink in. He is an athletic freak, and an ascending player... Finally, he is a really good kid. High school championships in 8 man football and basketball. He is a self made player. Walk on. Team captain. He will not stop working. He is the anti-Dez... Fellas, do not be disappointed. You will love this guy.

Im going to roll wit it he a Cowboy now... Welcome.. I hope he's all that and then some.... I trust Will and them

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Not disappointed but I felt the value was there at WR which is a bigger need imo. Cowboys obviously were not high on Ridley and Moore was a slight reach.
Is LVE night and day better than Wilson (who gets bumped from starting lineup) - I’d say yes.

Is Moore/Ridley night and day better than TWill/Bease? I’d say their definitely better but not yet night and day better to the level LVE is which makes LB the bigger need to them.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not excited about the pick the same way I wasn't excited when we drafted TFred. Ready to be pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't excited by Jaylon either

Still waiting for the 'pleasant surprise ' part

visionary

Reaction score
Is LVE night and day better than Wilson (who gets bumped from starting lineup) - I’d say yes.

Is Moore/Ridley night and day better than TWill/Bease? I’d say their definitely better but not yet night and day better to the level LVE is which makes LB the bigger need to them.

Ridley is way better than anyone on the roster right now

waving monkey

Reaction score
He's basically a high character, coachable version of Rolando McClain who was really good here.
I love this pick the more I watch vids on him but to be fair Rolando was a whale of a thumper I dont think LVE brings that.