To some a dream scenario with Dak going down

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We will see. If playing QB was as easy as you guys continually say then we’d have a lot more Tom Brady’s and Aaron Rodgers in the league over the last 50 years than we have actually seen.

As it is, this argument that “playing QB in the NFL is as easy as baking cookies” is a poor strawman argument used to bash Dak’s accomplishments. With this strawman everything positive Dak does could be waved away with contempt and all the focus could be lasered on his mistakes.

When Dalton ***** up, and he will, you guys will be throwing rose petals at his feet in the midst of your excuse making, whereas when Dak made a mistake you were throwing hammers. We saw this yesterday with the fumble and the should have been pick 6. Dak does those two things, even with a game winning drive, you would eviscerate him as a bum. For example, none of you gave him an ounce of credit for the ATL win and yet Dalton blowing a lead with a fumble isn’t brought up. Wonder why?[/QUOTE]

A G E N D A ...

jnday

Reaction score
I think Dalton will be fine. I have no issues about him.

But this is the worst defense I've ever seen. EVER. They handed a horrible Giants offense 27 points when thry were averaging half of that. He's not going to win with this defense. Nobody can. Not even Mahomes. We saw that yesterday.

About thay last drive: if Dak made those throws he would have been trashed as so inaccurate that Gallup had to turn himself into a pretzel to catch them. Then if the kicked is missed he would have been trashed further as just more garbage stats.
Dak would never attempted those throws. The WRs did not have enough separation for him to feel comfortable throwing them and it is doubtful that he is accurate enough place the ball in the only position where the pass was catchable. Dak would have threw a nice three yard check-down pass.

jnday

Reaction score
We will see. If playing QB was as easy as you guys continually say then we’d have a lot more Tom Brady’s and Aaron Rodgers in the league over the last 50 years than we have actually seen.

As it is, this argument that “playing QB in the NFL is as easy as baking cookies” is a poor strawman argument used to bash Dak’s accomplishments. With this strawman everything positive Dak does could be waved away with contempt and all the focus could be lasered on his mistakes.

When Dalton ***** up, and he will, you guys will be throwing rose petals at his feet in the midst of your excuse making, whereas when Dak made a mistake you were throwing hammers. We saw this yesterday with the fumble and the should have been pick 6. Dak does those two things, even with a game winning drive, you would eviscerate him as a bum. For example, none of you gave him an ounce of credit for the ATL win and yet Dalton blowing a lead with a fumble isn’t brought up. Wonder why?
All of your argument can be wiped away by the fact that it will be much cheaper paying a QB like Dalton that will play just as well, if not better than Dak, for a fraction of the cost. It makes no sense paying 40 million a year for a QB that will not produce more than a 15 million a year QB. I can overlook a lot faults from a cheaper QB because the cheaper salary can be used to upgrade other positions. Dalton will make mistakes, but he won’t demand to be overpayed while doing it . Dalton has won as many games as Dak has this year. Dak’s fumbling and interceptions are too expensive considering the results.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
All of your argument can be wiped away by the fact that it will be much cheaper paying a QB like Dalton that will play just as well, if not better than Dak, for a fraction of the cost. It makes no sense paying 40 million a year for a QB that will not produce more than a 15 million a year QB. I can overlook a lot faults from a cheaper QB because the cheaper salary can be used to upgrade other positions. Dalton will make mistakes, but he won’t demand to be overpayed while doing it . Dalton has won as many games as Dak has this year. Dak’s fumbling and interceptions are too expensive considering the results.

Dalton has never, and could never, put up the production Dak Prescott has. Prescott is more efficient while being a much higher volume passer, has a stronger arm, is far more athletic, and is a better leader than Dalton. It’s not even close.

While I don’t want to see it, this team is likely going to struggle without Dak once teams game plan for Dalton. We will see. That’s why I say this is obviously going to show Dak’s value or it’s going to give you haters evidence for your case.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Dak would never attempted those throws. The WRs did not have enough separation for him to feel comfortable throwing them and it is doubtful that he is accurate enough place the ball in the only position where the pass was catchable. Dak would have threw a nice three yard check-down pass.
Are you nuts?

Separation?

Did you miss the touchdown pass to Cooper last week in a window tighter than a crack between two bricks stacked on each other?

Your hater talking points do not align with reality.

Sandyf

Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it
-For those that wanted a top 5 draft pick, you may have it
-For those that had any hope of getting Dak at a cheaper price, you may get it
-For those that think Zeke can carry this team, you are about to find out
I would agree with 4 of the 5, top 5 pick with so many bad teams this year and more and more starters going down, heck we might win the division with a 6-10 record.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well as Tom Berringer said in the movie Major League, " there is only one thing left to do and that is to win the whole thing."

Reaction score
Excellent.

Then Dalton should have no trouble putting up 50 burgers every week, which is what it's going to take to win games.

And based on Dalton's pristine playoff record and Super Bowl wins in Cincinnati, I should have known that thie defense giving up 40 points a game is nothing more than a minor speed bump for the Red Rocket. He's laughing right now. Child's play.

I'm surprised the Cardinals haven't forfeited their game yet. They probably will soon. It's only Monday. They have no idea what they are about to face. I doubt their players will want to board the plane to Dallas to face Andy Dalton.

jnday

Reaction score
Excellent.

Then Dalton should have no trouble putting up 50 burgers every week, which is what it's going to take to win games.

And based on Dalton's pristine playoff record and Super Bowl wins in Cincinnati, I should have known that thie defense giving up 40 points a game is nothing more than a minor speed bump for the Red Rocket. He's laughing right now. Child's play.

I'm surprised the Cardinals haven't forfeited their game yet. They probably will soon. It's only Monday. They have no idea what they are about to face. I doubt their players will want to board the plane to Dallas to face Andy Dalton.
Exactly how many wins has those “50 burgers” produced? Ther are many of you that cheers for Dak’s stats instead of cheering for the team to win. The more passing attempts Dak makes, the fewer wins this team has. It has become so ridiculous that the team can lose by 20 points and the Dak slobbering fans can’t wait to make a thread about his useless stats that came from opposing defenses playing prevent to allow the clock to wind down. I have said from day one that many QBs could play as well as Dak with this offensive talent. I fully expect Dalton to play well and win as many games as Dak would have won. I know that it will depress some posters, but he probably won’t put up the stats like Dak, but he will actually win games which should be more important than padded stats.

Reaction score
Exactly how many wins has those “50 burgers” produced? Ther are many of you that cheers for Dak’s stats instead of cheering for the team to win. The more passing attempts Dak makes, the fewer wins this team has. It has become so ridiculous that the team can lose by 20 points and the Dak slobbering fans can’t wait to make a thread about his useless stats that came from opposing defenses playing prevent to allow the clock to wind down. I have said from day one that many QBs could play as well as Dak with this offensive talent. I fully expect Dalton to play well and win as many games as Dak would have won. I know that it will depress some posters, but he probably won’t put up the stats like Dak, but he will actually win games which should be more important than padded stats.
Not with this defense

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:dance:

It's like a breath of fresh air....the American nightmare is over. The Dallas Cowboys finally have a QB that can lead a WR on a crossing route.

Nor do I have to worry about my TEs pulling a groin because they are having to scoop a pass headed towards their feet.

Man, you're a disgrace.

starfan1

Reaction score
zeke has been part of the turnover problem that gets us behind and made us have to pass so much. Special teams blunders, bad coaching decisions and Dak all contributed to the aerial assault. And of course a defense that allows the opponent to score on virtually every possession.

But hey lets not let facts get in the way. The passing attack has been a necessity.

aikemirv

Reaction score
zeke has been part of the turnover problem that gets us behind and made us have to pass so much. Special teams blunders, bad coaching decisions and Dak all contributed to the aerial assault. And of course a defense that allows the opponent to score on virtually every possession.

But hey lets not let facts get in the way. The passing attack has been a necessity.
All true - a complete team failure.

I think the only group I would give an A grade to is the WR group.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

Useless stats my ***. This is where you haters sound so stupid. Without Dak’s production the games are blowouts. You poo poo the massive comebacks he’s initiated scoring on defenses in quick rapid fire succession that you claim are designed to make Dallas score slowly in order to burn clock. Lmao and you morons don’t see the inherent contradiction in this brain dead point of view that you are ARGUING FOR lmao. Never mind your premise that teams are going into, and staying in prevent defenses, the moment they get a two or more touchdown lead is utterly incompetent and shows a childish view of defensive strategy. That’s not what is happening at all especially the moment when the damn lead has been obliterated.

They aren’t “useless stats” just because the damn game is lost when every game has come down to the wire. Without Dak slinging like he’s done the first few weeks the games are blowout losses instead of nail biters that came down to the final possessions. We will see if Dalton has the moxie to overcome a horrific defense and makeshift offensive line with two UDFAs learning on the fly at tackle. One thing is for sure, he better hope Zeke and the ground game get going and that the pass blocking gets better because he doesn’t have Dak’s talent to overcome that on a consistent basis. We HAVE to run the ball with Dalton.

jnday

Reaction score
Useless stats my ***. This is where you haters sound so stupid. Without Dak’s production the games are blowouts. You poo poo the massive comebacks he’s initiated scoring on defenses in quick rapid fire succession that you claim are designed to make Dallas score slowly in order to burn clock. Lmao and you morons don’t see the inherent contradiction in this brain dead point of view that you are ARGUING FOR lmao. Never mind your premise that teams are going into, and staying in prevent defenses, the moment they get a two or more touchdown lead is utterly incompetent and shows a childish view of defensive strategy. That’s not what is happening at all especially the moment when the damn lead has been obliterated.

They aren’t “useless stats” just because the damn game is lost when every game has come down to the wire. Without Dak slinging like he’s done the first few weeks the games are blowout losses instead of nail biters that came down to the final possessions. We will see if Dalton has the moxie to overcome a horrific defense and makeshift offensive line with two UDFAs learning on the fly at tackle. One thing is for sure, he better hope Zeke and the ground game get going and that the pass blocking gets better because he doesn’t have Dak’s talent to overcome that on a consistent basis. We HAVE to run the ball with Dalton.
Massive comebacks? LMAO with the exception of Atlanta making a very dumb special teams play, there has been no massive comebacks. You apparently can not grasp the the ideal that these games have been blow-outs and the defenses are playing prevent to allow the clock to run out. The opposing teams are not concerned about Dak leading some miracle comeback. The game is won and they know it. By the way, scoring a lot of points and padding stats during garbage time of games is not a comeback. If Dak and the offense would start playing better for the entire game instead of waiting to the 4th quarter, these games wouldn’t be blowouts.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dalton may not be the answer....but @ least we won't have that anchor Prescott dragging us down anymore. The turnovers were just killing us....
Lol. Dalton is a turnover machine. Considering your opinion saying Kellen Moore was better than Romo you have no bearing on anything resembling an intelligent argument.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Lol you're so stupid it hurts.

Is that the new made up Dak nitpick is not throwing in tight windows?

Easily disproven as always
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing

As I said, so stupid.