Today In Strangeness

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Darwin was an Idiot, not to mention a well known racist!...an he perpetuated an idiotic, racist, and flawed theory!... :angry:
that the modern scientific academicians crowd gravitated to,kinda like what the church did for the progress of society in the dark ages?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 20th...

On this day in 1893, Lizzie Borden was acquitted of the murder of her parents.
Jaws , the movie by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to swim
in the ocean, opened in theaters (1975), and "Price is Right" model Janice Pennington
was knocked out by a TV camera while taping the show (1988).

...a childrens song...

"Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her mother 40 whacks
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father 41"
b0OoqXL.jpg

...also...

Slew of New Exoplanets Found:

NASA has provided an update on the Kepler Space Telescope's search for exoplanets and
the total number of new worlds discovered is staggering. The space agency announced
since their last briefing on the landmark device, Kepler has found an astounding 219
potential new planets, including a tantalizing ten which are thought to be around the
size of the Earth and also reside in an orbit, known as the Goldilocks zone, that is
believed to be the ideal spot for water, and thus life, to exist.
JEml28A.jpg
Ole Lizzy was very lucky to have the same Jury as O.J.

Them

Reaction score
that the modern scientific academicians crowd gravitated to,kinda like what the church did for the progress of society in the dark ages?
...If you taking about the "Inquisition"...then I wouldn't see the comparison between the two issues, anyway, I've probably said all I can really say about it on this site me thinks!?...:rolleyes:

(P.S....if you care to...check out the actual name of Darwin's so called "Masterpiece" it may surprise you....you should see why it was hidden, and the shortened version was pronounced to all!)

Them

Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 21rst...

Happy Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, where June 21st marks the longest day of the year!
Revelers mark the occasion at Stonehenge where the monument is said to align with the sunrise.
On this day in 2006, Pluto's newly discovered moons were officially named Nix and Hydra.
pawVKVT.jpg

...also...

Massive Cache of **** Relics Found in Argentina: :eek:

Authorities in Argentina have recovered an enormous trove of **** artifacts that had been hidden
in a secret room of a suburban Buenos Aires home. Believed to be the largest such collection ever
found in the country, the 75 creepy pieces of 'memorabilia' are thought to have come from high-ranking
members of the Third Reich. Included in the unsettling collection are several busts and statues of Hitler
as well as a vast array of items such as wooden boxes and swords emblazoned with **** emblems.
QvQzOip.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not really.

USFL. CFL. XFL. WLAF. AAFL. Arena.
Non of those are what I call football but then again the NFL and AFL at the time they merged were hardly the same game that we know as NFL football today. The USFL and XFL were just horrible and the AAFL and WLAF are basically a different sport all together although the WLAF is watchable. The closest thing to the NFL today is the CFL but even it has several differences that just makes it unenjoyable. As a rule... anything with the word "Canadian" attached to it is just a pretender of something American.

:lmao::laugh::lmao2:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 21rst...

Happy Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, where June 21st marks the longest day of the year!
Revelers mark the occasion at Stonehenge where the monument is said to align with the sunrise.
On this day in 2006, Pluto's newly discovered moons were officially named Nix and Hydra.
pawVKVT.jpg

...also...

Massive Cache of **** Relics Found in Argentina: :eek:

Authorities in Argentina have recovered an enormous trove of **** artifacts that had been hidden
in a secret room of a suburban Buenos Aires home. Believed to be the largest such collection ever
found in the country, the 75 creepy pieces of 'memorabilia' are thought to have come from high-ranking
members of the Third Reich. Included in the unsettling collection are several busts and statues of Hitler
as well as a vast array of items such as wooden boxes and swords emblazoned with **** emblems.
QvQzOip.jpg
Very cool Gamie.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Non of those are what I call football but then again the NFL and AFL at the time they merged were hardly the same game that we know as NFL football today. The USFL and XFL were just horrible and the AAFL and WLAF are basically a different sport all together although the WLAF is watchable. The closest thing to the NFL today is the CFL but even it has several differences that just makes it unenjoyable. As a rule... anything with the word "Canadian" attached to it is just a pretender of something American.

:lmao::laugh::lmao2:
LOL. "LIKE"

Them

Reaction score
...I believe it would have showed just a tad of "Consideration" for at least one of the "Upper Echelon" members to inform me as to "Why" the "Power of the Likes" has been taken away from this topic!...even if only to "Alert: me afterwards...Thanks for nothing!...

Them

Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 22nd...

On this date in 1969, Ohio's Cuyahoga River literally caught on fire. While the river had been
aflame numerous times before, it was this incident which brought the attention of the national media,
most notably TIME magazine, and cast an embarrassing spotlight on the rampant pollution in the area.
r3wFcUW.jpg

...also...

New Earhart Expedition to Use Forensic Dogs:

A new expedition to an island in the South Pacific aims to finally solve the mystery of Amelia Earhart's
disappearance by using forensic dogs. The famed aviatrix and her navigator, Fred Noonan, went missing during
an attempt to fly around the world in July of 1937 and their uncertain fate has vexed historians and researchers
ever since. However an impending project, set to launch later this week, could produce a breakthrough in the
eighty-year-old case by way of bone-sniffing dogs set loose on an island in the Pacific.
WN0R0MQ.jpg

Them

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 23rd...

Linked to the Summer Solstice, the celebration of Midsummer's Eve, the night leading into June 24th,
is celebrated in many parts of the world. In the tradition of ancient times, bonfires are lit in
countries as Denmark and Finland. On this day in 1951, a 200-mile stretch of Kansas was hit by one of
the most expensive hailstorms in U.S. history, with over $15 million in crops & property damage.
TLiT89e.jpg

...also...

Deformed Sheep Sparks Panic in South Africa:

Residents of a village in South Africa have been gripped with fear following the birth of a monstrous-looking
sheep that appeared to be almost human. Panic took over the town of Lady Frere when photos of the mutated stillborn
lamb spread throughout the community and some of the village elders declared that it had been "sent by the Devil."
Subsequent suspicions of witchcraft at work in the village or an unholy union between man and beast spawned considerable
concerns from members of the village.
bVf605S.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
...If you taking about the "Inquisition"...then I wouldn't see the comparison between the two issues, anyway, I've probably said all I can really say about it on this site me thinks!?...:rolleyes:

(P.S....if you care to...check out the actual name of Darwin's so called "Masterpiece" it may surprise you....you should see why it was hidden, and the shortened version was pronounced to all!)
Kinda inferring about the power lock it held over societal advancement just in general ,the inquisition was the enforcement arm of it maintaining it's position

Them

Reaction score
Kinda inferring about the power lock it held over societal advancement just in general ,the inquisition was the enforcement arm of it maintaining it's position
..."I can't like anything anymore...so guess"...:muttley:

Them

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 26th...

Saturday marks the 70th anniversary of Kenneth Arnold's seminal UFO sighting which is
credited as start of the modern UFO era and spawned the term 'flying saucer.' Occurring
just days before the infamous Roswell incident, the Arnold event took place on June 24th, 1947,
when the private pilot was flying past Mount Rainier in Washington state and purportedly spotted
a veritable armada of nine UFOs soaring past his plane. Little did Arnold know that his experience
would soon produce worldwide headlines and still have a profound impact on the world seven decades later.

qZEG20O.jpg

...also...

World's Ugliest Dog for 2017 is Crowned

A Neapolitan Mastiff named Martha bested thirteen other competitors on Saturday to take home the title of
'World's Ugliest Dog' for 2017. The three-year-old canine, who boasts an inordinate amount of skin on her face and a
propensity for excessive drooling, captured the title at the 29th annual installment of the competition held in Petaluma, California.
Efkn1TI.jpg

Them

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 27th...

The gothic soap opera Dark Shadows premiered on this day in 1966 on ABC.
One of the most beloved characters from the cult TV show, 175-year-old vampire
Barnabas Collins, was added ten months into the series run in an effort to
boost low ratings.
eRB2mHX.jpg

...also...

FBI Joins the Hunt for TX 'Bigfoot':

The Texas city claiming to have Bigfoot lurking in its parks is allegedly getting some help
in the search for the famed cryptid via the FBI, but perhaps they have taken the tale a bit
too far.

Round Rock, Texas made the headlines earlier this month when their Parks and Recreation Department
posted photos of curious tracks which they suggested could have been from Bigfoot.
A cursory examination of the story quickly revealed that it was really just the start of a campaign
organized by the city to entice residents into using the parks this summer to 'look for Bigfoot.'
Nonetheless, the ruse continued late last week when the city posted to their official website that
the FBI had reached out to their chief of police to offer assistance in nabbing Bigfoot.
In an email shared by the city, an FBI Special Agent tells the chief that the Bureau is very concerned
with the Bigfoot reports and that they are nominating the creature for their Top 10 Most Wanted.
The rather clever announcement included a 'Wanted' poster for Bigfoot that accuses the creature of
numerous nefarious deeds and promises a whopping $500,000 for information directly leading to the capture
of the creature.
While one must applaud the ingenuity of whichever parks department employee came up with FBI angle to the story,
it appears that the city might be having second thoughts about the latest twist to the campaign.
Sometime after the news of the FBI involvement had been posted to the city's website on Friday, the page
containing the information was removed, leaving only the message "that page can't be found."
3vYqahw.jpg

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wish I could like these, Martian :(

So, LIKE!

Thanks brudda, I enjoy these each day :)

Them

Reaction score
...I tried to have the "like" button returned...but I seem to have been unsuccessful!!...:star: