Video: Tony Romo and JJ Watt talk about "The Great Escape" play

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This was a game that mattered. He couldn’t escape that pressure and pull off a great play. This play sums up his career.:thumbup:Many more remember this play than the Watt play.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
This was a game that mattered. He couldn’t escape that pressure and pull off a great play. This play sums up his career.:thumbup:

Of course, KJJ. (thumbs up...wink, wink). You know what happened in that play so don't act stupid.

We will wait for your next "I'm done talking about it".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To think many fans would rather go back to where we were with Romo. How soon some of you forget. :rolleyes: Not many QBs have a career lowlights video. Just as long as his highlight video’s. A lot of those mistakes were in huge games. :flagwave:

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak’s career lowlights wouldn’t be half as long as Romo’s.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Classic post.
Thanks! :thumbup: It’s one of those posts that cause a few losers to have a meltdown. They can’t handle objectively and decide to focus in on me. I’ve made my share of critical comments towards Dak. I said the same things about Romo I’ve said about Dak. Who can we get that’s better? I argued that years ago with those who wanted to dump Romo.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Thanks! :thumbup: It’s one of those posts that cause a few losers to have a meltdown. They can’t handle objectively and decide to make it all about me. I’ve made my share of critical comments towards Dak. I said the same things about Romo I’ve said about Dak. Who can we get that’s better? I argued that years ago with those who wanted to dump Romo.
look into the mirror to find one

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Funny I never see you saying anywhere near as much about Dak, so your claim is kind of a joke.
FYI. You will never get in the last word with KJJ, he just has to be right or else you two will be posting for a long time. lmao

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Funny I never see you saying anywhere near as much about Dak, so your claim is kind of a joke.
Take your blinders off and go research my posts. I’ve been very critical of him but who can we get that’s better? That’s the same exact argument I made with Romo. Romo was an excellent QB who had his flaws, but was never supported by a great defense. It’s the same with Dak. The chances of doing better at the position is slim. It was slim with Romo and it will be slim with Dak. If you put too much on your QB bad things usually happen, especially in big games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My favorite stat is that Eli never needed to score more than 21 points in either Super Bowl run.
However, he had to bring his team from behind in both SB’s in the closing minutes. This is why he was the MVP in both games.

zack

Reaction score
It’s been the same thing with the defense with Dak. He put up over 400 yards on the road against a stiff Tampa defense in 2021 and our defense folded with the game on the line. That was one of the best games he ever played. Two of his best performances were against Tom Brady on the road

Everyone knows this fan base is loaded with Romo apologists and it’s a fact! When he had bad games some put the blame on everyone but him. If he had a couple fumbles, it was the OL’s fault, not him. If he had 3 INTs it was the receivers fault, not him. :rolleyes: I wish I could find the posts, but some of you know I’m telling it straight. :thumbup:In 2016 despite Dak’s great play there were fans who would have rather lost with Romo than win with Dak and I’m convinced of it. Had we won the SB with Dak that season the Romo crowd would have been disappointed. There were fans that were a bigger fan of him than the team.

It’s been the same thing with the defense with Dak. He put up over 400 yards on the road against a stiff Tampa defense in 2021 and our defense folded with the game on the line. That was one of the best games he ever played. Two of his best performances were against Tom Brady on the road.
To a very small extent. It’s not even close. Romo didn’t really have a defense that could make the stops when needed. Dak has had that luxury way more.

zack

Reaction score
Funny but Eli pulled off an even greater escape that won the SB against a 17-0 Pats team but the majority of this fan base discredits him for the play giving all the credit to Tyree. :rolleyes: Had Romo pulled off that play this fan base would have hailed him as the greatest QB ever. Lol Not a single fan would have discredited him and that’s a FACT! Eli has been discredited in both great plays he made with the SB on the line. Everyone here gives Manningham the credit for the play 3 years later in the SB. While Eli is called lucky. Lol Not one fan here would have called Romo lucky. I get there’s a bias here but some of you need to get real.
He was lucky. He’s the most mediocre QB. He wasn’t the best QB in the NFC East either.

zack

Reaction score
My favorite stat is that Eli never needed to score more than 21 points in either Super Bowl run.

Not saying Eli didn’t do his part, but that was probably the difference between the franchises
The Giants defense in both playoff runs is what won those games. Keeping Brady in check both times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To a very small extent. It’s not even close. Romo didn’t really have a defense that could make the stops when needed. Dak has had that luxury way more.
When has Dak had the luxury of a defense that could make critical stops in huge games? We’ve had the same exact problem with the defense with Dak that we had with Romo.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Take your blinders off and go research my posts. I’ve been very critical of him but who can we get that’s better? That’s the same exact argument I made with Romo. Romo was an excellent QB who had his flaws, but was never supported by a great defense. It’s the same with Dak. The chances of doing better at the position is slim. It was slim with Romo and it will be slim with Dak. If you put too much on your QB bad things usually happen, especially in big games.
like someone else said you will never admit anything

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was lucky. He’s the most mediocre QB. He wasn’t the best QB in the NFC East either.
Would you have said the same thing had Romo made that play?