Tony Romo best Cowboy QB of all time

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I will admit, Tony's 1st half performance is light years ahead of this crap Luke Bryan mess. Is this what country music is now?

I still stand by ranking of Danny White over Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I do have to agree with this mostly... Like Tom Brady has games where he throws 3+ picks, but I cant remember guys like Brady and Rodgers ever having two pick-sixes in the same game, and certainly not in big spotlight games like today... Very disappointing to say the least...

Staubach and Aikman never suffered meltdowns like we've seen from Romo especially on Thanksgiving. Romo's had some of his worst games/moments when the Nation is watching which is why there's a stigma with him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Staubach and Aikman never suffered meltdowns like we've seen from Romo especially on Thanksgiving. Romo's had some of his worst games/moments when the Nation is watching which is why there's a stigma with him.

Unfortunately that is true. I think that's why he'll never make the HOF.

basilhayden

Reaction score
In Romo's defense, Jerry has probably made him believe he was a better player than actually was possible.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
In Romo's defense, Jerry has probably made him believe he was a better player than actually was possible.

Jerry never built the team for him the right way. He should have built the OL and had a great running game before last year. Looking at this game it looks like pass, pass, pass again. that's when mistakes are made.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Neither Staubach or Aikman played in broken offensive systems for most of their career.

NumOneQB

Reaction score

Not defending Romo here because he is a veteran still making these stupid mistakes, but these 2 HoF QB's also had 2 of the best coaches in Cowboys history in their ears.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Neither Staubach or Aikman played in broken offensive systems for most of their career.

I'm not going to blame the offensive systems for the mistakes we see with Romo. It's the offensive systems that have made him the most productive QB in franchise history with the second highest all-time career passer rating. He's never had a bad year and was in the conversation for league MVP last season. He's had a history of making poor decisions and that's on him not the system.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not defending Romo here because he is a veteran still making these stupid mistakes, but these 2 HoF QB's also had 2 of the best coaches in Cowboys history in their ears.

It's not the coaching that causes the mistakes we see with Romo he was turning the ball over under Parcells.

plasticman

Reaction score
The difference between our two HOF QB's and Tony Romo?

Superbowls versus excuses.

Tony didn't get this, Tony didn't get that, B.S.

Tony Romo was given ample opportunities to be a relevant player in the playoffs, to make his mark and produce a signature game.

He was given All Pro receivers, a HOF TE, multiple Pro Bowl linemen the majority of years, thousand yard rushers, Jones ruined the cap getting the best receivers he could, regardless of baggage.

Its always, if this happened, if that happened...the winners make it happen.

Tony Romo's career isn't over but the clock is ticking, it's getting very close now. They either turn this game and the season around or they get it next year, perhaps.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
How bout 4 SB appearences and winning 2 of them ?
How bout leading the NFL in passer rating a few times ?

Tony has done none of the above.....

Like I said earlier, you have to compare Romo to his peers in this pass happy offensive era. Staubach and Aikman were some of the best QB's in their era and backed it up with playoff wins & Super Bowl rings. They are HoF QBs, no doubt.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something is wrong with Romo today, he is acting weird. I think he got too much pain medication or it is reacting with something.

cml750

Reaction score
I still stand firmly in Romo's corner and shame on those who don't. His absences was given as the excuse for us losing seven in a row. He is back now. You can't have it both ways. There is an issue with this team and it is not Tony Romo.