News: Tony Romo Isn't Going Anywhere

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Twice in 10 years and some people want to roll into the playoffs with that track record. Its time for Dak to begin his own playoff track record. He will have more playoff wins this year than Romo has in his career!
We haven't even made the Playoffs yet, so settle down with these ridiculous thoughts.
Also, going into the Playoffs with a QB who has played in them & Won in them, shouldn't be just brushed off as no big deal.
It's cool to like what the team is doing & how Dak is playing but put the shovel down. Romo's not dead & he's still a QB for this team & has earned respect, so try giving some.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
He's won there twice in 10 years. Dak has a chance to accomplish more in one season as a "rookie" than Romo has his entire career. Dak is facing the same challenges that Romo has faced having a solid offense, along with a suspect defense. This is not hating on Romo, I'm just pointing out a fact. Romo has been terrific but we've never gotten past the second round of the playoffs with him. Our luck may change with Dak, something seems special about him.
Actually doing it & having "a chance" are 2 different things. My hope is that EITHER of them, will take us to where we want them to be. That should be how we all feel.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's won there twice in 10 years. Dak has a chance to accomplish more in one season as a "rookie" than Romo has his entire career. Dak is facing the same challenges that Romo has faced having a solid offense, along with a suspect defense. This is not hating on Romo, I'm just pointing out a fact. Romo has been terrific but we've never gotten past the second round of the playoffs with him. Our luck may change with Dak, something seems special about him.
What part of Romo is a better quarterback than Dak is don't you understand ?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

What makes you think Romo is the better quarterback right now? He's coming off a broken back and he hasn't played in a regular season game in a year. What don't you understand about that? Dak is a dual threat what don't you understand about that? We lose the read option with Romo at quarterback what don't you understand about that?

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I loved that article. Romo is such a classy guy. Never understood the hatred for such a good guy.

However, and this may be the conspiracy theorist in me, anybody find the timing of this article to be curious? He's been silent throughout this whole rehab process, and now this comes out. It's obvious this article was written from tidbits and quotes from the "Romo Camp." You think Dallas have privately told Romo, directly or indirectly, that Dak is starting QB going forward regardless of Romo's health? And now the "Romo Camp" is plotting his path for the future? Build enough good PR and gravitas that perhaps some team would offer Dallas a trade package that Dallas couldn't say no to. It just seems like after being quiet and letting everyone with a pulse weigh in on Romo, this article is the beginning of the "Romo's Camp" case of him being an elite QB for either Dallas or some other team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The part where he won't b on the field because Dak playing better than Tony last year and not laying on the turf.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We haven't even made the Playoffs yet, so settle down with these ridiculous thoughts.
Also, going into the Playoffs with a QB who has played in them & Won in them, shouldn't be just brushed off as no big deal.
It's cool to like what the team is doing & how Dak is playing but put the shovel down. Romo's not dead & he's still a QB for this team & has earned respect, so try giving some.

Romo, playoffs, and earned respect don't go together. I respect where he came from and what he has done but when it comes to playoffs or week 17 lose and go home games, he hasn't earned anything resembling respect in my book.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo, playoffs, and earned respect don't go together. I respect where he came from and what he has done but when it comes to playoffs or week 17 lose and go home games, he hasn't earned anything resembling respect in my book.
Is it win or go home or lose and go home games? lol... you just have to laugh at the sheer stupidity of made up stats.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I loved that article. Romo is such a classy guy. Never understood the hatred for such a good guy.

However, and this may be the conspiracy theorist in me, anybody find the timing of this article to be curious? He's been silent throughout this whole rehab process, and now this comes out. It's obvious this article was written from tidbits and quotes from the "Romo Camp." You think Dallas have privately told Romo, directly or indirectly, that Dak is starting QB going forward regardless of Romo's health? And now the "Romo Camp" is plotting his path for the future? Build enough good PR and gravitas that perhaps some team would offer Dallas a trade package that Dallas couldn't say no to. It just seems like after being quiet and letting everyone with a pulse weigh in on Romo, this article is the beginning of the "Romo's Camp" case of him being an elite QB for either Dallas or some other team.

I don't understand why it has to be termed hatred for Romo when someone acknowledges his shortcomings and wants to stick with Dak. I don't hate Romo at all. I just think he gave everything he had and it wasn't good enough so I want to see if Dak can work his magic in the playoffs. If they go back to Romo, of course I will cheer for him but I will also fully expect a huge letdown game in the playoffs.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Is it win or go home or lose and go home games? lol... you just have to laugh at the sheer stupidity of made up stats.

Whats the difference? Three straight years a win got us in the playoffs and he didn't get it done. I'm ready to move on. Stupidity is sticking with something that has been proven not to work!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Whats the difference? Three straight years a win got us in the playoffs and he didn't get it done. I'm ready to move on. Stupidity is sticking with something that has been proven not to work!
There is no special significance to a regular season game at the end of the season vs any other time. if you lose an extra game somewhere else, then the Week 17 game is meaningless. They all count the same. This is the logical fallacy of trying to make up a stat.

The second stupid thing is that Tony didn't even play in Week 17 in 2013, he was hurt against Washington in week 16.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
BTW...Bleacher Report is really starting to churn out some fantastic reads.

They're taking a page out of Bill Simmons' The Ringer, it looks like. I was equally surprised at that piece of fine journalism, considering their sketchy past.

The Ringer is top notch. Check it out if you haven't, Dale.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There is no special significance to a regular season game at the end of the season vs any other time. if you lose an extra game somewhere else, then the Week 17 game is meaningless. They all count the same. This is the logical fallacy of trying to make up a stat.

The second stupid thing is that Tony didn't even play in Week 17 in 2013, he was hurt against Washington in week 16.

That is about as stupid as it can be. So a week 17 game where a win gets you to 9-7 and a playoff spot is no different than week 4? No added pressure to perform? No added expectations by the team and fans? Sorry, that's beyond ridiculous. So where was Romo in 2013? Oh yeah, hurt again. So if he wasn't blowing a big game, he was on the bench with a broken something. Either way, I'd rather go with Dak at this point.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
That is about as stupid as it can be. So a week 17 game where a win gets you to 9-7 and a playoff spot is no different than week 4? No added pressure to perform? No added expectations by the team and fans? Sorry, that's beyond ridiculous. So where was Romo in 2013? Oh yeah, hurt again. So if he wasn't blowing a big game, he was on the bench with a broken something. Either way, I'd rather go with Dak at this point.
Translation: "all of the drivel I spat out was proven to be wrong, so I will go in a different direction and see what happens. You can now lose a win or go home game (or is that lose and go home game) even if you don't suit up!"

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Was he "blowing big games" in 2014? You know, those big games that he played in after the regular season ended and the post season began? Hmm?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

How about just rooting for Dak and not disparaging Romo with half truths?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

If you're gonna use those "3 straight years" why not cite the year closest to this one, 2014, as well?

Ahh, cuz it doesn't fit your little Romo-hate narrative.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I don't understand why it has to be termed hatred for Romo when someone acknowledges his shortcomings and wants to stick with Dak. I don't hate Romo at all. I just think he gave everything he had and it wasn't good enough so I want to see if Dak can work his magic in the playoffs. If they go back to Romo, of course I will cheer for him but I will also fully expect a huge letdown game in the playoffs.

I meant long term hatred for Romo throughout his career.