News: Tony Romo might return to Cowboys sooner than we think after all

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The smart thing to do would be to IR him. Takes the coach's out of the equation. i.e. putting him back out there to soon. The week after our bye is the time for Romo.
This guy has give this team everything over his career, we would have been so much worse off without him. I do not get all the vitriol directed at him from fans of ours and everybody else.
My respect for him go's up every year, and it is a shame that his body is starting to break down - but this front office has relied on him for years to mask this team. Now, let the guy heal properly - stop rushing him back.
I doubt our coaches will be in the equation. It will be Jerry's decision which means it's basically Romo's decision .

My hunch is the first sign of struggles like an 0-2 start Romo will be limping back in.

csirl

Reaction score
I think the uncertainty and speculation has real negative impact on the team. We need to learn from last year - the constant will he/won't he play soon discussion.

Team would be better drawing line under it all and giving both players and coaches breathing room to work without the Romo situation distracting.

He should be put on returnable IR. So the timetable is clear and everyone can get on with things. So what if he's back a game or two later than he could - he likely wouldn't be great anyway while still recovering.

With Dak and now Sanchez, we're ok at QB for a few weeks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Myself, and with the sophistication of the Medical Team and Facilities, I'm not buying into the Cowboys not knowing what is truely on the table. In a sport such as the NFL, there is continual confrontation to injury and recovery. I'm not also buying into a person falls off the end of the planet upon reaching the mid thirties in age.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I think another aspect to seriously consider, he is not good at all when healthy and can take his team out of games faster than any QB on the planet. It's hard to imagine how effective he will be if playing hurt/scared.

Your ride's here, bro.

ShortBus.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't even bother. Your answers will never be good enough for him. His mind is made up.

I don't know why.. With the information we have its just a guess.

I can't understand why so many want to marry their opinion that he needs to be out Forever.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
The problem for Tony is as soon as he steps foot back on a playing field defenses will do their best to get him back (no pun)off of it. Selfishly we want him in there, but for his own good he needs to really consider the risk more than ever, especially at 36. Look at Troy, he knew when to walk away and seems fine today.
From a team perspective let's hope Dak is so dang good that either way Tony can enjoy this season.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't know why.. With the information we have its just a guess.

I can't understand why so many want to marry their opinion that he needs to be out Forever.
yeah when people run around saying X or Y should retire, I think it isn't your life so why do you care so much

cowboyskid29

Reaction score
I think another aspect to seriously consider, he is not good at all when healthy and can take his team out of games faster than any QB on the planet. It's hard to imagine how effective he will be if playing hurt/scared.

I'm guessing you know that over the last 2 seasons Dallas is 15-4 when Romo starts and 1-12 when he doesnt?