News: Tony Romo might return to Cowboys sooner than we think after all

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not care about the media BS ....... I saw him get hit and lay completely still for almost 3 minutes ....... they cantry toplay it off as much as they want but he was hurt. He is a 36 year old with a twice broke back and a thrice broke collarbone.

But we will see ....... because the team will rush him back as soon as they legally can.

He also tried to go back in the game and spoke about how well he thought it held up before the MRI.

I'm taking more from that than him laying on the ground for 3 minutes.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm guessing Cincy or Green Bay will be the return game. That would be over 6 weeks after the injury if it is game 5 against Cincy or over 7 weeks after the injury if it is Game 6 against Green Bay.

DTown214

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a few days now... he'll be back for the Bengal game week 5. Only way I don't see him returning that soon is if we're 3-1 or 4-0. And honestly 3-1 isn't unrealistic. Giants, Skins, Bears, 9ers... not exactly Murderers' Row.

Gabe

Reaction score
You may want to look closer at the actual facts than your emotions, Gabe.
The teams wins WAY more with him.
He actually has some the best clutch stats vs any QB in NFL history.

Some of the turnovers in the past--though relatively rare compared to many QBs--are so painful for us fans that we magnify then by 10x.
I get it, but it's not reality.
I don't know how to look it up, but what is his playoff record? If this was after 1-2 years, Id say lets give him some more chances to see if he can get it done. After 10-12 years, NOTHING has changed in terms of postseason success. There are MANY QB's out there who would love one of the opportunities he has blown over the years and who could do far more with it.

He is older, less mobile, fragile... It's not going to happen with him. As much as I'd like to see it happen at this point... It simply will not. I don't mean this out of any disrespect towards anyone. But, have followed his career pretty closely and know his play EXTREMELY well when it really matters. The results speak for themselves. Time to give Dak a chance regardless of how much they are getting paid. I want our team to win NOW.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach, we definitely have some drama this year with our potential QB controversy. Should be a fun year. Ha
Absolutely, this is the one thing we've not had since these forums began. I can only imagine what it would have been like with Morton-Staubach and then that choker, Danny White.

And you know me Greg, it's as much about then ammo for the forum as it is about the game. I'm pulling for Dak to have a really good game for the team but alss for this forum because it will only heat up the following week. God help me, I love it. I love it so.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo needs post season success to go with his HOF type numbers.

We have got to have more playoff success.. We have got to start being one of the last 4 teams left standing at the end of the year.

It's not Romo's fault that we havent had more playoff success but he is judged by a lot of people for the lack of post season success.
I agree with all of that.

I'm still not sure that the offesne is great enough to overcome that defense ...to get them to final 4 quality. But they almost managed to get there in 2014, so who knows.

The team's 2-4 playoff record isn't great, that's for sure. The sad thing is that 3 of those 4 losses came down to a few inches here or there. So close.
fwiw, Romo has 4x more TDs than ints in the playoffs and one of the higher career playoff QB ratings. It's not like he's been bad.
But that resume needs more, no doubt.
He'd be the first to agree with you.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't know how to look it up, but what is his playoff record? If this was after 1-2 years, Id say lets give him some more chances to see if he can get it done. After 10-12 years, NOTHING has changed in terms of postseason success. There are MANY QB's out there who would love one of the opportunities he has blown over the years and who could do far more with it.

He is older, less mobile, fragile... It's not going to happen with him. As much as I'd like to see it happen at this point... It simply will not. I don't mean this out of any disrespect towards anyone. But, have followed his career pretty closely and know his play EXTREMELY well when it really matters. The results speak for themselves. Time to give Dak a chance regardless of how much they are getting paid. I want our team to win NOW.

Come better prepared...2014, Tony was a wrong call on Dez Bryant away from the NFC Championship game. They still don't have the reception down...as even there, one has to be a runner. And with a runner, the ground can not create a fumble.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Season hasn't even started yet and people saying to play for high draft pick......what

I don't care if it's Romo, Dak or Sanchez I'm tired of this franchise being laughed at. Losing is not what we are built on and this losers mentality is sickening. We have a talented enough team to do some damage this year. Yea I get our defense isn't great but our offense should be. It's insane to think some have giving up on the season

Can we play some games first and see where we are. Sad to see we have fallen with these fans loser mentality and I'm not saying be rah rah cheerleader but dang come on guys. We can and should win the division. Make the playoffs and anything is possible
We're going to be laughed at as long as Jerry is running football operations . A little success on the field isn't going to change that . But it will makes us feel better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We all want to win NOW. Gabe, I know you're a Dak guy but don't let that overshadow what has been and still is a good QB. He is a lot more respected outside of the fandom than inside it but that's just the way it is.

What we all want is the best QB to lead the team to victories and overcome this defense. I am fine with either one but I have more faith in Romo's ability to execute this offense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He also tried to go back in the game and spoke about how well he thought it held up before the MRI.

I'm taking more from that than him laying on the ground for 3 minutes.

He also tried to go back in the game after he broke his collar bone ....... he did go back in the game with a punctured lung.

This team does not give a damn about Romo's health ...... and neither do a lot of the fans.

He is a fighting dog ....... they will use him till he is dead because they think they paid him enough for that right.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
QB's take hard hits just about every game. Romo is one hard hit from being out again imo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're going to be laughed at as long as Jerry is running football operations . A little success on the field isn't going to change that . But it will makes us feel better.
If this team arrives, most will think it just took Booger a long time to come around. They weren't laughing in 2014 when they named him EOTY. And success on the field will make all of us forget the past.

And we better hope that's the case because Booger is going to be running football operations until he is no longer mentally or physically able and that brain is only about 45 now. Booger is a credit to drinking and supports a theory of mine that alcohol serves as a preservative for the brain. Mine is only 13 but you could tell that form the posts, couldn't you?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB's take hard hits just about every game. Romo is one hard hit from being out again imo.
I agree, he's a marked man and D's know if they kill the head, the snake dies. I do not have a lot of faith in him staying back when he comes back because I do not think he's agile or flexible enough to adequately protect himself as he could in the past.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If this team arrives, most will think it just took Booger a long time to come around. They weren't laughing in 2014 when they named him EOTY. And success on the field will make all of us forget the past.

And we better hope that's the case because Booger is going to be running football operations until he is no longer mentally or physically able and that brain is only about 45 now. Booger is a credit to drinking and supports a theory of mine that alcohol serves as a preservative for the brain. Mine is only 13 but you could tell that form the posts, couldn't you?
I've been laughing at him for 26 years. lol

Winning championships didn't change my opinions. It only allowed me to tolerate him.

Gabe

Reaction score
We all want to win NOW. Gabe, I know you're a Dak guy but don't let that overshadow what has been and still is a good QB. He is a lot more respected outside of the fandom than inside it but that's just the way it is.

What we all want is the best QB to lead the team to victories and overcome this defense. I am fine with either one but I have more faith in Romo's ability to execute this offense.
Fair enough, just from an eye test... And im not sure if some saw it the same way as I did. But this preseason, In Dak I saw a QB full of energy, durable, willing and able to take a hit, can take off and make things happen on the ground...

In Romo, I saw old and frail and unable to get down a proper slide. After injury, it is not going to pretty for him in my honest opinion. He has experience, can definitely draw from what doesn't work in key situations, and also does have respect of many fans and teammates. Dak has a LOT of that too along with the other things I mentioned.

In terms of playoffs, if we make it there, let's ride with Dak... It would be nearly impossible to do any worse. He COULD do much better too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Great, im glad he is doing ok. In terms of football, horrible news as he will just run the team into the ground like he has done his ENTIRE career. It's going to be interesting after seeing Dak light it up... And then Romo comes back and starts with his customary pick 6s and boneheaded plays.

Not very intelligent are you.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the dallas cowboys have one hope to get to the playoffs this year and that is if tony comes back healthy