Too high or Too Low: Prescott

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So again who has the most comebacks. Championships are done by teams not individuals

you don't have to come back if you are ahead. you don't have to watch the playoffs on tv if you are perpetual MVP candidates.

listen very closely. you said you would take Dak over everyone but Brady in a win now moment. that means the "team" is only going to change by who the QB is. putting the best QB in the lineup is your best option. you are overlooking a number of QB's who are way more experienced and\or decorated in order to put your favorite player in. that's the whole point, it's not logical.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not teams put together by the Cowboys current GM? what did I win?

Well sir, that was indeed a fine answer. Thank you for playing.

Come on down & collect your prize package!! Yes, it does include Party Size M&M's, cold 20 oz cola and a bonus mystery prize!!

** Winner is responsible for all taxes. **

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Boy, you are hard headed.

I, along with everyone else knows that Russ, AR & Mahomes are all elite talents that have been doing it year in & year out.

Mahomes has not sucked in any single game he has played in the NFL. You can try to speak it into existence but it's simply not true. Guess you don't understand the team aspect of the game.
He always claims that Mahomes sucks and is overrated, but yet he said this exact quote to me earlier today in a reply: "Russell Wilson is better than Aaron Rodgers. I think he’s as good as Mahomes."

So, apparently he believes that Rodgers and Wilson also suck and are overrated lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Pocket passer is usually defined, at least as I've always understood it, was a quarterback who runs only rarely on purpose, or rolls out to one side just a couple of yards or so. Moving in the pocket, running if there's a wide open gap in the line or keeping the ball on a 4th and one doesn't make someone not a pocket quarterback. Brady has never rushed more than about 3 times a game in all his 20 years in the game.

And despite the Lamar Jacksons in the league, running quarterbacks don't have as much SB success as the Bradys, etc. Going back 20 years sure we've had Mahomes, Wilson and Rodgers as SB champs, but also 7 with Brady, 2 with P. Manning, 2 with E. Manning and 2 with Rothliesbuger, none of which would be considered not a "pocket passer". And going back much farther, nobody would consider Aikman or Flacco or Johnson, all SB champs, more than the prototypical pocket passers.

And even Wilson only got to his SBs when having the no. 1 defense, Jackson is a fantastic runner but hasn't even gotten to the SB. It's the same with most things with winning titles, you can do it different ways, don't have to have a great running quarterback or have to have the great pocket passer, but historically jterrell is correct, pocket passers give you a bit better chance at SB wins...
Pocket passing was actually defined by QBs who read the defense at line of scrimmage then relied on 3-5-7 drops and then executed the play called.
They would stand tall in pocket, complete their drop then let the ball rip.
This was before spread schemes and you ran your drop then occasionally hit a RB draw or you passed the ball or threw it away.

It has been edited over the years to indicate anyone who doesn't rush for yardage but when the discussion began no one really ran for yardage at the position.

A QB like Aaron Rodgers who lives to extend plays, yet keeps his eyes upfield for passing opps are not pocket passers.
Guys who readily throw on the run are not pocket passers.
Anyone who often improvises is not a pocket passer.

As I stated the entire game has moved away from pocket passing as a concept. Build a protective shield around your QB and let him rip it.

The guy who taught Patrick Mahomes the game was Tom Brady's one-time Pats back up. They believe in improvisation and changing the release point and flooding zones and rolling into them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here's 31-54 (no more QBs yet)

31 Justin Jefferson
32 AJ Brown
33 Tyrann Mathieu
34 Zack Martin
35 Chase Young
36 Dalvin Cook
37 Cam Heyward
38 Tre White
39 Chandler Jones
40 Shaq Barrett
41 Bobby Wagner
42 Nick Chubb
43 Marlon Humphrey
44 Allen Robinson
45 Levonte David
46 Fred Warner
47 Minkah Fitzpatrick
48 Jesse bates
49 Trent Williams
50 Ryan Ramczyk
51 Steph Gilmore
52 Corey Lindsey
53 Ronnie Stanley
54 Dak Prescott
--------------------------------------------------

So just guessing in no particular order, the remaining QBs are
Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson
Brady
Allen
Jackson
Watson

did I miss anyone?

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A QB like Aaron Rodgers who lives to extend plays, yet keeps his eyes upfield for passing opps are not pocket passers.
Guys who readily throw on the run are not pocket passers.
Anyone who often improvises is not a pocket passer.

I don't know where you are getting this from but I couldn't disagree more. I don't think anyone goes by your definition.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He always claims that Mahomes sucks and is overrated, but yet he said this exact quote to me earlier today in a reply: "Russell Wilson is better than Aaron Rodgers. I think he’s as good as Mahomes."

So, apparently he believes that Rodgers and Wilson also suck and are overrated lol

It's unbelievable. I saw that earlier but didn't realize it was his quote. :facepalm: But yet he wouldn't put Russ in a win now situation over Dak .... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

In a weird way I kinda respect his dogged determination but when he starts telling me that the sun isn't going to rise in the east (ie, the best QB's are trash), I gotta call him out. It's my duty to the game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I've become convinced that Rockport isn't a big Dak fan. He just likes to get people riled up. There is no other logical way to explain the way he acts besides him just playing a character.

I made this observation last week about a few posters including your buddy. Lol. Well stated.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Game on the line I’m taking Brady. After that I’m taking Prescot. I think the guy has ice in his veins veins. Yep I said that

Dont let them get ya down Whirlwin, its your opinion and its not crazy...most of the people trying to take you to task on it are on other threads yelling at people all the time about "dont tell me how to be a fan" while they are here laughing at your opinion. You like Dak you have said why and you stick to it......good for you!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's unbelievable. I saw that earlier but didn't realize it was his quote. :facepalm: But yet he wouldn't put Russ in a win now situation over Dak .... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

In a weird way I kinda respect his dogged determination but when he starts telling me that the sun isn't going to rise in the east (ie, the best QB's are trash), I gotta call him out. It's my duty to the game.
It's the Star Blind folks.

If Dak wasn't a Cowboy nobody here would have him as highly regarded as they do.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's the Star Blind folks.

If Dak wasn't a Cowboy nobody here would have him as highly regarded as they do.

Yeah, whenever I have a conversation with a fan from another team and I say I'm a Cowboy fan almost always the first thing out of their mouth is something along the lines of "I'm not sure about your QB. How do you feel about him?"

I have never had anyone on the other end of the spectrum.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Golliday is better than some realize, imo.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams offense struggles some early on w/ Stafford adjusting to that modified Shanahan system. It usually does take a while ---as it did Rodgers from 2019-2020 and Mayfield the first half of last year in variations of that system.

Plus, I recently looked at the Rams early schedule.
They better be careful or they could take 2-4 losses in their first 5 games (Four 2020 playoff teams plus the Cards)

In that division, that's a hole.
:laugh:
Yea that whole thing is a wild card.
Entire division has playoff level talent.
Could go lots of ways realistically for Stafford and the Rams.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, whenever I have a conversation with a fan from another team and I say I'm a Cowboy fan almost always the first thing out of their mouth is something along the lines of "I'm not sure about your QB. How do you feel about him?"

I have never had anyone on the other end of the spectrum.
If Dak played for the Philly, New York, or Washington nobody on here would have him in their top 6.

No way, no how.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I do agree its almost like they take the easy road...it was shocking how the Dak thing went to be honest. Its apparent they do not do Market shopping for trades to me.

Jerry makes the mistake of developing personal relationships with players. He elevates them beyond their pay grade for emotional reasons and truly doesn't want them to leave. The only reason he gets away with it as GM is because the owner won't fire him.

Other teams don't operate that way, nor should they. Players are simply assets and should be treated as such but ol' Jerry just can't help himself. Hard to believe this team has been spinning its wheels for 25 years. :rolleyes:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I have some Browns fan friends....they legit think Baker is going to sign a contract in the 30's.......I asked them if they thought 4k yards and 25+ td's was a reality for him this year...they said "hell yeah" I said your not going to like his contract......