Top 3 Most Meddlesome Owners (Per Jay Glazer)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is not meddlesome. Not like many want to say or believe.
He is just more interviewed and the media loves his stupid responses. Then fans run with them as to being meddlesome.

NO coach or player has ever came out to say Jerry meddles. Everyone says the had a great working relationship.
Too bad our fans can't accept that.
That is something most fans don't understand.

Jerry cares more about being in front of cameras and microphones where he's always eager to share his opinions on everything team related.

I think he stopped making solo decisions for the team long ago, but he keeps himself front-and-center in interviews so that if the Cowboys one day win a Super Bowl he can still take full credit for it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Jerry cares more about being in front of cameras and microphones where he's always eager to share his opinions on everything team related.

I think he stopped making solo decision for the team long ago, but he keeps himself front-and-center in interviews so that if the Cowboys one day win a Super Bowl he can still take full credit for it.
:hammer:

He's got a good balance these days. Still jumps in sometimes on moves that are probably forced like Kellen Moore or Jason Garrett as OC, or pulling the trigger on the Trey Lance offer.

He's the GM, he has the right to do all of that. In that position though, I would think you should always be careful about the impression or feel of 'undermining' since he is also the owner. Extremely easy for Jerry to out alpha dawg a lesser coach.

I think the last time Jerry could have been described as meddlesome though was during the last Jimmy years when he wanted to bring celebrities on sidelines, take credit in media for Jimmy trades, and all the other complaints we heard from the Jimster. Mainly because he wasn't really the GM yet, Jimmy ran a lot of the football ops. Some Jimmy's fault, some Jerry's fault. Two big egos that as Aikman said, should have realized they were in a once-in-a-lifetime dynasty, put aside their differences for the sake of the team, and kept it rolling.

The later moves, like pulling triggers for franchise WRs and giving away too many picks, bad signings, bad draft picks.... that's all on GM Jerry. He has the right to fail as much as he does succeed. Just feels like there is a balance now and Stephen, Will, Mac, DQ, and everyone involved gets a say and can stop nonsense.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This doesn't make sense. Jerry named himself GM and has been for decades. How can an owner possibly be any more meddlesome than that?
He runs the team, and does an excellent job putting the right people in the right roles on the administrative side. He’s had trouble getting the coach right, but welcome to the NFL. That’s not being meddlesome.

Fans repeatedly forget that owning and running a pro sports team is a business. No NFL owner runs a team as a business better than Jerry, and he’s quick to help other owners who ask for help.

I wish the NFL had a soft cap like the NBA. We’d stack trophies like beer cans.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Photo playful piglet covered in mud farm adventure ai

Now identify what pig is in this very picture...and next when is it a hog?

This will really elevate your chosen attachment and picture as on topic as your own intention....next, start off on ethics and morales if one dares. I don't insult....even in your time on watch. You are far the inferior as to age. Not reinvent a new picture. You show being a snob by preference when intention involves Jerry Jones.

Return to avoidance and a redirected personal view apart from confronted reason for disagreement. Jerry Jones.

Leave my service out of your reason...and justification. That was fact, and you?
That's a former player (Commander hog) forlorn and reflecting on the good old days.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Jerry is the GM. Aside from the occasional medical diagnosis, he does what GMs do. It’s not that he’s meddlesome. He just hasn’t been a particular good GM over the past twenty years.
In fairness his last ten years have been better than his first ten years after Jimmy but still no Championship.

Talk about learning on the job at our expense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In fairness his last ten years have been better than his first ten years after Jimmy but still no Championship.

Bold> An elongated extended opportunity that he afforded for himself. An extraordinary job performance leniency unavailable to literally 99% of hired qualified individuals with similar title and responsibilities. Throughout all professional team sports. Around the world. In recorded human history.

Sometimes, it is good being the king owner.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He runs the team, and does an excellent job putting the right people in the right roles on the administrative side. He’s had trouble getting the coach right, but welcome to the NFL. That’s not being meddlesome.

Fans repeatedly forget that owning and running a pro sports team is a business. No NFL owner runs a team as a business better than Jerry, and he’s quick to help other owners who ask for help.

I wish the NFL had a soft cap like the NBA. We’d stack trophies like beer cans.
He kept Jason Garrett as HC for a decade. That automatically puts Jerry near the top.

Jipper

Reaction score
Tepper is a new owner so that makes sense...I will say however I have met him a few times ( did my MBA at his namesake at Carnegie mellon) and he's one of the most down to earth highly successful people I've ever met...I'm sure he will figure it out and backoff, but for now makes sense to see him listed where he is

CCBoy

Reaction score

He has continued to do thorough after-event-analysis after each seasonal change point. They have continued to improve in analysis and with game changes as well. His support teams have steadily improved as have their directions taken.

I agree with your post in view.

blueblood70

Reaction score
On a recent episode of the Dan Lebatard Show, Jay Glazer revealed whom he believed to be the most meddlesome owners in the NFL.

3. Woody Johnson (Jets)

2. Jimmy Haslem (Browns)

1. David Tepper (Panthers)

Most of us believe that Jerry Jones is at least somewhat meddlesome. Perhaps it could be a lot worse. Glazer also stated that it was clearly Dan Snyder at #1 when he was in the league and scoffed at the idea of Jerry Jones being in the top 3.
That's because our own fans made-up these narratives that Jerry metals that Jerry forces players in the more playing time makes coaches run plays that he thinks is better for certain players and it's all nonsense it doesn't happen you know why we know it doesn't happen because it's never been outed by any ex coaches their players when they've left no one ever came in and said Jerry is meddlesome to the point where he's forcing coaches to use players and parts of the playbook say because of money like right now the new narrative is somehow Michael Gallup 's getting more playing time because Jerry's making them because of the money he gave to Gallup and doesn't wanna look bad... That's complete malarkey guys Jerry does not do this or it would actually come out they said this with zeke too are we gonna say that with Tony Pollard now I mean Tony Pollard is getting the same treatment he's not doing as expected at the money that they gave him and yet he's still on the field... Jerry does not meddle Jerry simply likes to be in the spotlight he likes to talk he likes the media and in my opinion he's also not been the full time GM for a very long time he is GM by title he's like the queen of England he's a figurehead that likes to be out in public talking about his team there's nothing wrong with that but we all know will mcclay Steven Jones and a group of people are doing those GM duties at least the last five years is so noticeable..

So I agree with Jay Glazer I don't even think Jerry is even up there and the fact that he's putting product on the field that's probably going to be three straight playoff games three straight double digit win seasons isn't that what a jam supposed to do to give you the talent?? What's happened on the field for the last 27 years is hardly Jerry's fault everyone says it's a culture well how's that really I mean that's just another narrative y'all believe that's what's happening but it's a whole different generations of players and coaches and it's really just a lot of bad luck that players didn't execute at the worst possible times with the penalties and execution and just the referees and whatnot there's been a lot of odd things happen and we're snake bitten but blaming Jerry just seems to be the easy thing to do...

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
On a recent episode of the Dan Lebatard Show, Jay Glazer revealed whom he believed to be the most meddlesome owners in the NFL.

3. Woody Johnson (Jets)

2. Jimmy Haslem (Browns)

Most of us believe that Jerry Jones is at least somewhat meddlesome. Perhaps it could be a lot worse. Glazer also stated that it was clearly Dan Snyder at #1 when he was in the league and scoffed at the idea of Jerry Jones being in the top 3.
Saw the topic and would have sworn this was a headline specifically made to call out Jerry Jones.

Congrats to Jay for not falling into the trap of spewing negative Cowboys organizational click garbage.

I wonder, did Lebatard (can’t listen to him) appear disappointed that JJ wasn’t a sacrificial lamb?

blueblood70

Reaction score

I think he stopped making solo decisions for the team long ago, but he keeps himself front-and-center in interviews so that if the Cowboys one day win a Super Bowl he can still take full credit for it.
And as the owner and title of GM he has every right to do so I mean he did build this team up from what he bought it for on the brink of bankruptcy to where it is now and if he feels like being part of it he has every right to do so.... Most of us already known that will mcclay Stephen Jones and a group of committee help make the decisions especially the last 10 years but more so in the last five years and Jerry only has GM as a title he's like the queen of England to me just a figurehead and there's nothing wrong with him wanting to be the face of his team because I don't believe it ever has affected the team or as people use the word around here the culture he wants to win as much as anyone he cares about his players to a fault of loyalty where he probably keeps them longer than he should same with his coaches the man cares and he gets criticized for it..
In my opinion he's just misunderstood.... People would just relax stop being so judgmental on a guy who actually is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys who actually was the reason the sole reason they won those three Super Bowls because of the decisions he made from the time he decided to buy the team and the coaching staff that he hired was him it started with him I don't care about Jimmy Johnson I mean it started with Jerry buying the team and being smart enough to get the funds and go to Jimmy Johnson first it was his first hire and the rest is history..

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a benefit of Jerry doing interviews:

“There was absolutely never any money mentioned, I met with him, had lunch with him and had a good visit with him, but there was never a financial issue at all,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “So, that wasn’t the case in any way, he apparently wanted to go where he thought he had the best chance. I certainly recognize and honor his decision there. It never was an issue for us regarding our confidence that we’ve got in our linebackers.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ike-mccarthy-brandon-aubrey-shaquille-leonard

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We assume Jerry because he is vocal. But every owner is involved in meetings about the direction of their team, approving deals, listening to coaches scouts and other personnel.

Mr_437

Reaction score

3. Woody Johnson (Jets)

2. Jimmy Haslem (Browns)

Wow, losing teams...who would've thought?