Tough to knock Dak's contract now

Sydla

Reaction score
So, teams shouldn’t be resigning their Franchise QB’s to Market Price?

Instead when they have found a QB good enough to lead them to a competitive level in the playoffs they should just abort because the price is temporarily above their pecking order in the league?

And this fact is even arguable because most often their Cap hits are usually much less at least for a couple seasons.

The alternative is releasing these QB’s and starting over every 3-5 years until you eventually find one of the Top 5 Elite caliber QB’s.

Unfortunately franchises are more interested in remaining competitive than rebuilding all of the time.

Yes, teams shouldn't sign QBs to massive deals if they can't/don't believe they can deliver high level success. It's bad business to pay a crap ton of money to a QB who is just a good QB not a great one just because at that moment, he's the best option you have.

Now note, I am not saying that Dak is a total waste of a contract. I don't know at this point. But arguing Dak's contract is really good because someone got paid more than him is bizarre logic. I mean is Elliott's contract now better if someone pays a TB more than him next offseason? Of course not.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think we have some fans would rather stay in a perpetual bottom dwellers status like Cleveland continually looking for the next great Elite QB instead of settling for an average to above average Franchise QB.

Yeah, that's what I want. To be a bottom feeder. I sit here week after week ripping Jerry for a crap run for 25 years but what my real motivation here is that I want Dallas to have another 25 year crap run. LOL.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I wont knock on his contract or on him, if he is letting the ball go trusting his WRs ( pre determined routes or depending upon his WR position hitting them in stride) and not waiting for 5 yard separation, for me any decent QB has to be able to do that. This is one thing he got to do , period.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep

Just another talking point for Trolls. And now that’s been squashed.

The bigger fact is we could have signed Dak even earlier for 35 million which at the time he was demanding because Wilson was highest paid. Look where we’d be now.

True, but that I believe he would have only signed for 3 or 4 years. By waiting, Jerry got the 5 year deal he wanted. You have to figure Dak will be getting 50 million at least on the next one.

Brax

Reaction score
I think we have some fans would rather stay in a perpetual bottom dwellers status like Cleveland continually looking for the next great Elite QB instead of settling for an average to above average Franchise QB.
You seem so pleased with the last 26 years of average so tell us all about how a average/above average QB has benefited the team and how with all the resources allocated to the O to prop up the average QB the last few years justifies your views. Don’t want a whining fest about the GM just how that QB helped.

shabazz

Reaction score
Maybe you dont understand what mediocre QB play looks like.

Murray, Carr, Prescott and Cousins are the poster kids for mediocrity.

combined playoff record of 2-8…….they should be heavily rewarded for shining on the biggest stage:rolleyes:

I understand completely…..like the man said, “ if your happy with your Dakter, you can keep your Dakter”

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Murray, Carr, Prescott and Cousins are the poster kids for mediocrity.

combined playoff record of 2-8…….they should be heavily rewarded for shining on the biggest stage:rolleyes:

I understand completely…..like the man said, “ if your happy with your Dakter, you can keep your Dakter”

Yet when NFL GM's, coaches, and players were all polled they had Dak as a top 10 QB. :thumbup:

Very happy with Dak. Lucky to have him.

The fact that a bunch of know nothing clowns pretending to be Cowboys fan dont agree with the rest of the world is great for a laugh. :lmao::lmao2:

shabazz

Reaction score
Yet when NFL GM's, coaches, and players were all polled they had Dak as a top 10 QB. :thumbup:

Very happy with Dak. Lucky to have him.

The fact that a bunch of know nothing clowns pretending to be Cowboys fan dont agree with the rest of the world is great for a laugh. :lmao::lmao2:

I see I hit that nerve……my work is finished here.

mission accomplished.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see I hit that nerve……my work is finished here.

mission accomplished.

At the cost of looking dumb? :thumbup:

But lets be honest shall we? We post threads like this to bring the moths to the flame. And you fell for it again!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak's contract was already restructured - but that money doesn't just go away, his cap number in 2023 is now 21% of the cap and his 2024 is 20%.

Sorry, but no, his contract is still ridiculous.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's not the price tag that is upsetting. It's the price tag versus the production. Is at least one playoff victory asking too much? I don't think so!!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
With Dak barely still in the top 10 salaries now with only Wilson and Cousins at 35 million below him because they’re contracts are nearing their maturity we can finally put to rest how much Dak is being over paid.

And if Jethro had resigned Dak when he initially wanted what Wilson was making at 35 million we’d be in much better shape.

I suspect by the time Jackson, Burrows and Herbert resign their deals Dak won’t even be in top 10-12.

We need to stop calling these QB being paid Elite deals. They are Market Prices.

And we really need to stop looking at yearly average which means very little. Cap hits are what’s important.

Daks cap hit last year was 17 mil and 19 mil this year. Yes, 49 next year and 52 in 2024 but most likely will restructure or resign by then which with signing bonuses always pushes these huge contracts to back end.
yaCUxL4.jpg
Speak for yourself, the Toad Hunter in Dallas isn't worth the rich contract he signed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With Dak barely still in the top 10 salaries now with only Wilson and Cousins at 35 million below him because they’re contracts are nearing their maturity we can finally put to rest how much Dak is being over paid.

And if Jethro had resigned Dak when he initially wanted what Wilson was making at 35 million we’d be in much better shape.

I suspect by the time Jackson, Burrows and Herbert resign their deals Dak won’t even be in top 10-12.

We need to stop calling these QB being paid Elite deals. They are Market Prices.

And we really need to stop looking at yearly average which means very little. Cap hits are what’s important.

Daks cap hit last year was 17 mil and 19 mil this year. Yes, 49 next year and 52 in 2024 but most likely will restructure or resign by then which with signing bonuses always pushes these huge contracts to back end.
yaCUxL4.jpg

I think you are assuming that fans have to have logical reasons to knock Dak's contract. He could be the 32nd highest-paid QB and some fans would still think he's being paid too much.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have knuckleheads on this board that would rather have Jacoby Brissett or the training camp loser between Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold leading this team at a lower price. Cleveland just signed Josh Rosen who hasn’t been on an NFL roster since 2019. I can assure you there’s some fans here that would prefer him at a lower price leading the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's not. Those that don't like him are going to continue to pick everything against him as are those that defend him.

What is ridiculous to me is blaming him or any player for their contract. It is equally ridiculous to attach his play to his contract, one has nothing to do with the other.

Proof

Reaction score

yaCUxL4.jpg

lol not tough to knock it at all. he’s still overpaid yes, and we’re in year 3 of a 4 year deal so will not have much opportunity to revel in the fact that a handful of guys are now making more.

should’ve absolutely signed him for less, longer, and sooner. played it as poorly as possible

calicowboy54

Reaction score

yaCUxL4.jpg

I know this is a Dak contract thread, but i would like to draft a capable backup in 3rd-4th round next year. here are some names i think will might available.

Jaren Hall BYU QB 6'1" 205 JR
Will Levis Kentucky QB 6'3" 232 RSR
D.J. Uiagalelei Clemson QB 6'4" 250 JR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
40+ million dollars per season for a starting NFL QB is slowly starting to become the norm. In a few years several QBs will be making 50+ million per. If you don’t like it then go find a scrub for 30+ million per season and see how far you get.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
40+ million dollars per season for a starting NFL QB is slowly starting to become the norm. In a few years several QBs will be making 50+ million per. If you don’t like it then go find a scrub for 30+ million per season and see how far you get.
Let me guess........one and done????:muttley: