Tough to knock Dak's contract now

DMX690

Reaction score
Sure it does. It’s the way of the NFL.

There’s only a handful of Elite QB’s so you have to find as good of one as you can and build as best you can .

The alternatives are much less attractive from a teams outlook.

No think outside the box. There is multiple way of building a championship team. Yes, having a elite qb help tremendously but Dallas don't have a elite qb. We need to recognize it and more on and reallocate that money you use on Dak and strengthen other area in the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys would be sitting home for the playoffs every season with the QBs you would rather have.
Yes that NFC East has been brutal.......:muttley:

Verdict

Reaction score
With Dak barely still in the top 10 salaries now with only Wilson and Cousins at 35 million below him because they’re contracts are nearing their maturity we can finally put to rest how much Dak is being over paid.

And if Jethro had resigned Dak when he initially wanted what Wilson was making at 35 million we’d be in much better shape.

I suspect by the time Jackson, Burrows and Herbert resign their deals Dak won’t even be in top 10-12.

We need to stop calling these QB being paid Elite deals. They are Market Prices.

And we really need to stop looking at yearly average which means very little. Cap hits are what’s important.

Daks cap hit last year was 17 mil and 19 mil this year. Yes, 49 next year and 52 in 2024 but most likely will restructure or resign by then which with signing bonuses always pushes these huge contracts to back end.
yaCUxL4.jpg
Would you rather have Dak for $40m or Mahomes for $45m?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
40+ million dollars per season for a starting NFL QB is slowly starting to become the norm. In a few years several QBs will be making 50+ million per. If you don’t like it then go find a scrub for 30+ million per season and see how far you get.

We had this argument before and you still don't get it. The "norm" is the problem with the league and very very very few teams have won when their franchise QB gets a massive contract. It's simply not a sustainable way to win the big game in this league.

Owners will either catch on or it will be one of the many reasons the league will fall.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No think outside the box. There is multiple way of building a championship team. Yes, having a elite qb help tremendously but Dallas don't have a elite qb. We need to recognize it and more on and reallocate that money you use on Dak and strengthen other area in the team.
This team doesnt care about defense.

They dont use FA. And that is fine. If you want to build thru the draft go for it.

This year they could have literally turned this defense into an elite unit if they drafted properly.

Jermaine Johnson, Travis Jones, Jalen Tolbert and Jamaree Salyer. Johnson and Jones immediately start and we now have replaced Gregory, finally got a pass rushing interior lineman and run defender, and Salyer is a great LG prospect as well.

Jerry and son dont care though. Defensive players dont sell jerseys unless they are CBs and LBs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
in the long scheme of more money for the players, where does this money come from?
tickets? crap at the stadiums, game rights? just wondering.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We had this argument before and you still don't get it. The "norm" is the problem with the league and very very very few teams have won when their franchise QB gets a massive contract. It's simply not a sustainable way to win the big game in this league.

Owners will either catch on or it will be one of the many reasons the league will fall.

The league will never fall and unless they put a cap QBs salaries they will continue to rise. Not going waste my time with the same argument.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The league will never fall and unless they put a cap QBs salaries they will continue to rise. Not going waste my time with the same argument.

Yeah, it wouldn't be an argument you want to have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't be an argument you want to have.

It’s an argument we’ve already had it’s a waste of time! Two of those QBs who received massive contracts put on one of the greatest games we’ve ever seen in the playoffs. Joe Burrow will be a $40 million QB pretty soon. Before long practically every QB that’s competing for a Super Bowl will be making 40+ million per. These massive QB deals will continue.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It’s a waste of time! Two of those QBs who received massive contracts put on one of the greatest games we’ve ever seen in the playoffs. Joe Burrow will be a $40 million QB pretty soon. Before long practically every QB that’s competing for a Super Bowl will be making 40+ million per. These massive QB deals will continue.

Who gives a crap about playoffs? Your posts suck, and this why. We're talking about winning Super Bowls, you don't get a freakin' prize for getting the playoffs other than a lower draft pick. Joe Burrow is on his rookie deal, we'll return to this when he's making a boatload of money if he is still having the same success - until then, bringing him up hurts your point. Stafford was on a short term deal AFTER the Rams dumped a bunch of money into FA players. Tom Brady has routinely taken cuts in his contracts, which was already well below his level of play.

You can't show me a single QB outside of Tom Brady that gets a gigantic contract and after that contract decimates the team, they win a Super Bowl. I don't care about playoffs, you can make the playoffs simply for being in the right division. Show me QBs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who gives a crap about playoffs? Your posts suck, and this why. We're talking about winning Super Bowls, you don't get a freakin' prize for getting the playoffs other than a lower draft pick. Joe Burrow is on his rookie deal, we'll return to this when he's making a boatload of money if he is still having the same success - until then, bringing him up hurts your point. Stafford was on a short term deal AFTER the Rams dumped a bunch of money into FA players. Tom Brady has routinely taken cuts in his contracts, which was already well below his level of play.

You can't show me a single QB outside of Tom Brady that gets a gigantic contract and after that contract decimates the team, they win a Super Bowl. I don't care about playoffs, you can make the playoffs simply for being in the right division. Show me QBs.

If you don’t make the playoffs you have no chance of winning a Super Bowl. My posts suck? This coming from a guy who says the NFL will fall because of massive QB deals. :laugh: The NFL is a QB driven league and you have no shot at winning a championship with an average player at the position these days. Many players in the league are making massive deals. We’’re now seeing WRs making $25 million per.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If you don’t make the playoffs you have no chance of winning a Super Bowl. My posts suck? This coming from a guy who says the NFL will fall because of massive QB deals. :laugh: The NFL is a QB driven league and you have no shot at winning a championship with an average player at the position these days. Many players in the league are making massive deals. We’’re now seeing WRs making $25 million per.

Again, I will repeat: Simply "We made the playoffs" isn't indicative of the quality of the team. You can make the playoffs because your division sucks - you're not going to do anything in the playoffs if your team isn't a quality team. Newsflash, pea brain, teams with just a good QB lose in the playoffs, while teams with great teams win the Super Bowl. That's the context of this argument. The name of the game is win, if you simply just "make the playoffs" you're not reaching the goal which is why no fan is satisfied with just "making the playoffs", Einstein.

You're moving the goal post - show me a QB outside of Brady that had a massive contract and won a Super Bowl in the middle of said massive contract. You can't do it, which is why you're deflecting. You suck, your arguments suck even more, your future arguments will continue to suck, but you will still keep going because you're addicted to being argumentative even after stating you wouldn't have this argument.

Stay seated.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Again, I will repeat: Simply "We made the playoffs" isn't indicative of the quality of the team. You can make the playoffs because your division sucks - you're not going to do anything in the playoffs if your team isn't a quality team. Newsflash, pea brain, teams with just a good QB lose in the playoffs, while teams with great teams win the Super Bowl. That's the context of this argument. The name of the game is win, if you simply just "make the playoffs" you're not reaching the goal which is why no fan is satisfied with just "making the playoffs", Einstein.

You're moving the goal post - show me a QB outside of Brady that had a massive contract and won a Super Bowl in the middle of said massive contract. You can't do it, which is why you're deflecting. You suck, your arguments suck even more, your future arguments will continue to suck, but you will still keep going because you're addicted to being argumentative even after stating you wouldn't have this argument.

Stay seated.

To have a quality team you have to have a quality QB and they require top dollar. You must have a lot of time to kill today. Not about to spend another weekend with you on this again. Lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
To have a quality team you have to have a quality QB and they require top dollar. You must have a lot of time to kill today. Not about to spend another weekend with you on this again. Lol

You don't need to pay a "quality QB" massive contracts to get it done - which is why Eli Manning and Flacco won Super Bowls before their massive contracts, or Nick Foles, or the corpse of Peyton Manning "lol". It takes a quality team with elite players at other positions to win a Super Bowl - you don't win a Super Bowl just because of the QB and his massive contract - which is why Rodgers hasn't won one since 2010, why Brees had 1 Super Bowl throughout his career, which is why Peyton Manning couldn't win more than two despite being a legendary QB and only won one when Elway destroyed the Broncos cap in a "win now" mode, why Wilson couldn't do crap after the legion of boom fell.

But we're sitting here thinking Dak freakin' Prescott and Kyler Murray with their massive contracts can do what players like Rodgers and Brees couldn't do? Spare me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Would you rather have Dak for $40m or Mahomes for $45m?
That’s not an option for us. But I can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t want Mahomes.

There’s only one Mahomes and a handful of Elite QB’s. The rest of the league has to make due.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In the end we will need a QB.

Daks cap hit was 17 mil last year and 19 mil this year. It was chump change his first 4 years and we still didn’t build a top 10 defense around him.