Toys From Your Childhood That Today's Kids Would Probably Not Want

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seeing all these toys and games I had brings back a lot of good memories, almost want to shed some tears:eek::

I will never forget the day my dad brought this one home...

250px-Intellivision-Console-Set.png

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going through this thread sure has brought back a lot of memories. Since there were 4 boys growing up in my household almost all the boy toys listed here were in my house at one time or another. I loved the Evel Kenevel stunt motorcycle. I got it for my birthday in the mid-70’s and I was the only one I knew that had one but I’m not surprised people here loved that thing like I did.

I will admit toys were much more dangerous back then than they are today. Even the Tonka toy trucks were more dangerous back then. Since they were made of metal those things could pack a wallop when thrown by one angry brother at another. :)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dexternjack;4484296 said:
Seeing all these toys and games I had brings back a lot of good memories, almost want to shed some tears:eek::

Hahah the old Intellivision. I remember long nights of Bump n Jump, Astrosmash and Lock N Chase. You don't know how many fights I got into w/ my brothers over this system. :laugh2:

Good times!! Thanks for posting.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My first video game console I got for my birthday in 1977 or maybe it was 1978. It was the Sears Video Arcade. It was an original Atari System, but sold by Sears and Roebuck and didn't carry the Atari name.

searsva.gif

atari_16.jpg

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
dexternjack;4484296 said:

Oh yeah!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Wimbo;4483652 said:

We had a monster layout about double of what is shown here.
I wonder where it went to .

My brother figured out how to put the sliders in for the inside track so you could run full out over the whole track and not flip the car off.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
Slip-n-Slide.jpg

Had the yellow one. They have come a LONG ways since the yellow plastic!

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
http://i997.***BLOCKED***/albums/af91/scotthandt/CastleGrayskull-exterior.jpg

My brother and I didn't have a lot of toys, but we thought this was the coolest thing when we got it one Christmas. We only had a couple of Ninja Turtle actions figures to play around with it but we made due.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
http://lh5.***BROKEN***/public/11mpQpbn9a4xVM3JMPLxSZuGb2NzH0ZvirJRw5mGVvPRN4My_BLoKXZxLj3CUnQcHkE8jbjNThsatE5aQ5rAkCuXUQh4pyMrcZeq98wnyMxn3maaMKAqEJj2E4kZOPfEnMP67mHjK2tq

I used to play with these for hours on end and make all kinds of things like windmills, farris wheels, all kinds of gadgets.

And, I used to have about 10 sets of Lincoln Logs and bunches of small farm stuff like horses, cows, wagons, indians...stuff from the old west and we would build huge cities out of the Lincoln Logs and play Cowboys and Indians all day long.

;)

rkell87

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4484106 said:
Is that second one from the left a knock-off Lion Voltron? It doesn't look anything like mine. (posted earlier)

no that is the original megazord from the first iteration of the mighty morphing power rangers

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is amazing the difference today than it was back in the 70's and 80's. We used to go out around 9 in the am, do our thing (ride bikes on dirt trails with jumps and everything, shoot BB guns, run around in fields, etc) and come home by supper (dinner to those not from the south). Rinse and repeat the next day. We would play street baseball, travel from friends to friends homes and play basketball at each one, football games in the local park, you name it. Seems nowdays, that is a thing of the past, great times they were!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dexternjack;4484761 said:
It is amazing the difference today than it was back in the 70's and 80's. We used to go out around 9 in the am, do our thing (ride bikes on dirt trails with jumps and everything, shoot BB guns, run around in fields, etc) and come home by supper (dinner to those not from the south). Rinse and repeat the next day. We would play street baseball, travel from friends to friends homes and play basketball at each one, football games in the local park, you name it. Seems nowdays, that is a thing of the past, great times they were!

Welcome to the interwebz...

;)

I was so poor that I ate the beans out our bean bag...go to my friends house to steal some of their toys. One time, we threw clods at cars going by then try and run away. Always played Little League Baseball...

That's all there was.

Now I come over here? WTH?

:eek:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
dexternjack;4484761 said:

Every day was a new adventure... I grew up in the late 60's early 70's and w did the same thing...

I wouldn't trade that for the video game genre in a New York minute...