Toys From Your Childhood That Today's Kids Would Probably Not Want

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
This was one of my all time favorite games.

rare-vintage-1972-mattel-talking-football_130534765842.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4484609 said:
I had that poster. Didn't it come out of a cereal box?
Everyone who was a Cowboys fan had that. I bought mine at K-Mart. I would love to hang that poster in my shop, but my wife wouldn't like it.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4484845 said:
Everyone who was a Cowboys fan had that. I bought mine at K-Mart. I would love to hang that poster in my shop, but my wife wouldn't like it.

Win. I had that poster too. My mom thought it was a bit "much", but she understood my love of the Cowboys and everything associated with it so she let me put it on my bedroom wall. I didn't know how cool she was until years later when I realized how much she kept quiet when I put up the Farrah Fauwcett poster.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
rkell87;4484659 said:
no that is the original megazord from the first iteration of the mighty morphing power rangers

rkell87;4483974 said:

Sam I Am;4483897 said:

Now look at your image of the robot second from the left and the Lion Voltron in the bottom picture. The bottom picture is circa 1984/1985. Tell me that megazord doesn't look like a knock-off of Voltron. :laugh2:

As some guy said on Youtube. Voltron kicked so much *** that Optimus Prime did the show's opening. :laugh2:

[youtube]1uS5b8aQ6z8[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cythim;4484632 said:
http://i997.***BLOCKED***/albums/af91/scotthandt/CastleGrayskull-exterior.jpg

My brother and I didn't have a lot of toys, but we thought this was the coolest thing when we got it one Christmas. We only had a couple of Ninja Turtle actions figures to play around with it but we made due.

Oh yeah. That's the good stuff. Especially the trap door!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
goliadmike;4484375 said:
hmm, how about this...
CHEERLEADERS77POSTER.jpg

Retro cheerleaders

one of the 50 or so posters i had plastered in my bedroom as a teenager.

i kid you not...my whole ceiling and 85% of the walls were covered in female posters.

the other 15% were rock bands..

my older brother used to bring his friends to my room to show my decorating expertise..

the one in front looks like adrienne barbeau........

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Kristi;4483197 said:
BIG WHEELS!!!

big-wheel.jpg

I had a pink and light blue one with white tires and I had to be pried off it at the end of the day. I think there was a time or two where I probably got picked up and dragged it in the house with me. I wore the tires out on mine and then took my brothers. Loved doing spin outs in the drive ways, etc.

I don't see them much anymore -- I can't tell you the last time I saw a kid on a Big Wheel. I see they still sell them online on Google shopping so they still exist. I guess $50-$70 for a plastic bike that wears out fairly quickly isn't something too may parents are willing to spend their money on.

prolly my favorite toy as a kid..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
my wife said she used to play with a lemon twist as kid.

any one remember that one?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
[youtube]rFlHdlfZQgI[/youtube]

I wish I still had this. It was the first system at the time (around 1981) that was not connected to your tv. I think it lasted 3 years.

hutch1254

Reaction score

My friends and I would play Stratomatic after playing

for hours. Then Atari came.

rkell87

Reaction score
goliadmike;4483493 said:
I bet Hos still has this one.

superjock2.jpg

i still have that at my grandparents house, don't have the spinner dial though

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
rkell87;4485104 said:
i still have that at my grandparents house, don't have the spinner dial though

That hard plastic football wasn't the only thing her kicked. I remember kicking tennis and golf balls...oh, and countless green army men with it.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Pennies, we used to stand around 10 metres from a kerb or wall and see who could through their coin closest to the wall. The winner won the money, the school used to send teachers round the playgrounds to make sure no-one was playing this as they didn't tolerate "gambling" Another game using pennies was table football, could be either Association or American. You started with the coin balancing over your side of the table and had 3 flicks to slide it so it was balancing over the far side of the table. You then flicked it up and caught it which meant your opponent had to make a goal with his fingers, you spun the coin and had to catch it between your thumbs then shoot it through the goals. (the goals were upturned if playing American Football)

The amount of games you could play with a football (soccer ball) as well. If there was only 2 of you then you could play "wally" which involved taking turns to kick the ball off a designated wall. Each player has a set number of lives which they lose each time they miss the wall, was all about trying to hit the wall then a tree or something to give them as tricky a shot as possible. "Kerby" was another 2 player game that only involved a ball, players stand on other side of the road and try to throw it so it bounces of the kerb and back, 1 point for hitting the kerb, 3 if you catch it before it hits the ground after coming off the kerb.
If more people turned up then some jumpers or would ever was lying about would be used to make goalposts someone became the goalkeeper and the others would try and score against them while trying to stop anyone else scoring. This could be done either everyman for himself or in teams of two. If of course there were enough people then you'd just play a proper game.
Never really see weans playing in the park these days.