Trade Chaz green for a 3rd or 4th rounder

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
IF any team had any interest at all in Green it wouldn't be till deep in training camp, if at all. No team is going to give up anything for him, they'll wait till he's cut.

9darter

Reaction score
LOL! This dude might not even get a tryout with some loser team when he's released by Dallas.

LittleD

Reaction score
We couldn't get 3 or 4 sandwiches for Chaz.

We would probably have to provide a case of Doritos and a bus ticket to any NFL just to take him off
our hands. Might get a Hershey chocolate bar from the CFL though... Let's do it!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?
There isn’t a team in this league that would give 12 inflated footballs for him much less a draft pick.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Chaz actually looked really good in practice ... Sometimes things happen in games. Garret destroyed Chaz during the Atl game . The game is as much physical as it is mental. He lost the mental battle during they Failcons game .... Garret did nothing to help or support him which could of been night and day difference in him. A perfect example of mental changes , Nelson Agholor ... he actually went and saw shrink over it . The team supported him and backed him up , now the difference in his play is huge

LittleD

Reaction score
Chaz actually looked really good in practice ... Sometimes things happen in games. Garret destroyed Chaz during the Atl game . The game is as much physical as it is mental. He lost the mental battle during they Failcons game .... Garret did nothing to help or support him which could of been night and day difference in him. A perfect example of mental changes , Nelson Agholor ... he actually went and saw shrink over it . The team supported him and backed him up , now the difference in his play is huge

Really, when was this? I suppose against air he looks like a thoroughbred Stallion but, against competition he just looks like the Jackass
he is. Really...kick this dummy out of Texas and fast.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When healthy he was a very serviceable player. But our staff or JG ruined this kids career. Because of that falcons game and them leaving him out to dry I doubt anyone would give us anything and if the Cowboys cut him he will likely be out of the league. I heard that he was actually fighting through a injury and playing that game. The comments by Aikman during that game were true but he lit him up pretty good also.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?

I don't understand why fans want to get rid of players before we know how things will work out in camp.

What if Paul Alexander gets him turned around and back to how he was playing as a backup in 2016?

What if an injury occurs along the offensive line to one of the tackles?

I'm OK if his stock goes up during camp and we end up trading him for more than we could possibly get as a comp pick, but depth is something that has value too. Even if Green is only available for a few games because of injuries, those few games can make a difference if he is able to play like he did in 2016 when we went 13-3 thanks to his help stepping in on the offensive line.

I don't know if we have the most overreactionary fan base in the league, but we have to be top five.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't understand why fans want to get rid of players before we know how things will work out in camp.

Because he's been on the team for 3 years, has had camps and games to show what he's got. Or doesn't. It's not like he's never been on the filed or gotten coaching.

And as far as Alexander goes, the prior line coach coached Frederick and Martin, he didn't ruin them or keep them from being Pro Bowlers, so he had to have coaching skills.

Some guys just aren't NFL caliber, you can't keep them around based on hope and "potential"...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

"This guy is awful. Trade him."

I love these threads, because apparently the other teams are run by morons. :muttley:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Define "fair compensation" for him at this point. I am more than confident it is nowhere near what is in your thread title.
Might get a 7th. Other than that, he’ll get cut and then somebody might pick him up for depth.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Might get a 7th. Other than that, he’ll get cut and then somebody might pick him up for depth.

That's the recent history with Dallas players, teams know they will be cut eventually, why give up a draft pick or a player if you can get him on the open market for cheaper?