Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

chuck520

Reaction score
Dak Stans :

"Dak can't suck , because everyone else sucked !"

Hard to follow a choker to the Battlefield once he starts running away from the fight ;)
Thats true until its not true any narrative is that way. I remember when people said Elway would never win the Super Bowl because he had never won it until he did.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well I named two of them!
The only thing that really makes me think its not even an option is MM, if they would have extended MM i would think they would be looking at options to go get a QB and let MM develope/use him..since its a 1 year thing for MM i could see them MAYBE not extending Dak..but that would be very hard with the cap hit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save 34
Dak has a no trade clause.
If he was going to agree to a trade he'd want it done far before June 1st.
If you do not trade him by March you pay him the 5m roster bonus.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is true however what player wants to be a on team outright saying “hey we’re dumping you”
He can sit and make Dallas pay him 59M in cap hti this year then hit free agency next year.
Dallas can not tag him in nay way.

Dak would be a complete and total idiot to agree to a trade of any sort if he were angry at the team.

ALL the leverage is with Dak and the trade talk is for people with very poor IQs and big dreams.

Dak would simply say just release me.

kskboys

Reaction score
He can sit and make Dallas pay him 59M in cap hti this year then hit free agency next year.

Dak would be a complete and total idiot to agree to a trade of any sort if he were angry at the team.

ALL the leverage is with Dak and the trade talk is for people with very poor IQs and big dreams.

You mean like Russell Wilson did? Yup.

kskboys

Reaction score

BTW, this sort of low class talk is not what I expected from you.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Yes, let's trade the league MVP runner-up!!!

He only lead the league in TD passes while playing less quarters than other competitors.

League leading QBs are a dime a dozen! Let's just go get one at Walmart!!!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no.... tell me all the great performances in the last playoff game, you can choose to focus on one guy but you would still be wrong..and its actually very easy to prove...we can do Micah first if you would like, hell we can do Micah on the "Can play well against good teams" also...where do you think the majority of his sacks (stats) came from..Daks "bottom dwelling" games?
Loving the mad scramble by Dak-bots after the annual mic-drop moment in the playoffs..
"It's like deja-vu all over again"- Yogi Berra

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what you've seen from him in 8 years who could you ask this question you silly Rabbit?
Heck even Rush can beat the subpar .500 teams and go one and done in the playoffs!
Name me Dak's signature wins the past 8 seasons.
The fingers on your left hand are enough if not 2-3 fingers.
Dak has his flaws, but if you really think the team would have gone 12-5 the last 3 years with Rush at QB you are delusional

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

There’s no question Dak is getting the money, how and when may be the debate. I don’t think it’s impossible to move him, it’s happened with others before.

I personally think he’s getting extended; I can’t imagine Stephen bringing back the band with Mike but then dumping Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Eventually Jackson’s cap hit will go up. I don’t see Dak being extended for $60M per. His playoff record will be used against him and no one will pay him $60M. Tearing the team down makes no sense with the Cowboys coming off a 12 win season. You tear teams down that are having losing seasons. You have to be relevant during the regular season to have any hope. You and others sound like you would enjoy competing for a top 10 pick in the draft every year. With the ideas some of you have that’s exactly what the Cowboys would be doing. That would lead to a lot more frustration from the fan base than you’re seeing now.
Not all. I believe Dak is good enough to win a SB, but can't carry a team with. No running game and can't stop the run. Not really sure what QB can.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not all. I believe Dak is good enough to win a SB, but can't carry a team with. No running game and can't stop the run. Not really sure what QB can.
If you believe he’s good enough to win a SB than you have hang onto him. With no running game and a defense that can’t stop the run OR the pass in critical games it’s a must that you have an upper echelon QB to have any sliver of hope. A lesser QB than Dak would have us in the predicament we were in during the early 2000s. As soon as Romo took over we became a contender and we finally had some hope. Nothing worse as a fan than your team having a bad QB situation leading to losing seasons one right after the other. It’s obvious some fans here have never experienced it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you believe he’s good enough to win a SB than you have hang onto him. With no running game and a defense that can’t stop the run OR the pass in critical games it’s a must that you have an upper echelon QB to have any sliver of hope. A lesser QB than Dak would have us in the predicament we were in during the early 2000s. As soon as Romo took over we became a contender and we finally had some hope.
The problem I see with a lot of Cowboys fans is they expect our QB to be a hero and overcome all of the deficiencies of the entire team and if he can't do it he is a bustle or labeled as he can't run the big game.

Brooksey

Reaction score

They can waive him and save 35M this year and 25M next year, Draft a QB and play Trey Lance

Brooksey

Reaction score
If you believe he’s good enough to win a SB than you have hang onto him. With no running game and a defense that can’t stop the run OR the pass in critical games it’s a must that you have an upper echelon QB to have any sliver of hope. A lesser QB than Dak would have us in the predicament we were in during the early 2000s. As soon as Romo took over we became a contender and we finally had some hope. Nothing worse as a fan than your team having a bad QB situation leading to losing seasons one right after the other. It’s obvious some fans here have never experienced it.
He's not good enough, he's a big game/playoff choker. He's a regular season MVP

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s worth noting from what I remember it’s been mental and personality with Wentz. No one seems to like him. Dak doesn’t have those issues.
Wentz has started over 100 NFL games and has won more of them than he’s lost. I don’t know about people liking him or not, but he works for the minimum the CBA allows. Dak doesn’t. That’s an issue.