Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

Brooksey

Reaction score
Yes, let's trade the league MVP runner-up!!!

He only lead the league in TD passes while playing less quarters than other competitors.

League leading QBs are a dime a dozen! Let's just go get one at Walmart!!!
Yes h'es the regular season MVP runner up! Finish it now....and he's a back to back playoff choker.

conner01

Reaction score
Or whichever one wants to give him the fattest contract.

Dak is about Dak.
I don’t know about that. He played out his option and never complained about the tag while most players do. You don’t get a no trade clause to make sure you go to highest payer since you will be a FA after one year either way. It’s to go where you want to be and win.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Good luck finding someone better. :thumbup: The team is full of chokers.
You build the team around the QB, tough to do when he's asking 60M and chokes in the playoffs.

You can start over, draft a QB plus u have Trey Lance, Micah Parsons, CD Lamb, Tyler Smith, Treyvon Diggs, Daron Bland, Ferguson etc

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You build the team around the QB, tough to do when he's asking 60M and chokes in the playoffs.

You can start over, draft a QB plus u have Trey Lance, Micah Parsons, CD Lamb, Tyler Smith, Treyvon Diggs, Daron Bland, Ferguson etc
We’ve already covered it. :rolleyes:

Brooksey

Reaction score
We’ve already covered it. :rolleyes:
Well let's walk through it again.. we need the reps.

Dak is a choking dog who doesn't deserve 40M from the Dallas Cowboys.

The regular season super hero would be a perfect NY Jet

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well let's walk through it again.. we need the reps.

Dak is a choking dog who doesn't deserve 40M from the Dallas Cowboys.

The regular season super hero would be a perfect NY Jet
The Jets would love to have him, it’s been 13 years since they made the playoffs.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Very easy, eat the cap, and tell him he'd be rot on bench if he is not willing to be traded.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz has started over 100 NFL games and has won more of them than he’s lost. I don’t know about people liking him or not, but he works for the minimum the CBA allows. Dak doesn’t. That’s an issue.
That is irrelevant to the discussion. We are talking about when Wentz got traded for previously and he wasn't making the "minimum".

HungryLion

Reaction score
you would get a haul for Dak and i believe he may be open to leaving as he looked much diferent after this last loss...but you need to move all of the core because they are all in the "28 year" quicksand and you can see it on their faces...
For sure, Look at some of the QB trades in recent history. Sam Bradford, Carson Wentz, Jimmy G, Deshaun Watson, etc.

Yeah the cowboys could absolutely get picks for Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Post June 1st designation does not apply to a trade. Dallas would have a $61 million dead cap hit in 2024.
The positive is, you get the dead cap out of the way immediately instead of spreading it into the future. Plus you get more draft picks to compensate for having to be very tight with the cap this season.

It would be a net benefit long term for the cowboys. Though I don’t see Jerry or Stephen doing it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes, let's trade the league MVP runner-up!!!

He only lead the league in TD passes while playing less quarters than other competitors.

League leading QBs are a dime a dozen! Let's just go get one at Walmart!!!
I used to feel the same way.

But I would rather a QB who has ice in his veins for the playoffs but maybe doesn’t put up as much raw stats.

As I would a QB who can light things up at times in the regular season, but comes up small in the playoffs.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is good enough to win a SB, if he has a balanced supporting cast. If you want him to be Mahomes, that is not going to happen.
Balanced like?:
#1 scoring offense
#5 overall offense
#5 scoring defense
#5 overall defense

This is not good enough for Dak to win in the postseason with folks.

Not.
Good.
Enough.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That's Dallas. They expect Dak to be Superman. And Parson to be Batman :facepalm: Superman has the Justice League...Batman has Robin. Not even made up Super hero's can go it alone...