Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

Chasing6

Reaction score
Must be nice to be the very first GM to trade a 4th round pick for an emergency QB. Considering most teams have undrafted player in that spot.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How about starting with the Owner/GM who crumbled on a phone call with Niners over an emergency QB.
we can dream for sure...but yeah we treat the symptoms here at the Cowboys because the Dr is the illness..."Well Stephen that didnt work, lets get another SB HC here and more top rated players and ruin them!!!"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is an average. Not his cap hit for this year. Figure it out already.
Feel free to figure out his cap hit. Dak’s cap hit will be far less with an extension. If the Cowboys did what some of you want them to do his cap hit would be massive.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
are we changing the guy finding the next Pat Mahomes? I dont see any other QB remotly carrying an offense in the league BTW..
If Dallas goes down this route they would exchanging the guy for a different set of skillsets and "dry powder" to go and attack other problematic positions in the draft and FA.

We would need to see picks and money in this type of deal.

HanD

Reaction score
espn had a segment saying atlanta would trade and give dak a new contract today and dak should force dallas' hand. wouldn't that be a blessing! send me pick 8 and call it a win!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Feel free to figure out his cap hit. Dak’s cap hit will be far less with an extension. If the Cowboys did what some of you want them to do his cap hit would be massive.
Lamar is $22M this year. I am just saying it becomes extremely difficult to have a SB team with a $60M QB. If you are going to have a $60M then he better be able to overcome the short comings of the entire team.

I am not for cutting Dak or extending him. I am fine with either one, but you have to go all in either way.

Cutting him and paying CD makes no sense. Either tear it all down and rebuild or go all in over the next 2 years.

Jeruh and his son Jr, just wanting to be relevant every year and act surprised when they get bounced early is getting exhausting.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lamar is $22M this year. I am just saying it becomes extremely difficult to have a SB team with a $60M QB. If you are going to have a $60M then he better be able to overcome the short comings of the entire team.

I am not for cutting Dak or extending him. I am fine with either one, but you have to go all in either way.

Cutting him and paying CD makes no sense. Either tear it all down and rebuild or go all in over the next 2 years.

Jeruh and his son Jr, just wanting to be relevant every year and act surprised when they get bounced early is getting exhausting.
im in this corner..run it back with manipulating the cap and TRULY filling holes..fine if not REBUILD...of course it wont change much because its still the same guy running the show.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they need to find alot of players who dont fall apart under pressure...the problem is I'm not sure the players have that issue until they have been here a couple years...28 years of players and coaches been falling apart under pressure like clockwork..HOF players SB winning coaches you name it.
No,,, Dak leads the pack on that one,,,

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No,,, Dak leads the pack on that one,,,
no.... tell me all the great performances in the last playoff game, you can choose to focus on one guy but you would still be wrong..and its actually very easy to prove...we can do Micah first if you would like, hell we can do Micah on the "Can play well against good teams" also...where do you think the majority of his sacks (stats) came from..Daks "bottom dwelling" games?

Chasing6

Reaction score
im in this corner..run it back with manipulating the cap and TRULY filling holes..fine if not REBUILD...of course it wont change much because its still the same guy running the show.
Dak is good enough to win a SB, if he has a balanced supporting cast. If you want him to be Mahomes, that is not going to happen.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is good enough to win a SB, if he has a balanced supporting cast. If you want him to be Mahomes, that is not going to happen.
if you want any current QB to be Mahomes..thats not going to happen..but hey Justin Herbert now that guy is a winner!

CCBoy

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save over 34M on the 2024 cap.

There are GMs & Head Coaches that would give up significant draft capital for Dak.
- They're #1 goal is to keep their job longer and 12 win seasons will do that for teams that have not had winning seasons recently.
- Many GMs/HCs might be fired before they can draft and develop a 12 win QB.

Trey Lance has excellent physical talent. Almost all top QBs picked top 10 get more opportunities than he did in SF.
- GB's QB looked like a Deer in the Headlights when he started a game as a rookie.

I've studied all of the games that Trey Lance has played in the NFL including 4 starts and preseason games.
- His primary problem is over-confidence in his ability to fit the ball into tight windows.
- Reminds me of when Farve was in Atlanta.

In this era of power running QBs like Hurts and Josh Allen, Lance has a similar running style.
- Obviously not quite Josh Allen but I think he can do anything that Hurts can do as a runner.
- I've seen him flatten NFL Safeties and power thru a couple of well know LBs.

Lance always looked confiident.
Develop the quarterback and let him grow by rubbing shoulders. Agree and fully support the principal. Lance and trading up for a first round quarterback would flip things around completely.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save over 34M on the 2024 cap.

There are GMs & Head Coaches that would give up significant draft capital for Dak.
- They're #1 goal is to keep their job longer and 12 win seasons will do that for teams that have not had winning seasons recently.
- Many GMs/HCs might be fired before they can draft and develop a 12 win QB.

Trey Lance has excellent physical talent. Almost all top QBs picked top 10 get more opportunities than he did in SF.
- GB's QB looked like a Deer in the Headlights when he started a game as a rookie.

I've studied all of the games that Trey Lance has played in the NFL including 4 starts and preseason games.
- His primary problem is over-confidence in his ability to fit the ball into tight windows.
- Reminds me of when Farve was in Atlanta.

In this era of power running QBs like Hurts and Josh Allen, Lance has a similar running style.
- Obviously not quite Josh Allen but I think he can do anything that Hurts can do as a runner.
- I've seen him flatten NFL Safeties and power thru a couple of well know LBs.

Lance always looked confiident.
Everything you say makes some sense until you bring Jerry and Stephen into the conversation. I'm not believing they would move off of Dak, until I actually see it happen.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Rookie deal QB, more talent on field because of rookie QB deal is not going to solve the bad playoff coaching problem dallas has.

We have the players. Its bad coaching in playoffs. Bad planning or not enough ideas. Its not on the players if Dallas cant get a WR open. Its not on the players because Quinn's scheme cant stop the run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Develop the quarterback and let him grow by rubbing shoulders. Agree and fully support the principal. Lance and trading up for a first round quarterback would flip things around completely.
I agree we would immediately go from being 12-5 to 5-12.