Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Lance and draft a QB in the draft
Best thing cowboys can do, if their invited to coach the senior bowl, do so, your coaches can see the players up front, along with the scouts, remember we coached the senior bowl when Dak played in senior bowl that year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree we would immediately go from being 12-5 to 5-12.
I'd rather suffer through a learning curve and try to win a super then continually be let down by Dak. We all know where the road of staying with Dak leads. Only it will be a harder road because of his damn extension.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'd rather suffer through a learning curve and try to win a super then continually be let down by Dak. We all know where the road of staying with Dak leads. Only it will be a harder road because of his damn extension.
You're assuming we learn. What have we learned over the last 28 years. Maybe Jeruh has learned all he can and 12-5 with an early exit is it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We also seem to be taking for granted 3 years in a row at 12-5. That is not an easy accomplishment in the NFL.

chuck520

Reaction score
Im in the corner of start shopping him leading up to the draft
You just want him out but there arent many options to replace him with if you want to upgrade
Were closer to a championship than a rebuild next year and with Philly having issues we have the best chance to win the NFC East so you might as well try again next year with what you have

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We also seem to be taking for granted 3 years in a row at 12-5. That is not an easy accomplishment in the NFL.
I just like how everyone is saying "We know what we have with Dak" like he is the only player who has been here for these playoff let downs...28 years and somehow Dak is our problem...its like watching horses with blinders run into creekbeds

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lamar is $22M this year. I am just saying it becomes extremely difficult to have a SB team with a $60M QB. If you are going to have a $60M then he better be able to overcome the short comings of the entire team.

I am not for cutting Dak or extending him. I am fine with either one, but you have to go all in either way.

Cutting him and paying CD makes no sense. Either tear it all down and rebuild or go all in over the next 2 years.

Jeruh and his son Jr, just wanting to be relevant every year and act surprised when they get bounced early is getting exhausting.
Eventually Jackson’s cap hit will go up. I don’t see Dak being extended for $60M per. His playoff record will be used against him and no one will pay him $60M. Tearing the team down makes no sense with the Cowboys coming off a 12 win season. You tear teams down that are having losing seasons. You have to be relevant during the regular season to have any hope. You and others sound like you would enjoy competing for a top 10 pick in the draft every year. With the ideas some of you have that’s exactly what the Cowboys would be doing. That would lead to a lot more frustration from the fan base than you’re seeing now.

Last edited:

chuck520

Reaction score
Fans that want to rebuild think rebuilding every year is the answer to not winning the Super Bowl every year. Thats the Steinbrenner management style. Change players, managers constantly.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Fans that want to rebuild think rebuilding every year is the answer to not winning the Super Bowl every year. Thats the Steinbrenner management style. Change players, managers constantly.
its the 28 year effect, the disease is spreading to the fans...cant blame them, its ridiculous they came out flat AGAIN...its a bad horror movie that keeps replaying.

chuck520

Reaction score
You're assuming we learn. What have we learned over the last 28 years. Maybe Jeruh has learned all he can and 12-5 with an early exit is it.
Not winning a Super Bowl title in 28 years is not that unusual.
13 of the 32 teams have won a Super Bowl since, a majority of the teams have not won a Super Bowl in that time
20 of the 32 teams have won the Super Bowl, 12 have never won it in 58 years

Of the 20 teams that have won the Super Bowl, 7 its been 28 years or more
Jets haven't won the SB in 55 years
Miami haven't won the SB in 50 years
Raiders haven't won the SB in 40 years
Bears haven't won the SB in 38 years
Commanders haven't won the SB in 44 years

The Eagles took 52 seasons to win a Super Bowl and 57 years since they won an NFL title (pre Super Bowl)

of the 13 that have won in the past 28 years, a few of them have been under .500 in that time (Tampa, Rams, Giants) all won 2 Super Bowls in the past 28 years but most of those years they have not been good

Broncos won the Super Bowl 8 years ago and have not made the playoffs since and have no QB

Because of free agency and salary cap you arent able to have an advantage every year so everyone is even every year

32 teams, for you're team to win the Super Bowl you have just over a 3% chance every year, so you're team is unlikely to win the Super Bowl every year
The odds do not increase as time goes because its always 3%. I'm not saying we shouldnt be disappointed or upset about the playoff chokes but they are more the rule than the exception for every team.

If you have a good team, you do everything you can to stay good so you can win the Super Bowl but if you don't then you continue to try and don't give up

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
so does every other Cowboy player thats my point...other GM's dont believe we have 53 players who are great but suck in January..they know what the issue is in Dallas...

Dak Stans :

"Dak can't suck , because everyone else sucked !"

Hard to follow a choker to the Battlefield once he starts running away from the fight ;)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak Stans :

"Dak can't suck , because everyone else sucked !"

Hard to follow a choker to the Battlefield once he starts running away from the fight ;)
? i said Dak sucked in the playoff game are you saying that the rest of the team played good? Are you seriously going to pin the other players performance on Dak?...lol

Football Idiots:

"It has to be the QB because I can only follow one player on the field at a time, i take my breaks when my team is on defense"

Hard to pin 28 years on a guy thats only been here for 8. wink wink!