Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Jerruh ain’t gonna start from scratch at this stage in his life, which is essentially what you’re doing if you trade Dak. 60 year old Jerruh, I could see him taking that chance, but 80 year old Jerruh, no way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've given a list of potential QBs to consider.......still don't see any on the list as a viable solution. I surmise this base will be really upset at the organization if they pull a trade, and then we'll see CeeDee pouting even earlier, and our punter on IR from leg cramps.
loooooooooool

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Send Dak to Atlanta. Belichick is going to be there and they have a running game and the division is weak. He would like it there.
Dallas can’t “send” him anywhere. He is either going to be the Cowboys quarterback in 2024 or he’s going to become a free agent between now and June 2. The other 31 teams know it. Teams interested in him if/when he is a free agent will bid for his services. I doubt he cares which team he plays for as long as he’s being paid commensurate with his peers.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There’s no question Dak is getting the money, how and when may be the debate. I don’t think it’s impossible to move him, it’s happened with others before.

I personally think he’s getting extended; I can’t imagine Stephen bringing back the band with Mike but then dumping Dak.
Dallas has two options that don't include Dak's participation.
They can release him or pay him 59M in cap hit.

Thats it.

Everything else involves his signing off on it.
Want to just flip restructure the 34M he makes this year to bonus versus void years? (Save about 18M in cap hit) He has to sign off.
Want to trade him? He has to sign off. Be it trade him now or after you hand him a 5M check March 1st he has to sign off either way.
Want to extend him? He has to sign off.

None of these threads, discussions or articles seem to start there where it is most critical to begin.

Can he be moved? Certainly.
At least 20 teams would be interested in some fashion.
But why would Dak be interested?
Dallas is as talented as anyone who'd be after him.
The team won't trade him to SF or PHI.
And he will be an unrestricted free agent in 2025. For a starting franchise QB that is unheard of. But it harkens to Tom Brady going to Tampa Bay. Tom of course was over 40 not 32.

If I am Dak I sign off on the restructure base to bonus. Same cash flow in and same free agency status.
But his agent won't love it.
Giving away leverage that could make him a 60M AAV QB.
But Dak has to know his salary already impacts his perception and reputation.
I sure hope he is willing to be team-friendly if not stupid.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak is a Cowboy or a free agent.
Trading him? He is a free agent because he can pick his team and his salary.
He will never OK a blanket trade.
It would be to a specific situation with a known contract (almost certainly a long-term extension).

The ATL stuff is dumb as dirt to me.
Dak isn't going to ATL to rebuild, and Bill isn't rebuilding around a 50+M QB.

I'd think Miami is actually the best bet. Dak would love those weapons. Dallas would trade him to the AFC if they traded him. MIA is squeezed on Tua where it is pay him big-time or move him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas has two options that don't include Dak's participation.
They can release him or pay him 59M in cap hit.

Thats it.

Everything else involves his signing off on it.
Want to just flip restructure the 34M he makes this year to bonus versus void years? (Save about 18M in cap hit) He has to sign off.
Want to trade him? He has to sign off. Be it trade him now or after you hand him a 5M check March 1st he has to sign off either way.
Want to extend him? He has to sign off.

None of these threads, discussions or articles seem to start there where it is most critical to begin.

Can he be moved? Certainly.
At least 20 teams would be interested in some fashion.
But why would Dak be interested?
Dallas is as talented as anyone who'd be after him.
The team won't trade him to SF or PHI.
And he will be an unrestricted free agent in 2025. For a starting franchise QB that is unheard of. But it harkens to Tom Brady going to Tampa Bay. Tom of course was over 40 not 32.

If I am Dak I sign off on the restructure base to bonus. Same cash flow in and same free agency status.
But his agent won't love it.
Giving away leverage that could make him a 60M AAV QB.
But Dak has to know his salary already impacts his perception and reputation.
I sure hope he is willing to be team-friendly if not stupid.
SF and Philly wouldn't want Trash Prescott!

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas can’t “send” him anywhere. He is either going to be the Cowboys quarterback in 2024 or he’s going to become a free agent between now and June 2. The other 31 teams know it. Teams interested in him if/when he is a free agent will bid for his services. I doubt he cares which team he plays for as long as he’s being paid commensurate with his peers.
If he agrees to it, yes they can.

kskboys

Reaction score
Low I.Q Dallas fans can NOT comprehend this simple concept.
I've seen that. A no trade clause simply means if Dak is on the block to be traded, he can decide where to go. That's why there's a no trade clause to begin w/.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Better pray he isn't a Cowboy next season or you got another season of hope crushed by misery.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I've seen that. A no trade clause simply means if Dak is on the block to be traded, he can decide where to go. That's why there's a no trade clause to begin w/.
He can veto any trade. He does not have to go anywhere. He has all the leverage. Dallas fans need to accept that.

basel90

Reaction score
Who are you going to replace him with!! That's the question they love to ask lol
baker mayfield is available , probably for 12 million .
Trey lance can be given a shot
others also in the draft

a new QB would give this team a huge uplift form the current morbid QB

cmoney23

Reaction score
I used to feel the same way.

But I would rather a QB who has ice in his veins for the playoffs but maybe doesn’t put up as much raw stats.

As I would a QB who can light things up at times in the regular season, but comes up small in the playoffs.
This sounds nice on paper, sure. But outside of two or three guys in the history of the league, Montana, Brady and Mahomes, everyone loses in the playoffs. I think there is something to be said to be consistently in the mix.

I look at Lebron for example.
Was he not great in Cleveland? He was in the regular season... that's for sure. But he couldn't get the team over the hump.

He goes to Miami, they get over the hump and now he's in that GOAT conversation and no one even remembers the Cleveland struggles. I hope Dak doesn't have to leave to get over the top. Maybe we can bring that to him here?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
others also in the draft

Lol lol lol

cmoney23

Reaction score
others also in the draft

SMH... Baker played OK in Tampa because their roster is loaded!

Lance is a bust at this point, a project at best.

Ya'll reaching!!