Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

basel90

Reaction score
SMH... Baker played OK in Tampa because their roster is loaded!

Lance is a bust at this point, a project at best.

Ya'll reaching!!
No way. Lance could be equal talent wise to dak , and lance has wheels, Dak is not that fast.
Are you kidding about Baker ? he carried a team that has limitations in the running game and many missing peaces and receivers who drop dimes. Baker > Dak anyday

Chasing6

Reaction score
You don't get more balanced than that. Mahomes takes this team to super bowls the last 3 years. Dak **** the bed 3 years in a row. I don't care how well he played against the softest pass defense schedule in the league. He chokes in the playoffs, every year. He's got a glitch in his head. It's too much pressure for him.
Run game on both sides of the ball is horrendous. I know, I know, that is Dak's fault.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Run game on both sides of the ball is horrendous. I know, I know, that is Dak's fault.
I stand by what I said. Mahomes has this team in 3 straight SBs. Regardless of what the run game is like on either side, the fact remains that the QB choked in 3 out of 4 of his last playoff games. Great regular season QB, panics when the post season rolls around. It's too much pressure for him and it is obvious.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I stand by what I said. Mahomes has this team in 3 straight SBs. Regardless of what the run game is like on either side, the fact remains that the QB choked in 3 out of 4 of his last playoff games. Great regular season QB, panics when the post season rolls around. It's too much pressure for him and it is obvious.
So you must believe there are 32 Mahomes out there. Asking Dak or anyone to be Mahomes is a great idea. I wonder why ever team has not done that yet.

Adreme

Reaction score
No way. Lance could be equal talent wise to dak , and lance has wheels, Dak is not that fast.
Are you kidding about Baker ? he carried a team that has limitations in the running game and many missing peaces and receivers who drop dimes. Baker > Dak anyday
Could be is icy a worthless term. Random practice squad QBs “could be” the next Mahomes, but probably not.

Meanwhile Baker is a nice story but that team was solid on offense: good offensive line and very good weapons. There is a reason that every all pro list had Dak as 2nd team all pro and Baker nowhere to be found. There is a reason when the survey of GMs, coaches, and executives comes out next year they will rank Dak top 10, I would wager 6-8, and Baker will be in that 13-19 range. They are not even close.

Creeper

Reaction score
And what do they do during free agency when Dak is $59 million essentially in dead money until June 1 rolls around?

The have to be under the CAP, sign free agents, and sign rookies before they get the June 1 save for Dak. Even if he agrees to a trade, waiting until after June 1 doesn't really help. We would get a big save but to sign who? All that will be left is a bunch of Jags and scraps.

There really are only two realistic options for Dallas. 1 is to extend DaAk and get a CAP save this year so they can build their roster to contend again. Or do anything else take a year of two of losing seasons to get out from under Dak's contract, then begin to rebuild.

I don't think Jerry at his age is going to do the latter. I think he will try again to make it work with Dak.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save 34
I have only read this 1st post.

I can't wait to read thru thread and see all the stoopit Madden-esque trade hauls people will say we'll get for Dak."

"hey, let's trade our soon-to-be 31 year old QB who pads his stats against horrible teams and then consistently chokes in the playoffs by handing out Pick6's like Halloween candy, and who ALSO has A GIGANTIC contract. Let's trade him to Chicago for the #1 overall pick so we can get Caleb Williams"

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Gawdawmighty, I've been trying to tell people that. Dak is worth a 1st plus. Might even get 2, or even 3 firsts. No matter if you think he's top 5 or in the 10-15 range, his ilk of QB is hard to find. INDY, MINNY VEGAS, NE, PITT, CLEV, NO, NYJ, DEN, there are a ton of QB needy teams out there. Even NYG or SEA. IMO it's foolish to think he wouldn't bring significant compensation. Notice I left out WASH and CHI. I have zero doubt that they'll be taking a QB 1 and 2.
LMAO...here's what I was looking for!!!

Heeerreee we goooo!!! Take our old choke artist QB with an average arm for NOT ONE...NOT TWO.....but three...that's THREE, first round draft picks.

MVP
MVP
MVP!!!!!

LMAO

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas can’t “send” him anywhere. He is either going to be the Cowboys quarterback in 2024 or he’s going to become a free agent between now and June 2. The other 31 teams know it. Teams interested in him if/when he is a free agent will bid for his services. I doubt he cares which team he plays for as long as he’s being paid commensurate with his peers.
Dallas can trade Dak.

If Dak is cut, he loses the 29 million base salary for 2024.

Take the trade or lose the $$$.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There are no sides here just Cowboys fans anguished and wanting the Star to shine again.
The Silly Rabbit just a touch of humor pls see it such.
That is weak Pappy, I know you can do better.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dallas can trade Dak.

If Dak is cut, he loses the 29 million base salary for 2024.

Take the trade or lose the $$$.
He is more valuable to any team interested in him if they do not have to compensate the Cowboys to acquire him. How would he lose money? Some other team will pay him more than $29 million for next season. The Cowboys will pay him more than $29 million next season. And the notion he’s worth multiple 1st round picks is ridiculous. If he were that good Jerry Jones would already extended him for $55-$57 million per season. Dak is going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL in 2024. He’s going to be paid a very significant amount of money. And if he isn’t the Cowboys quarterback he’ll be some other team’s quarterback. His representation is not just goofing around. They’ve put their client in excellent circumstances financially and will be taking full advantage of that in negotiations with the Cowboys or some other team. The idea that Dak’s agent is going to sit across from a multi-billionaire and agree to a contract that gives the billionaire franchise owner a “discount” on their client’s services is foolishness. Apologies to CeeDee’s nurturing mother and Micah’s genius brother.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah if defenses were scared of dak throwing the ball and they tried to stop him, then the run offense would strive, but they don't fear dak so they play to stop the run and make awesome dak beat them. Hum, wonder why the run offense sucks. I know it's Jerry and Stephen...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
A post June 1st trade would save 34
Still you guys dont get it.

The problem with Daks contract is not 2024. Its 2025.

2025 is his first void year. This means we are without an QB but have 36 mils of dead cap invested into Prescott.

Now you want to trade/cut him post June 1st. Which means half of the dead cap hit will be added to 2025.

that leaves you without a qb in 24 and 25. and your dead cap in 25 is around 50 mils.

I mean i get it. Prescott is crap and get rid of him sooner than later.
But you dont need to self destruct because of that.

Our FO lost when he signed his second contract. The way that one was structed it was clear we have to hand out a third contract to him.
Now make this one as short as possible and then kick him out of town.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak's trade value is a low? A guy who will likely finish as the runner up for MVP? Yall funny. Honestly, I want him to request a trade. This fanbase doesn't deserve him. All the ugly that happened in that game, it's all being brought down on him.
It's "low" compared to what people in here think we'd get.. because people in here never look at trades objectively through the eyes of the other team. They just post nonsense trade proposals similar to what my 10 year old nephew would suggest.

Dak has 0 value to a rebuilding team.

He just can't get a 1st round pick. Nobody is giving a Top 20 pick for Dak...he's not worth that. He COULD, MAYBE be worth a single LATE LATE 1st, like 27 to 32, but the problem is those teams drafting there already have QBs. MAYBE if a QB got hurt, they could pull off a 1 the way the Eagles jobbed MIN with Sam Bradford when Geno Smith got seriously hurt and MINN panicked. But that's a rare rare opportunity.

Realistically...Dak could fetch like a 2nd or something..... because of his contract, age, and where it would make sense for the other team to want him

Brooksey

Reaction score
Still you guys dont get it.

The problem with Daks contract is not 2024. Its 2025.

2025 is his first void year. This means we are without an QB but have 36 mils of dead cap invested into Prescott.

Now you want to trade/cut him post June 1st. Which means half of the dead cap hit will be added to 2025.

that leaves you without a qb in 24 and 25. and your dead cap in 25 is around 50 mils.

I mean i get it. Prescott is crap and get rid of him sooner than later.
But you dont need to self destruct because of that.

Our FO lost when he signed his second contract. The way that one was structed it was clear we have to hand out a third contract to him.
Now make this one as short as possible and then kick him out of town.
If Dak is waived or agrees to a trade, the cap hit is 25M in 2024 and 36M in 2025.

That's a 34M savings in 2024. It's doable if they are playing a rookie QB or Trey Lance etc

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you probably could trade him to a rebuilding team, he's so good you don't have to have talent around him. Dang, I'm thinking about a different QB. Nobody needs a guy who has to have the best talent around him to make him average.
I could be wrong, he's only 30, and by the time he's 35 or 40 the lesser teams could build around him and he could win a Super Bowl.

But don't say never, some team would take a gamble on him.

kskboys

Reaction score
LMAO...here's what I was looking for!!!

Heeerreee we goooo!!! Take our old choke artist QB with an average arm for NOT ONE...NOT TWO.....but three...that's THREE, first round draft picks.

MVP
MVP
MVP!!!!!

LMAO
Here we go, here's what I was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trade Dak for a bag of cheetos since I don't like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO X 36 gadzillion.

Gads that's lame. What in the world do you get out of posting such trash?

kskboys

Reaction score
It's "low" compared to what people in here think we'd get.. because people in here never look at trades objectively through the eyes of the other team. They just post nonsense trade proposals similar to what my 10 year old nephew would suggest.

Dak has 0 value to a rebuilding team.

He just can't get a 1st round pick. Nobody is giving a Top 20 pick for Dak...he's not worth that. He COULD, MAYBE be worth a single LATE LATE 1st, like 27 to 32, but the problem is those teams drafting there already have QBs. MAYBE if a QB got hurt, they could pull off a 1 the way the Eagles jobbed MIN with Sam Bradford when Geno Smith got seriously hurt and MINN panicked. But that's a rare rare opportunity.

Realistically...Dak could fetch like a 2nd or something..... because of his contract, age, and where it would make sense for the other team to want him
It's the opposite. You are not taking into consideration what a starting quality QB brings on the open market. Do a little research, dude, so you won't make such lame posts.