Trade Dak & Save 35 million on the cap

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
you probably could trade him to a rebuilding team, he's so good you don't have to have talent around him. Dang, I'm thinking about a different QB. Nobody needs a guy who has to have the best talent around him to make him average.
I could be wrong, he's only 30, and by the time he's 35 or 40 the lesser teams could build around him and he could win a Super Bowl.

But don't say never, some team would take a gamble on him.
The moment Dak left the Cowboys would be one of the NFL’s “lesser teams”.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The moment Dak left the Cowboys would be one of the NFL’s “lesser teams”.
how did Rush win 5 games with a lesser team talent-wise? Is he better than we think? If the defense sucks like you guys say, dang he's the man. He won with a bad defense too.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
how did Rush win 5 games with a lesser team talent-wise? Is he better than we think? If the defense sucks like you guys say, dang he's the man. He won with a bad defense too.
If anyone in the NFL at any franchise thought Rush or Lance were starting quality quarterbacks the Cowboys would get multiple trade offers for them. Dallas needs, badly, additional draft picks in the upcoming draft. Since Rush and Lance are still with Dallas means no one believes they are worth trading anything as much as a fifth round draft choice for them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If anyone in the NFL at any franchise thought Rush or Lance were starting quality quarterbacks the Cowboys would get multiple trade offers for them. Dallas needs, badly, additional draft picks in the upcoming draft. Since Rush and Lance are still with Dallas means no one believes they are worth trading anything as much as a fifth round draft choice for them.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Dak-does-not-have-the-potency.Anyone-will-do-for-now-in-his-place.He-has-had-a-good-career-here,but-we-have-to-strive-for-higher-than-his-ceiling.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
I-would-be-shocked-if-Dak-over-achieved-with-another-team.
He-may-prove-us-wrong-and-that-would-be-great-for-him.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Here we go, here's what I was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trade Dak for a bag of cheetos since I don't like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO X 36 gadzillion.

Gads that's lame. What in the world do you get out of posting such trash?
Uhhhh...refuting Madden mentality and posting reality. That's what I get out of it.

I really don't think you'd even get 3 firsts in ur Madden game without the old "Force Trade"

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's the opposite. You are not taking into consideration what a starting quality QB brings on the open market. Do a little research, dude, so you won't make such lame posts.
How many first rounders would you give for Kirk Cousins, a starting calibre QB, if Dak retired today?

How many 1st rounders for Baker Mayfield?

kskboys

Reaction score
A 5th? Rush was a FA and got zero offers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Uhhhh...refuting Madden mentality and posting reality. That's what I get out of it.

I really don't think you'd even get 3 firsts in ur Madden game without the old "Force Trade"
Don't play Madden. I'm also not into hysteria and 3rd grade crapp. Late.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying "trade him to Atlanta"

Ok...well ATL does need a QB.

Any sane person who has any football knowledge at all knows ATL isnt trading their Top 10 pick for Dak (#8 i THINK)....so what is it people are suggesting we get in return from ATL?

The trade team actually makes sense....but what compensation would make sense for both teams? (Knowing that their top choice would be the Chicago QB...who I believe still has abyear or 2 left on his cheap rookie deal), and per the rumor mill could be had for a 2nd.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It’s saves 34M of a 60M potential cap hit. The rest comes due in 2025. There is no easy out.
It saves money against the cap in 2025 as well. The only year it increases his cap hit is 2026, where it adds 11m. If people want him gone so badly, it can be done....especially if you draft his replacement or just go with Lance and see what he has, If Lance completely sucks, we have a terrible record and get a shot at a franchise type QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying "trade him to Atlanta"

Ok...well ATL does need a QB.

Any sane person who has any football knowledge at all knows ATL isnt trading their Top 10 pick for Dak (#8 i THINK)....so what is it people are suggesting we get in return from ATL?

The trade team actually makes sense....but what compensation would make sense for both teams? (Knowing that their top choice would be the Chicago QB...who I believe still has abyear or 2 left on his cheap rookie deal), and per the rumor mill could be had for a 2nd.
Our cap savings would help extend a window.

Paying Dak, Lamb, and Parsons is just more of the same.

You know you cant build a strong enough roster to win anything with.

Dak had a heck of a season and his ability increased as a player but paying him is a dead end.

Anyone with any football sense knows that.

Getting rid of him opens a ton of possibilities.

basel90

Reaction score
Could be is icy a worthless term. Random practice squad QBs “could be” the next Mahomes, but probably not.

Meanwhile Baker is a nice story but that team was solid on offense: good offensive line and very good weapons. There is a reason that every all pro list had Dak as 2nd team all pro and Baker nowhere to be found. There is a reason when the survey of GMs, coaches, and executives comes out next year they will rank Dak top 10, I would wager 6-8, and Baker will be in that 13-19 range. They are not even close.
Cowboys fans know all about the empty yards during a regular season in the worst division In the NFL . cowboys built to support a system QB . Against good teams Dak fizzles . Baker by the way beat Green Bay at Green Bay 2 week before Dak flopped at home against them . Just an example . But if you are chasing mvp accolades you have all the right.