CFZ Trade Deadline Question for serious contenders

rambo2

Reaction score
Working on 29. And I have a sick feeling the Eagles and 49ers will leave the Cowboys in the dust this year. The Rams game got us all excited. This Sunday will speak volumes and bring us down to earth, I'm afraid.
The 49ers probably won't. I suspect that the 1 will be one of these 3: Eagles, Cowboys, or Lions.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 49ers probably won't. I suspect that the 1 will be one of these 3: Eagles, Cowboys, or Lions.
I hope you're right Rambo. I dislike both teams, but especially the 49ers. I'm actually hoping I'm wrong and will apologize for being a shaky fan. 62 years as a fan gets me that benefit.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m just not certain that there was a player available worth parting ways with a premium pick for. At least the known names that were rumored to be available didn’t seem to warrant that. They’re short on assets I’m not sure I blame them.

I am disappointed though as a fan that they stood pat.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m just not certain that there was a player available worth parting ways with a premium pick for. At least the known names that were rumored to be available didn’t seem to warrant that. They’re short on assets I’m not sure I blame them.

I'm obviously not a football expert, but I'd have gladly dealt a 3 rounder for Henry. I think he would have helped the O in the redzone.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You called him a half wit.
Yes, and he acts like one. Is he a licensed engineer or just a graduate? Huge difference. He's a rich kid who's never had to work or make a payroll. Stop with this argument.

And worse, thinks he can run this storied franchise.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm obviously not a football expert, but I'd have gladly dealt a 3 rounder for Henry. I think he would have helped the O in the redzone.
He’s 30 years old. I just don’t think I’m parting with a 3rd pick on a 30 year old RB.

rambo2

Reaction score

It was hard for them to make a trade after already trading their 4th, 5th, and 6th. i think they did well on the trades that they already had made.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was hard for them to make a trade after already trading their 4th, 5th, and 6th. i think they did well on the trades that they already had made.
Agreed with the trades, but that was in the sumner. I felt it was a perfect time to trade for a missing piece or two. A great GM's job is 24 months a year!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
They might had tried to do that, but I can see them thinking that they already have a stable of healthy backs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, and he acts like one. Is he a licensed engineer or just a graduate? Huge difference. He's a rich kid who's never had to work or make a payroll. Stop with this argument.

And worse, thinks he can run this storied franchise.
:laugh: You're right. An engineering degree requires you to be able to do high level math, logic and such. A PE license requires you to work in the field for 4 years and pass an ethics exam.

This is not like most trade licensing like HVAC or electrician techs. You are grasping and this is fun. I think I will continue.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well, I will admit I'm kind of in a win now mindset.

And I’m not? Sorry man, but I’m looking at my ROI and it’s not there especially when I’m getting decent production out of Rico. I’ll save my 3rd and find me some young talent.

Could’ve signed Fournette for penny’s and gotten decent production out of him, since we were looking for a bruiser.

rambo2

Reaction score
And I’m not? Sorry man, but I’m looking at my ROI and it’s not there especially when I’m getting decent production out of Rico. I’ll save my 3rd and find me some young talent.

Could’ve signed Fournette for penny’s and gotten decent production out of him, since we were looking for a bruiser.
They also could give 40 some carries.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh: You're right. An engineering degree requires you to be able to do high level math, logic and such. A PE license requires you to work in the field for 4 years and pass an ethics exam.

This is not like most trade licensing like HVAC or electrician techs. You are grasping and this is fun. I think I will continue.
OK. I'm a licensed architect and have owned / run my own company for 40 years. I've struggled to keep my employees during tough times and have served on many volunteer boards and commissions including two governor appointed 6-year terms on a state regulatory board. I know nothing about running a football team. And, if you think Steven Jones does, that's on you.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
OK. I'm a licensed architect and have owned / run my own company for 40 years. I've struggled to keep my employees during tough times and have served on many volunteer boards and commissions including two governor appointed 6-year terms on a state regulatory board. I know nothing about running a football team. And, if you think Steven Jones does, that's on you.
You are moving the goalposts. You called him a half wit.

What has to do with running a football team is that he was trained by Bill Parcells amongst others and praised by them for their acumen. You dropped that argument from the top to fixate on this point you are hoping to win.

What is interesting is that you say you know nothing about running a football team yet think you are in a position to judge whether or not someone else is.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are moving the goalposts. You called him a half wit.

What has to do with running a football team is that he was trained by Bill Parcells amongst others and praised by them for their acumen. You dropped that argument from the top to fixate on this point you are hoping to win.

What is interesting is that you say you know nothing about running a football team yet think you are in a position to judge whether or not someone else is.
Gosh, Fuzzy, we're here as DC fans offering our opinions. And, in my opinion, the nonsense he espouses makes him at least sound like an idiot. I don't like using that word, so half-wit it is.

And please don't give me that trained by Bill Parcells BS. He was the loudmouth that thought he knew more than the coach, just like his dad.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Johnson was on the trade block too.
The problem that drove every team away is that he was reportedly seeking a massive contract. No one was willing to do that.

With what we have coming up, market setting contracts need to not be something we take on lightly.

Kwyn

Reaction score
These October trades are usually driven by teams in need. And depending how much the need is are often willing to offer more than they usually would which might move the needle on some teams who weren’t initially interested in trading.

If we had offered a 1st or 2nd for example Titans might have been interested. Just saying
Oh, I’m sure. If we offered a second for Henry, they’d be crazy to not take it.

Can you imagine the volcanic reaction here at the Zone if that happened? The naysayers against Henry weren’t willing to give up a fourth.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I’m sure. If we offered a second for Henry, they’d be crazy to not take it.

Can you imagine the volcanic reaction here at the Zone if that happened? The naysayers against Henry weren’t willing to give up a fourth.
I think a third would have done it, but would have gladly accepted a 2nd round trade.