Trade Lawrence for a second round pick

Fwed

Reaction score
Eagles maneuvered to get to 23.5M under the cap. For what? Probably Wentz' new deal....but what if they are just lying in wait ready to pounce if Lawrence gets released. He would love to stick it to the Cowboys by signing with their biggest threat.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could see him signing for 21.5 million then being traded to Indy for a 1st and 3rd in 19' and a 3rd in 20'.....Tank gets his money, whoever trades for him gets a credible DE and we get a better compensation deal for losing him. We can sign Quinn, draft a DE in the 1st, a SS in the 2nd, a DT and a tall CB in the 3rd ( Allen, Adams/Thornhill, Saunders and Johnson/Williams).
Sounds like a great scenario to me

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eagles maneuvered to get to 23.5M under the cap. For what? Probably Wentz' new deal....but what if they are just lying in wait ready to pounce if Lawrence gets released. He would love to stick it to the Cowboys by signing with their biggest threat.
Remember a guy named Radcliffe except he went to the Bears

Fwed

Reaction score
I could see him signing for 21.5 million then being traded to Indy for a 1st and 3rd in 19' and a 3rd in 20'.....Tank gets his money, whoever trades for him gets a credible DE and we get a better compensation deal for losing him. We can sign Quinn, draft a DE in the 1st, a SS in the 2nd, a DT and a tall CB in the 3rd ( Allen, Adams/Thornhill, Saunders and Johnson/Williams).
LOL, so the Cowboys eat the entire signing bonus? or, wait, he signs a deal with zero signing bonus. I dont even know if the league would sign off on a sign and trade deal like that...basically trading cap space and a player for draft picks.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, so the Cowboys eat the entire signing bonus? or, wait, he signs a deal with zero signing bonus. I dont even know if the league would sign off on a sign and trade deal like that...basically trading cap space and a player for draft picks.
But wouldn't it be great if that happened. It would be worth it for a first and third

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly all I'm saying is it's fun to come up with scenarios. And at the end of the whole thing somebody may win the lottery

I agree. There are multiple scenarios. I personally don't think we can expect a 1st rounder for an injured player. As deep as this draft is a high second would be good IMO. Which leads to another scenario. Don't use the two 2nds to trade up. But that's all dependent on how high up two 2nds would give you.

Fwed

Reaction score
I agree. There are multiple scenarios. I personally don't think we can expect a 1st rounder for an injured player. As deep as this draft is a high second would be good IMO. Which leads to another scenario. Don't use the two 2nds to trade up. But that's all dependent on how high up two 2nds would give you.
I'd be suprised if you got a 3rd to be honest.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
First, show us your proof that the Colts offered that for him. If not, it's useless speculation. Second, it's pretty clear you've gathered your football "knowledge" from playing Madden. No point in continuing this conversation.

Wait... One last thing...

:laugh:

I doubt there is ANYBODY that could understand that.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:
Whirldin is utilizing the "voice to text" feature of his phone,Teeing up & firing'em off downrange in rapid fashion

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I was busy I have neuropathy from the military I use speaking text my finger sting they hurt. You Edge rushers are nullified if you can't get pressure up the middle you cannot win in this league if you can't get pressure up the middle. All your quarterback has to do is Step Up. LOL sorry about that
I could tell, from the post you made that ended in (question) rather than (?)

Flamma

Reaction score

Good plan. The only problem I see is the signing bonus. I could be wrong, but I think we'd take on a big dead cap.

I'd be suprised if you got a 3rd to be honest.

There is that too. But should the Cowboys be offering him even 20 if that were the case?

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't think there is any rule in place requiring a signing bonus. I just don't think Tank signs a deal without a bonus. These players like all that money up front. But theoretically it could be done through guarantees. But would another team want to pick up that contract? Aah screw it, trade him to the Browns. Let that team stomp the AFC!

jnday

Reaction score
Yes but I think if you trade him you could possibly get a higher second round pick more ammunition to move up higher in the first
There is no reason that prevents Dallas from getting a first round pick and maybe a mid-round to go with it. Only asking for a second round pick would needlessly set the bar too low.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That is an easy fix

The 30m signing bonus can be delayed until August or made into a Roster Bonus

It doesn't have to be pro-rated at signing

Either way teams work out the extension before the official trade anyways

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There are no 2nd round comp picks.
We would qualify for a 3rd Round Comp pick in 2020 ....but that is really a 4th round pick since it comes after the entire 3rd round is over

and since it is delayed a year it worth even less than a 4th....more like a 5th

and again that is contingent on DAL not signing any other FAs

Overall it is not that appealing consolation prize for losing a starting DE.... the 20m in cap space is more appealing

Fwed

Reaction score
That is an easy fix

The 30m signing bonus can be delayed until August or made into a Roster Bonus

It doesn't have to be pro-rated at signing

Either way teams work out the extension before the official trade anyways
true...but teams just dont pay that much in draft compensation for a guy who is using up a portion of the cap equal to what he contributes...teams pay for value add...

Fwed

Reaction score
We would qualify for a 3rd Round Comp pick in 2020 ....but that is really a 4th round pick since it comes after the entire 3rd round is over

and since it is delayed a year it worth even less than a 4th....more like a 5th

and again that is contingent on DAL not signing any other FAs

Overall it is not that appealing consolation prize for losing a starting DE.... the 20m in cap space is more appealing
yea, 2020 end of 3rd is worth a 4th or 5th in 2019. That said, this is leading to an outright release...unless JJ wants this mess hanging over the team into the season.