Trade Lawrence for a second round pick

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. Like they did with WR Cooks. Dallas chose a different route. I can't solely place the blame on them because I don't think they envisioned a scenario where Tank would refuse a long term deal averaging 20 Mil.

Can't trade him if he doesn't sign the tag. But you're right, Dallas needs to do one of the two. And considering how much Tank wants, I'm not so sure the 2nd option isn't better. Dallas already got Hyder. They need to get Quinn and go to a Voodoo priestess in regards to Gregory and Taco. The only difference I would suggest is to trade up for one of those DTs, like Williams or Oliver. But that would cost draft capital. I think that might be a better option over dumping all that money on Tank.

And using a pick to get Dexter would be huge for us

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm new here people don't know me. I don't get a lot of Slack. I've Been a Cowboy fan since the Rodger Staubach days when I was in the military overseas. All you could watch was the Cowboys. I suffered through thick and thin like many of you. I love the star what it represents. I mean no disrespect.

And, having known @Whirlwin since the old forum, I can vouch for this being the case to those questioning his loyalty to the Cowboys.

fansince68

Reaction score
My problem is this. I've been looking for a solid defensive tackle for over three seasons now. I truly believe you can't win this league without middle pressure. Look what it did to Mahomes in the championship game. Middle pressure destroyed him
Yeah but was that middle pressure coming from high 1st round talent? Most teams dont put a premium on drafting DT high on the charts. Aaron Donald being the exception.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah but was that middle pressure coming from high 1st round talent? Most teams dont put a premium on drafting DT high on the charts. Aaron Donald being the exception.
and that's why they're not winning.

Rayman70

Reaction score
not taking anything less that a first rounder and maybe even a 2nd.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Trade Lawrence for picks because he's not worth the money.
Trade Byron Jones for picks because he's not worth the money.
Trade Zeke for picks because he's not worth the money.
Trade Dak for picks because he's not worth the money.

2019 Dallas Cowboys: We suck but hey we have cap flexibity and a boatload of draft picks!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
DT Dexter Lawrence? I got him going late first round. Probably would be a lot easier to trade up for him. He's 6.4 342 lbs. Good God!

Yes, that Lawrence lol. If we can get into the late 1st, we should get him. I actually hope that he can slide to a late second which would be easier for us. Either way, he'd be BRILLIANT with a star on his helmet. We need to do this.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has not made a football decision in over 3 Seasons. Don't call yourself knowledgeable of the franchise if you don't realize that

Now Whirlwin I seriously doubt you have had any direct conversations with Jerry, Stephen and Will and I'm also pretty sure you don't have access to the Cowboys offices and sit in on any meetings and/or negotiations so I got to ask, what makes you so certain that Jerry has not made a football decision in over 3 seasons? The last time I checked he still has the titles of owner and GM. I believe he asks for and accept opinions from Stephen, Garrett and Will more than he did when he first bought the team, but I also believe when push comes to shove Jerry still makes most of the calls. This is just my guesswork.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes, that Lawrence lol. If we can get into the late 1st, we should get him. I actually hope that he can slide to a late second which would be easier for us. Either way, he'd be BRILLIANT with a star on his helmet. We need to do this.

There is ZERO chance to move up to the 1st rnd. Name any time when a team trading their 1st rnd didn't get the other teams 1st rnd plus more? Here's what makes it a zero. The Cowboys don't have a 1st rnd pick this year. They gave that up for Cooper.

One other thing. This is an American football site so that soccer logo has to go. lol :)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is ZERO chance to move up to the 1st rnd. Name any time when a team trading their 1st rnd didn't get the other teams 1st rnd plus more? Here's what makes it a zero. The Cowboys don't have a 1st rnd pick this year. They gave that up for Cooper.

One other thing. This is an American football site so that soccer logo has to go. lol :)

No where in the site rules does it say I can't have a Premier League logo. And I know there's a fat chance of it happening (though, I'd love it if we could move DLaw for a first or high 2nd to move up into round 1). It's just fun ideas to think about on a sports forum.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now Whirlwin I seriously doubt you have had any direct conversations with Jerry, Stephen and Will and I'm also pretty sure you don't have access to the Cowboys offices and sit in on any meetings and/or negotiations so I got to ask, what makes you so certain that Jerry has not made a football decision in over 3 seasons? The last time I checked he still has the titles of owner and GM. I believe he asks for and accept opinions from Stephen, Garrett and Will more than he did when he first bought the team, but I also believe when push comes to shove Jerry still makes most of the calls. This is just my guesswork.
I agree. He has insight and he knows everything that happens in this franchise but I also know that it's Steven William McClay and Jason that bring him the knowledge . make no mistake about it he's not making the decisions he no longer has those contacts . It's actually been reported.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It's already been reported. That the Colts even maybe the Packers were willing to give a first-round didn't we just give a first round for a wide receiver. It happens all the time what are you talkin about

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO a 1st or we play the game with him..it doesnt have to eb high first but getting back in the first round would be worth it given we have quinn and can maybe be more patient with Taco and Armstrong etc