Trade Lawrence for a second round pick

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No where in the site rules does it say I can't have a Premier League logo. And I know there's a fat chance of it happening (though, I'd love it if we could move DLaw for a first or high 2nd to move up into round 1). It's just fun ideas to think about on a sports forum.
The Cowboys just gave their first round pick for Amari Cooper. It happens all the time I don't know what this guy is talking about

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's already been reported. That the Colts even maybe the Packers were willing to give a first-round

Well, let's get on with that trade lol. If the Colts will give us a 1st for DLaw, let's do it. I doubt we'll be able to extend DLaw. A first from the Colts for him is a very good deal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys just gave their first round pick for Amari Cooper. It happens all the time I don't know what this guy is talking about

Yes, and the Raiders could probably give it back to us if they think DLaw is worth it. If we can get the Colts, Packers, and Raiders into a bidding battle for DLaw, who knows what draft picks we can get for DLaw?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, let's get on with that trade lol. If the Colts will give us a 1st for DLaw, let's do it. I doubt we'll be able to extend DLaw. A first from the Colts for him is a very good deal.
I myself have not seen the actual report of this deal. It's just been posted on the form the last couple of days. I don't know these people I don't know if they're reliable. I know the Cowboys want to keep Lawrence. But I think he just signed his release if he truly wants 28 million. I can't find any real evidence. I feel like I have to prove my Integrity all over again. I truly trusted the old cowboy family. Including you

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd do that in a heartbeat

As would I. The Colts have LOADS of cap space. DLaw seems to want out. We don't have a 1st. Dexter Lawrence will be well within our range after that deal. Let's get on with it! It's a no-brainer.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I myself have not seen the actual report of this deal. It's just been posted on the form the last couple of days. I don't know these people I don't know if they're reliable. I know the Cowboys want to keep Lawrence. But I think he just signed his release if he truly wants 28 million. I can't find any real evidence. I feel like I have to prove my Integrity all over again. I truly trusted the old cowboy family. Including you

I too have seen that on this forum, and the Colts have loads of cap-room. He's a good fit for their defence. I think the Colts just might do it. Especially if we can prod the Raiders to jump in.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is ZERO chance to move up to the 1st rnd. Name any time when a team trading their 1st rnd didn't get the other teams 1st rnd plus more? Here's what makes it a zero. The Cowboys don't have a 1st rnd pick this year. They gave that up for Cooper.

One other thing. This is an American football site so that soccer logo has to go. lol :)
Exactly we just gave our first round pick for Cooper. So what makes you think another team won't give their first round pick for Lawrence. I don't think you thought the entire thing through. Unless you were thinking of some of the scenario and then I'm mistaking and excuse me

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly we just gave our first round pick for Cooper. So what makes you think another team won't give their first round pick for Lawrence. I don't think you thought the entire thing through. Unless you were thinking of some of the scenario and then I'm mistaking and excuse me

And teams in need of pass rush and have lots of cap space would be good teams to ask about trading DLaw.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's already been reported. That the Colts even maybe the Packers were willing to give a first-round didn't we just give a first round for a wide receiver. It happens all the time what are you talkin about

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/fo...pass-rush-help-despite-late-round-1-pick/amp/

I just found this. Maybe this could be where the idea came from. The person who wrote the article points out that the Colts have been dreadful at drafting defencive linemen. Thus, we should get on with trading DLaw to them for that first round pick. If the Colts want to go beyond where they did last year, then giving us their first for DLaw would make quite the sensible thing to do.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/fo...pass-rush-help-despite-late-round-1-pick/amp/

I just found this. Maybe this could be where the idea came from. The person who wrote the article points out that the Colts have been dreadful at drafting defencive linemen. Thus, we should get on with trading DLaw to them for that first round pick. If the Colts want to go beyond where they did last year, then giving us their first for DLaw would make quite the sensible thing to do.
I truly believe right now it's all just posturing. We just signed the kid from Miami which was a great move. We could have great bookends if Lawrence does sign the 20 mil franchise tag. And if he doesn't we just replaced him possibly

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I truly believe right now it's all just posturing. We just signed the kid from Miami which was a great move. We could have great bookends if Lawrence does sign the 20 mil franchise tag. And if he doesn't we just replaced him possibly

I agree. Plus, I think the Quinn trade just gave us leverage on DLaw. If he won't cooperate, then the article I posted gives us an option for how to get something more than a 3rd round comp pick for DLaw.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I just read something on a different article. Lawrence has until July 25th to sign the tag. If he signs it after that it's only a one-year deal. That would be great for both him and the franchise I think. But it's still fun to look at all the different scenarios. People get to hung up and take it personally.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just read something on a different article. Lawrence has until July 25th to sign the tag. If he signs it after that it's only a one-year deal. That would be great for both him and the franchise I think. But it's still fun to look at all the different scenarios. People get to hung up and take it personally.

Definitely fun, which is the point of a forum.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. Plus, I think the Quinn trade just gave us leverage on DLaw. If he won't cooperate, then the article I posted gives us an option for how to get something more than a 3rd round comp pick for DLaw.
Be good be safe have a great weekend my cowboy brother I'm out

Flamma

Reaction score

He was referring to trading up to the first round without giving up a 1st and then some. He's right. Two 2nds probably wouldn't get you too far into the first round. Depending on how high the 2nd round picks are, you might get a very late first rounder.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to throw a wet blanket on this. DLaw is asking for top dollar Mack money. The Colts or any other team can wait it out. It's not like Tank is going to get better than Mack money. Wait it out and sign him in the off season without giving up any picks. No one's trading us their high round picks at this point. This is why the Patriots trade the player a year prior to their last season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was referring to trading up to the first round without giving up a 1st and then some. He's right. Two 2nds probably wouldn't get you too far into the first round. Depending on how high the 2nd round picks are, you might get a very late first rounder.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to throw a wet blanket on this. DLaw is asking for top dollar Mack money. The Colts or any other team can wait it out. It's not like Tank is going to get better than Mack money. Wait it out and sign him in the off season without giving up any picks. No one's trading us their high round picks at this point. This is why the Patriots trade the player a year prior to their last season.
I know the man from the old Cowboys forum. I'd like to consider us friends we torture each other. The man is a statistical book.

JBond

Reaction score
Take the two second-round picks move up in the first round. Take a defensive tackle higher on the board. Probably going to lose him anyways. And if you stay with him, without middle pressure, all the quarterback needs to do is step up and your Edge rushers can't get there anyways. Just a thought
The Chiefs are desperate for a 4-3 end. We can get a 1st for him.