Trade Parsons

Chasing6

Reaction score
Perhaps if you find the right trading partner, and even if so, do you trust ownership to do so? By signing Dak, it sent a clear message that no rebuild is planned, so Micah is going nowhere. The only hope we have is that somehow they manage/learn to build around him because, by the looks of it he will get his money
Do you trust what they are doing now with 185 rushing per game?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most of this is nonsense but I'd trade him just because you need a volume of passrushers regardless of how singularly great he is.
So you’re going to trade him because we need a volume of pass rushers? If you’ve been watching the games, we need players who can stop the run. Our strength has been rushing the passer but because we can’t stop the run teams don’t have to throw much. Lamar Jackson and Derek Carr combined for 31 passing attempts against us. Dak was forced to attempt 51 passes yesterday because we have no running game.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Parsons is on record calling out this FO saying he wanted a beast on the DL in front of him. He wanted the FO to show him they want to win as bad as he does.

Personally. As someone that has competed in many different things. I dont blame him for how he is acting currently.

If your bosses dont care. Why should you? The person on the field risking their life every down. The goal is a championship. This FO showed the entire team they dont care about winning. I made a thread about its effect on the locker room.

What I said back in April is starting to show.
So they drafted the DT he told them to draft.....The Great Mazi Smith. How's that going?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This team has a lot of problems......Parsons isn't one of them. A defensive player ALONE will rarely impact a team's ability to win or even reach a Super Bowl. Garrett, Watts, Bosa are a few so-called great defensive players who are on losing teams or teams struggling to make playoffs. Arron Donald played in ONE Super Bowl as great as he was and hell, even a couple more defensive studs. Vonn Miller and DWare could only win one as teammates.

BTW......what happens when the next drafted players becomes an ALL-PROS during their rookie contract? Are trading are we trading them too and the next ones?

jay94

Reaction score
This team has a lot of problems......Parsons isn't one of them. A defensive player ALONE will rarely impact a team's ability to win or even reach a Super Bowl. Garrett, Watts, Bosa are a few so-called great defensive players who are on losing teams or teams struggling to make playoffs. Arron Donald played in ONE Super Bowl as great as he was and hell, even a couple more defensive studs. Vonn Miller and DWare could only win one as teammates.

BTW......what happens when the next drafted players becomes an ALL-PROS during their rookie contract? Are trading are we trading them too and the next ones?
A bunch of hypotheticals. If you get worse talent wise 3 years in a row, which we have, why not? If you don't trade Parsons, trade Lamb. To much money for 3 players and none of the 3 have played at an elite level, Parsons by far the closest so far.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well yes, it all is. The eye popping plays and all of that is game script dependent, which is true for every DL. The stuff about him not loving football is just blind speculation not based on any sense of reality. The "wearing down" stuff is made up. You're evaluating a player singularly on his sack totals in games where the offense couldn't generate a lead and the run defense, mostly outside of him, was helpless.

It is a nonsense evaluation. If anything, he is trying too hard to do too much on the defensive side of the ball and running himself out of position.
Disagree.

Micah Parsons is definitely part of the problem on defense so far. Take a look...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Parsons is on record calling out this FO saying he wanted a beast on the DL in front of him. He wanted the FO to show him they want to win as bad as he does.

Personally. As someone that has competed in many different things. I dont blame him for how he is acting currently.

If your bosses dont care. Why should you? The person on the field risking their life every down. The goal is a championship. This FO showed the entire team they dont care about winning. I made a thread about its effect on the locker room.

What I said back in April is starting to show.
Sorry, brother, Micah clearly told the front office he wanted Mazi Smith to be drafted last year (2023). That was the "beast on the DL" Micah wanted drafted to play in front of him...

Micah and his decision making is part of the problem.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Who’s talking about the first game? It’s obvious you didn’t understand the post. yeah, he looked terrific against Cleveland. He’s usually a game wrecker in the games where we’re dominating the opponent and not being destroyed on the ground. Where was he the last two games? He had zero sacks and one QB hit. He’s not showing up against contending teams. He’s done hardly anything in four playoff games. The games we got destroyed in last season he was a no-show. When San Francisco got way down to Detroit in the conference title game, it was Nick Bosa leading the charge that helped bring them back. He had a couple of sacks and several QB hits. All Parsons is doing while we’re getting beat up is sucking air.
You may want to read your own post. Your first sentence literally says he's been non-existent this season. Last time I checked the Cleveland game was part of this season

phildadon86

Reaction score
I disagree with why he should care.

Leaders led by example. Maybe the defense would go all out if their leader gave his all.

As far as not caring because Jerry doesn't is what creates this country club atmosphere.

Where is the pride? Where is the want to be a champion? You compete hard and become one if the best players in the league you get paid and have leverage if you want to be traded or sign with another team.

The attitude about not caring has destroyed this franchise.
Where is the pride from the FO? Where is the proof this FO cares about wanting to champions? Was it illustrated in their aggressive free agency approach?

I have led multiple teams to success in my career, and been coached in different aspects. And I can tell you from personal experience. When you dont believe that the people above you care about winning at all costs, neither do you. And this is in business, not putting your life on the line on a football field.

He called out the FO and told them exactly what this defense needed to be contenders.

They signed Linval Joseph.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sorry, brother, Micah clearly told the front office he wanted Mazi Smith to be drafted last year (2023). That was the "beast on the DL" Micah wanted drafted to play in front of him...

Micah and his decision making is part of the problem.

Yeah. He also asked them to spend in FA.

How did that go?

cowboybish

Reaction score
It would have been crazy to trade all three of them. Those are three best players. We would’ve been using most of those picks trying to find a QB. Trading all three would’ve made absolutely zero sense. Good luck coming up with players as good as them with those draft picks. You trade one and that’s it and Parsons is the one. Our defense is horrible with him and he’s not impacting these games where we’re getting our butts handed to us. The contending teams know how to neutralize him.
The NFL salary cap is 255 million. Yearly Prescott and Lamb make up 95 million. If we sign Lamb, those three will probably make up half of the salary cap.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine saying our defense is horrible with Micah Parsons in year 3, when he’s literally been the best player the last two years on defense, while at the same time defending Dak, who in 2018 without Amari Cooper was literally the worst player on this team
tenor.gif

John813

Reaction score
IMO against the Ravens he should of never been on the edge unless the Cowboys were ahead, and Lamar had to pass the ball.
It was obvious the Ravens would be a run first team, compounded with the early lead. Parsons sucks against the run with his hand in the ground/edge He's been exposed there going as far back as the Cardinals game.

His rookie year he shined vs the Vikings at LB stuffing the run.
There's no LB on this team that I would put ahead of Parsons at LB.

Not like we have an injury proof Lee, LVE with a good neck, and a McClain that never discovered purple drank

Jipper

Reaction score

I think what a lot of people are grappling with is the fact that this team will only fill holes with the draft, and if that's the case then they need as many high picks as possible. Couple that with the cap challenges trying to pay dak, ceedee and micha at the same time and then build a team, makes it seem like if you could get multiple 1sts for micha and get some high quality starters, that the sum of the parts would be greater.

Obviously the old bird in hand argument but if Jerry will only use the draft then I think we have to consider where they could flip players for more overall value (potentially, nothing is guaranteed)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think what a lot of people are grappling with is the fact that this team will only fill holes with the draft, and if that's the case then they need as many high picks as possible. Couple that with the cap challenges trying to pay dak, ceedee and micha at the same time and then build a team, makes it seem like if you could get multiple 1sts for micha and get some high quality starters, that the sum of the parts would be greater.

Obviously the old bird in hand argument but if Jerry will only use the draft then I think we have to consider where they could flip players for more overall value (potentially, nothing is guaranteed)
What I always find interesting about these massive trade offers by fans is.........if a player is worth so much, you may wanna keep him.
Either way, Jerry shut it down yesterday ( they are not going to do anything that would compromise signing Parsons ) so to me, its a waste of time.

For the record.......I would NOT trade him. Fans are forgetting Jerry passed on free agency and we all knew it would bite us in the ______. So why is everyone so surprised? The defense is learning a new scheme with at least 30-40% non-starter-type players. Also, my fear is some Dez said in that it appears Zimm isn't playing players to their strength.

In other words, he is making players learn his system rather than adjusting his system to fit the player's strengths. I think this is why they are not playing well as a unit. Too many players thinking and/or slow to react. You have other players trying to clean it up.

Loso86

Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious what I would hope to get out of this. You’re hoping to add more players to the DL and possibly get a quality RB. We’re never going to improve the defense, especially against the run if we don’t fix the DL and add a quality DT. We need someone upfront that’s real disruptive and creates some havoc.
As soon as your able to stop the run you won't be able to stop the pass and rush the passer. I don't think some of you "fans" understand how hardbitbis to find a player who's able to rush the passer like Parsons. Has been able to not really because teams aren't passing much. You HOPE to add" Quality" and. Rb position that most of yall said didn't even matter! Lol that's not good enough to trade a guy like Parsons. You guys are just mad!!