Trade Parsons

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Well yes, it all is. The eye popping plays and all of that is game script dependent, which is true for every DL. The stuff about him not loving football is just blind speculation not based on any sense of reality. The "wearing down" stuff is made up. You're evaluating a player singularly on his sack totals in games where the offense couldn't generate a lead and the run defense, mostly outside of him, was helpless.

It is a nonsense evaluation. If anything, he is trying too hard to do too much on the defensive side of the ball and running himself out of position.
That’s pretty stupid! Don’t run your self out of position and go for every mis direction play. Lawrence does the same darn thing.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
With the season he’s currently having along with the defense if he were to tear his ACL he wouldn’t get close to $40 million. He certainly wouldn’t be getting close to $50 million on the open market, even if he was healthy and was lighting it up. That would be around $16 million per season more than any other defensive player. No way is that happening. You need to rethink that. lol
He would get every bit of $40M, honestly $40M is probably a discounted rate by the time Parsons signs his extension. Ultimately though you have this idea that because the Dallas defense is having a bad year that Parsons is having a bad year too, and its just not accurate. All of his advanced metrics are right in line with his career numbers, and his tape really isnt bad at all.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That’s pretty stupid! Don’t run your self out of position and go for every mis direction play. Lawrence does the same darn thing.
He gets too wide on contain every now and then, but overall hes not doing a bad job against misdirection....his tape so far this year shows him doing a pretty good job of playing his assignment.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes he would lol.

AAV of other players doesn't matter - % of cap does. At the same % of cap as Bosa, the number is close to $42m. $40m would be taking the second-highest contract.
No way would he get close to $50 million on the open market, which is what you claimed in your previous post. The Cowboys would be very reluctant to pay him what he’s going to be asking for if he were to tear his ACL and our defense continues to play poorly all season. It can take a complete season for a player to return to form after an ACL, if they ever do return the form and he’s talking about retiring at 30. Nick Bosa is the highest paid defensive player and his average salary is $34 million per season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yes he would lol.

AAV of other players doesn't matter - % of cap does. At the same % of cap as Bosa, the number is close to $42m. $40m would be taking the second-highest contract.
It blows my mind after all the Dak contract arguments that people still dont understand % of the cap. $40M is probably the lowe end of a Parsons contract.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
you should go watch the last run by Lamar to ice the game again
Yea, you're wrong. It was the fake Jet Sweep.

Micah was lined up as a 4i and got pushed by a double. Wilson and Liufau BOTH bit on the fake jet sweep and blew the gap assignment. If either one of them was home, the play goes nowhere.

You're making things up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He would get every bit of $40M, honestly $40M is probably a discounted rate by the time Parsons signs his extension. Ultimately though you have this idea that because the Dallas defense is having a bad year that Parsons is having a bad year too, and its just not accurate. All of his advanced metrics are right in line with his career numbers, and his tape really isnt bad at all.
He could possibly get $40 million per season, but not after a torn ACL. However, he could still surpass Nick Bosa, who’s currently making $34 million per season. It’s far from a guarantee that Jerry will want to pay him what he’s asking for if he has a down year and the defense continues to play poorly. CeeDee was coming off a career year and he still had a hold out to get his money.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I know I don't see excuses being made for a future highest paid non qb. I KNOW that's not what I'm seeing. Excuses? Sounds very Cowboy to me

Steve007

Reaction score
He used to make bold moves. However, it wouldn’t shock me if they attempt to trade Parsons after the season if we have a bad year. The season he’s currently having isn’t going to warrant the huge contract he’s going to be looking for. He’s headed for a down year along with the defense. Not many fans are going to want to pay him if the defense ends up one of the worst in history and his sack numbers are down. Even the Joneses are going to be apprehensive to pay him what he’s looking for if that happens.
I would be shocked if they traded Parsons. When was the last time they traded one of their stars?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He could possibly get $40 million per season, but not after a torn ACL. However, he could still surpass Nick Bosa, who’s currently making $34 million per season. It’s far from a guarantee that Jerry will want to pay him what he’s asking for if he has a down year and the defense continues to play poorly.
Honestly its not really worth the hypothetical argument. My guess is teams would worry more about the structure of the deal and create an out after year 2 in case he doesnt return to form instead of giving him a lower AAV, but again this is pretty low on my give a damn list so Ill respectfully bow out of this part of the debate.

tm1119

Reaction score
Boggles my mind how this board loves to blame just the best players on the team.

How about this crazy idea…get some other decent players around him?

Every LB and S on this roster is mediocre at best

Diggs isn’t himself yet and Bland is hurt. Carson isn’t close to a starting level player yet.

DLaw is the only other player on the DLine that is worth a damn and he’s a shell of his former self

And I know…”We can’t get other good players after paying Micah because of the cap monster!” We could, we just have an incompetent front office that doesn’t want to.

Havic

Reaction score
We should have cut dak, traded lamb and parsons and reset entirely for 2025

HungryLion

Reaction score
We need pieces up front. Unless we solidify the DL, Parsons will continue to be taken out of plays. It would be a risky move to trade him and I wouldn’t have been on board with it a couple of years ago. I would’ve probably said someone is crazy wanting to trade him but as terrible as our defense is with him and how it ineffective he’s been, it’s time to look for a trade. He’s undersized, he gets held a lot and he wears down. He’s not going to have the kind of season that warrants him to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. Naturally we would have to nail the picks but the way it’s going, paying him will prevent us from adding quality pieces to the defense. He’s simply not making our defense better.

I hear you, but This is an FO that has either refused to or failed to upgrade the best of the DL for decades. What makes you think they’ll actually successfully improve the DL with the picks you get from a Micah trade?

They probably just draft more busts.

At least with Micah you know you have an elite pass rusher.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would be shocked if they traded Parsons. When was the last time they traded one of their stars?
I would be surprised if they traded him
but not shocked if he has a down year along with the team. You would have to go back to the Herschel Walker trade as the last time Jerry traded one of the stars. Walker wasn’t providing anything in the running game and the Cowboys were having a bad year. What we’re going through is similar, although the overall team isn’t nearly as bad as the 89 team, however the defense may be worse.