Trade Parsons

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s where most of his sacks are coming from. It’s the games that we’re dominating in. He’s not getting them against contending teams in critical situations. He’s not changing games. His playoff numbers are pretty troubling when you consider his four game total of only one sack and 4 QB hits. We’re 1-3 in those games and our defense has been the biggest issue. He had 5 QB hits in the opener against a Cleveland team that we were jumping all over. In the games against quality teams the last two weeks, ZERO sacks and only one QB hit. He’s not a leader like Ray Lewis, who could fire their defense up.

Granted he’s a great player, but he’s undersized and he’s not making our defense better. I’ve seen some regression in his play because teams know how to defend him. The first couple of seasons, I would’ve never suggested trading him. Someone mentioned trading him and I thought they were crazy. However, last season and how things have started off this season have made me totally change my position. All the talking he does on podcasts aren’t helping. I never see him trying to fire up his teammates. He just stands on the sidelines sucking air when we need him on the field.
I don't necessarily blame Micah. Our "GM" does not believe or comprehend complimentary football.

He believes if we have the highest paid pass rusher, QB and WR, we don't need anymore help on the DLIne, a run game or another WR.

We are a 1 demential team in so many different ways.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That goes for both sides if the ball
If you’re going to be honest, you have to admit the defense has been our biggest problem. It’s been our biggest detriment in the big games especially our run defense. Right now it’s historically bad. I’m a heck of a lot more confident in our offense than our defense and it’s not even close. We showed yesterday we can score but we’re having to dig out of too big of holes because we can’t stop anyone. You have little to no chance of winning a football game when you give up 270 yards rushing. We’ve given up just under 500 rushing yards the past two weeks. That’s insane! When the defense has stepped up, especially when we force turnovers we’re a completely different football team.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No idea who would be interested at this stage but there would be quite a bit of interest. A haul would be a couple of first round picks and a third, along with a starting player. Unlikely we could get that much for him, but who knows. Dangle him out there and see what the offers are.
1st round draft picks are more necessary than ever because they offer the opportunity to add significant talent with a degree of cost control for four or five years. Parsons would be significant talent with no cost control. Every team has all of their future first round picks. That’s not coincidence. That’s prudent management. Not a chance a team would offer multiple firsts. No team will offer one first round pick for Micah Parsons. If he were worth what you indicated the Cowboys would want to keep him. Every team understands that.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Micah is the defenses best player.

If you trade him. The defense would get considerably worse immediately.

Just so we are clear.

I’m not sure why people want to get rid of a top 3 pass rusher in the league, because he is just “ok” against the run. (He’s not even the main problem with the run defense).
Top 3 pass rushers don't completely disappear in the playoffs. 1 sack in 4 playoff games. You play good teams in the playoffs. He disappears in these moments. What you are describing is a good player can can stack up stats against lesser teams, which is what he does. He performs best when we have big leads and the opposing teams go into pass mode. He can rear back and just rush the passer with no pressure on him.

People get blinded by his stats and these cute little awards they hand out. vs actually seeing how he accumulates his production. When we need him most to just make any sort of play to ignite the defense, nothing. This goes back to the GB playoff game.

He puts himself out of position so often with his reckless approach to rushing the passer. He creates huge voids in the defense the QB can easily just step up into it for an easier completion or take off running for a gain. He has no real discipline.

The definition of a one trick pony that teams are starting to figure out how to neutralize easier and easier.

raven55

Reaction score
a lot of delusional fans out there think we will make the wild card. Got news for you we won't even make the play offs the head coach hamburger mike is beyond help, the defensive coach has nothing and the team is make up like the owner with no heart or guts and every one is talking about the come back the ravens were ibn prevent and still the 4th round qb couldn't get it done

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
a lot of delusional fans out there think we will make the wild card. Got news for you we won't even make the play offs the head coach hamburger mike is beyond help, the defensive coach has nothing and the team is make up like the owner with no heart or guts and every one is talking about the come back the ravens were ibn prevent and still the 4th round qb couldn't get it done
Then what good was it signing a wide receiver and a quarterback?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Top 3 pass rushers don't completely disappear in the playoffs. 1 sack in 4 playoff games.
Why do you people keep saying this? Dallas' offense can't get anything done in the playoffs, so there are no sack opportunities - same thing as NO and BAL.

It isn't smart to say things like this. It just means you don't know what you're talking about.

He also lived in the backfield against GB lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a chance a team would offer multiple firsts.
There’s teams that would offer a couple of firsts for Parsons. In 2020 the Raiders traded Khalil Mack for a couple of first round picks, a 3rd rounder and a sixth round pick. Parsons is at least a year younger than Mack when the Raiders made that trade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Come on you can do better than that. That’s your thought process. I don’t believe it. Something needs to be done. You tell me what it is.
There wasn’t anything that needed be said after your comment. The emoji said it all.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Whens the last time Jerry traded a player and got good value?

The cowboys will drag their feet on his extension to the point where he plays on the franchise tag and hits the market the following year before they trade him.

Jerry will not trade a player of his status that was drafted by this organization.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Every team besides the Dallas Cowboys build from the trenches out. Why would a team give up quality Line players for a situational pass rusher.
Been saying this for years. We built outside in on defense. We love the DE's and DB's. But ignore and go cheap up the middle. Which is why we get ran on constantly. We generate no pressure up the middle. QBs hate pressure up the middle, as its very hard to get away from. Pressure from the edge, they have more options to avoid. And our LB play is very subpar. But we love the flashy stats, sacks and INTs. Our defense is feast or famine. If we aren't getting sacks and turnovers in abundance, we are terrible. There is no middle ground. And most of those come against bad teams, who aren't going to be who you are facing come playoff time, at least not in the later rounds. At some point, you are going to need to stop an offense without getting a ton of turnovers. Getting off the field on 3rd down early in the drive. Creating pressure to have the QB throw it away. Make some stuffs up front to shut down the run. Our defense is terrible at these.

I equate this defense to those bad Texas Rangers teams in the 2000s. All they were good at was the HR ball. But nothing else besides that, which is why they were bad. At some point, you have to find other ways to win and produce than just hitting it out the park. This defense looks awesome when teams like the Jets and Giants are coughing it up every other drive. They are front runners. When the other team hits them in the mouth, they fold.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
i agree with this they hsould of never payed cd lamb either

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Parsons is on record calling out this FO saying he wanted a beast on the DL in front of him. He wanted the FO to show him they want to win as bad as he does.

Personally. As someone that has competed in many different things. I dont blame him for how he is acting currently.

If your bosses dont care. Why should you? The person on the field risking their life every down. The goal is a championship. This FO showed the entire team they dont care about winning. I made a thread about its effect on the locker room.

What I said back in April is starting to show.
I disagree with why he should care.

Leaders led by example. Maybe the defense would go all out if their leader gave his all.

As far as not caring because Jerry doesn't is what creates this country club atmosphere.

Where is the pride? Where is the want to be a champion? You compete hard and become one if the best players in the league you get paid and have leverage if you want to be traded or sign with another team.

The attitude about not caring has destroyed this franchise.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What happens if we had like the sixth overall pic and other first round picks in our back pocket because we traded lamb possibly Parsons
We had the sixth overall pick once and we ended up with Morris Claiborne who ended up being a bust. No way would I trade CeeDee. He’s clearly made our offense better and he was coming off a career year. Parsons isn’t making our defense better and is currently having a down year.