Trade Parsons

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
28 years tells you it wont be fixed, for the same reason it has not been fixed in 28 years....
Frustrating, isn’t it? Jerry likes the sexy part of the game sacks. But that’s not what wins that’s just glory for him. He gets off on it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I know the past two weeks have been awful.....and it feels bad.....because it is bad....

But as we sit here with 14 games left to play, 17 teams will have the same or worse record than the Cowboys regardless of the results of the two Monday Night games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fourth-quarter in yesterday‘s game, they actually played with some urgency, some moxie, maybe that’s the start of the beginning. I’m just frustrated. We’re better than this. We didn’t even fight against the Saints. Eagles front four destroyed them. They have men on the line we have pinballs.
They started playing with some urgency because they were being embarrassed again. We look like a 6-7 win team at best right now. The defense can’t get any worse than it is now. Well if it improves but even if it does I’ll be surprised if we win 9 games or more.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There’s teams that would offer a couple of firsts for Parsons. In 2020 the Raiders traded Khalil Mack for a couple of first round picks, a 3rd rounder and a sixth round pick. Parsons is at least a year younger than Mack when the Raiders made that trade.
It was a regrettable trade. GMs are in no itching hurry to repeat mistakes previous GMs have made. And the wildly escalating salaries for QBs, WRs, and edge rushers in the contemporary NFL make first round drafts picks more valuable, and necessary, than they were even just five years ago. That’s why no team in the league has traded any of their future firsts. They are needed to effectively add talent while properly managing player compensation in deference to the salary cap.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They started playing with some urgency because they were being embarrassed again. We look like a 6-7 win team at best right now. The defense can’t get any worse than it is now. Well if it improves but even if it does I’ll be surprised if we win 9 games or more.
I predicted nine and seven, I’m still going with it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started the thread with the answer. Trade Parsons! Try and add some pieces on the DL and at RB.
told you, just frustrated. You don’t think level when you’re frustrated. Everything’s good cowboy brother.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
told you, just frustrated. You don’t think level when you’re frustrated. Everything’s good cowboy brother.
Some here need to take a deep breath before they post, especially immediately after games. However, we wouldn’t have as many laughs here if fans didn’t post so emotionally after a loss.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some here need to take a deep breath before they post, especially immediately after games. However, we wouldn’t have as many laughs here if fans didn’t post so emotionally after a loss.
Football is a very emotional game, lol. I take it seriously. But you’re right level heads succeeded.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Football is a very emotional game, lol. I take it seriously. But you’re right level heads succeeded.
We’re all passionate about the Cowboys, or we wouldn’t be on this board posting and expressing our opinions. However, I try not to take it too seriously.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We all take it pretty seriously, or we wouldn’t be on this board posting and complaining.
I wouldn’t say all of us. There’s some pretty strange people here posting, someone just said your team. And I was like well. It’s your team too infiltrator

gtb1943

Reaction score
It was a regrettable trade. GMs are in no itching hurry to repeat mistakes previous GMs have made. And the wildly escalating salaries for QBs, WRs, and edge rushers in the contemporary NFL make first round drafts picks more valuable, and necessary, than they were even just five years ago. That’s why no team in the league has traded any of their future firsts. They are needed to effectively add talent while properly managing player compensation in deference to the salary cap.
BS. IT certainly can happen again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say all of us. There’s some pretty strange people here posting, someone just said your team. And I was like well. It’s your team too infiltrator
Even some of the strange ones are emotional about the team. Their emotions show how strange they really are when they believe the league is fixed and everything is bent against the Cowboys. There is fans that actually believe the Cowboys haven’t won a championship in almost 30 years because of a bias against them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
H

Even some of the strange ones are emotional about the team. Their emotions show how strange they really are when they believe the league is fixed and everything is bent against the Cowboys. There is fans that actually believe the Cowboys haven’t won a championship in almost 30 years because of a bias against them. :rolleyes:
well, I cannot remember us ever before getting so many favorable calls as we did in that game.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
BS. IT certainly can happen again
Improbable at best. And in Parsons case it will never happen. The reasons the Cowboys have for not wanting to retain him would be the same reasons no team would want to acquire him, plus they’d have to pay him substantially more than Cowboys do now. His poor performance in these first three games in conjunction with his looming salary demands make him un-tradable, if you’re being honest.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you’re going to be honest, you have to admit the defense has been our biggest problem. It’s been our biggest detriment in the big games especially our run defense. Right now it’s historically bad. I’m a heck of a lot more confident in our offense than our defense and it’s not even close. We showed yesterday we can score but we’re having to dig out of too big of holes because we can’t stop anyone. You have little to no chance of winning a football game when you give up 270 yards rushing. We’ve given up just under 500 rushing yards the past two weeks. That’s insane! When the defense has stepped up, especially when we force turnovers we’re a completely different football team.
If you consistently give up 25+ points you are not a legit playoff team.

Sully

Reaction score
He’s not making our defense better and has been a virtual no show so far this season. He’ll be looking for close to $40 million per season next year. He’ll be a training camp holdout. He only has one sack in our first 3 games and opponents have figured out how to neutralize him. He’ll be lucky to have double digit sacks this season with teams running the ball all day. He’s not making as many eye popping plays as he did his first couple of seasons and he continues to wear down. It’s just been reported our run defense is the worst through 3 games in the last 60 years in the NFL. Parsons says he only wants to play until he’s 30. He’s talking about being in the Olympics in four years. He doesn’t love football. We need to see what kind of haul we could get for him in a trade. We need to build the DL with a solid DT and add a quality RB.
I said trade Parsons, Lambs and Dak 2 years ago. Load up on draft picks and avoid these massive, record breaking contracts. Football is a TEAM sport and with all these huge deals, you are left with unproven, undrafted rookies. Not to mention, this team has not even gotten to a NFC Conference game WITH these players, so why reward them?