Trade Up For Vita Vea?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
stay put for.....PAYNE!!!!

Payne has 10 career TFLs.

That's over three years. 5 of those came in the playoffs in which he had the advantage of playing for Bama and going all three years.

Think about that if he hadnt made the playoffs, likr 98% of prospects, he'd had 5 TFLs over 3 years (39 games). Thats one TFL every 8 games against inferior opponenets.

I can't get behind him in the 1st, much less at 19. He would be a production anomaly when it comes to 1st rounders.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
NOPE....don't trade up for VEA.
There's no tape or anything other than his weight that says he'll be any better than any of the top 5 DT's. That's not a knock on him, just an argument for patience.

Don't trade up at all unless you're completely enamored with a S or WR and he's already dropped to within 4-5 slots.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why? We already have 10 picks and they arent all making the team as it is?

You want to waste more picks on players that won't make it?
Dunno about you,but we better bring in as much talent as possible in this draft because the Iggles and the rest of our division is getting better. Status Quo wont work. So YES...if need be, TRADE DOWN...then we can trade some picks for a possible player currently on an NFL ROSTER. I say accumulate picks and package some for maneuvering the roster. Remember,these draft choices are currency.

RandyOh

Reaction score
If a QB starts to fall why would they wait for the 19th pick to trade up? They would do that closer to 15 IMO.
I think you would need to get ahead of the Cards at 15 because they are a team whos major need is QB as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think you would need to get ahead of the Cards at 15 because they are a team whos major need is QB as well.
Mason Rudolph or Kyle Laletta is intriguing. Either can be had in round 3.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I jive-like agree with trading up for Vea for a couple reasons,Vea would fit& legitimize our D-Link so perfectly. He would be the perfect pick for us but only if the compensation is not too much& too much for me is anything more than a 3rd round pick. Now where I assumed we would have to trade up to is @least 12 with Cincinnati because if still available@13 Washington will select him, this I know trust! & I really don't think u can get to 12 without forking over @ least a 2nd

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm not sure why there is any hesitation on giving up a 2nd rounder to move up (James for me).

We generally throw away 2nd round picks on players that are either injured, have character concerns or play TE so it'd be a wash!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This year I think there are going to be some very good players still on the board at 50. I wouldn't let that pick go....not for anyone in the draft.

I'd rather give up a 3 and 4, but not #50.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dunno about you,but we better bring in as much talent as possible in this draft because the Iggles and the rest of our division is getting better. Status Quo wont work. So YES...if need be, TRADE DOWN...then we can trade some picks for a possible player currently on an NFL ROSTER. I say accumulate picks and package some for maneuvering the roster. Remember,these draft choices are currency.

Yes they need to bring in talent! Thats why you draft good players, and dont cut them.

Already have 10 picks, no need to trade down.

Trading down for more picks, and ultimately having to cut them is not what the "iggles" would do.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I'm not sure why there is any hesitation on giving up a 2nd rounder to move up (James for me).

We generally throw away 2nd round picks on players that are either injured, have character concerns or play TE so it'd be a wash!
Derwin would have to fall to pick 11 for that to happen. I’m worried about the Bucs taking him before that. If he slips past them though, I think Chicago, SF and Oakland will go elsewhere and Derwin would be available for us to trade up.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I truly want Vea & would be beyond pleased if we could somehow get him but since our front office isn't the brightest Crayon in the Crayola& don't covet DT's & more likely to get one in the 6th round.i definitely would like Derwin James or Roquan Smith& that's about it as far as defensive players in the 1st round. There's no other impact players on the defensive side of the ball that would get any substantial playing time with what we have. Now offense is another story with in itself. I'm strictly referring to defensive players that would impact our defense from day 1

conner01

Reaction score
I'd def trade up for Derwin and would probably move up a few sports for Vea
Moving up a few spots for either is a good move
Just don’t give up the 50 pick
My gut tells me neither will be in that range though

sdfidaho

Reaction score

Argh!!!
I want to say don't trade up for anyone, because there is real value in rounds 2 and 3 in this draft at multiple positions of need. And it is a 2 and/or 3 you will have to give up to move up.
But there is this history of ignorance with our 2nd round picks that says.....oh hell, just go ahead and do it!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Argh!!!
I want to say don't trade up for anyone, because there is real value in rounds 2 and 3 in this draft at multiple positions of need. And it is a 2 and/or 3 you will have to give up to move up.
But there is this history of ignorance with our 2nd round picks that says.....oh hell, just go ahead and do it!

I'll throw another wrench in the sitch...

Say we throw the 2nd round tender on Irving and someone scoops him up and we get ANOTHER 2nd rounder.

At that point is trading up an automatic yes? Man for me it is.

sdfidaho

Reaction score

Say we throw the 2nd round tender on Irving and someone scoops him up and we get ANOTHER 2nd rounder.

Not automatic, but I’d be prepared to pull the trigger.
And yes, I hope it is a 2nd round tender for Irving.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Washington’s Vita Vea has so far shown well at the combine (225lbs x 41, 5.10secs / 40yds).

The latest NFL.com mock has him going at #17, but he could go higher.

Say, come draft day, he’s still on the board at #15. Would he be worth trading up for?

Opinions?

Listen to me, bro. You don't have to agree but remember I said this. If Vita Vea is on the board at 19 the Cowboys won't draft him. It's a waste of time to even think about it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

That changes everything fo sho