Trade Up For Vita Vea?

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I literally just said in what you quoted, "I know sacks aren't everything." Come on man...

To each their own, I don't see Vea ever being anything more than a great run defender, and I'm not trading up for that.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I literally just said in what you quoted, "I know sacks aren't everything." Come on man...

To each their own, I don't see Vea ever being anything more than a great run defender, and I'm not trading up for that.
He's a fantastic pass rusher

You're gonna have to watch him to see what we mean

cnuball21

Reaction score

That's good, then you should understand the importance of how many pressures he was able to create last year!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wasnt aware of this, but it's not surprising given Vea's insane athleticism.

Vea played a bunch of RB in high school hahahahha

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Vea played 108 of his 532 snaps at DE this past year.
That's insane.

A 340 pounder that the coaches liked as a pass rusher enough to lign him up outside like that.

Color me super intrigued.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Vea played 108 of his 532 snaps at DE this past year.
That's insane.

A 340 pounder that the coaches liked as a pass rusher enough to lign him up outside like that.

Color me super intrigued.

Don't they play a hybrid 34? If so, still not a pass rusher.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I saw him live 2 or 3 times and have watched his tape. I don't see it.

Yeah watching players live outside of QBs and RBs dont mean anything. When people go to watch games, they dont key in on a certain player so they dont really know how a player performed.

Go watch him against Stanford, you'll see what you've been missing.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
They play 43 base, typically early downs then switch to 34.

Yeah he was a pass rusher.

Even if it was only 34 they have him at DE, not NT, proving my point they wanted him rushing the passer.
I agree with you & can tell u Kno a little about football,he's a run-stuffer& he can pass rush. people like the other poster who ur debating are like the people in our front office that just don't get Football, they watch it but they don't get from a " football point of view",because this is obviously a weakness of ours& whether to address it with probably a generational type talent, they rely on this archaic way of thinking that never manifest itself in anything prominent. Continuing to address a problem with Late round picks& late round talent u get the results we've gotten over the years We practice a behavior that in the last 22 years has us with 2 playoff wins while Nick Foles of all Qb's has more playoff victories this year alone than our entire organization in the better part of 2 decades& there's many factors of why that is...this thinking is one of em;'-)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I agree with you & can tell u Kno a little about football,he's a run-stuffer& he can pass rush. people like the other poster who ur debating are like the people in our front office that just don't get Football, they watch it but they don't get from a " football point of view",because this is obviously a weakness of ours& whether to address it with probably a generational type talent, they rely on this archaic way of thinking that never manifest itself in anything prominent. Continuing to address a problem with Late round picks& late round talent u get the results we've gotten over the years We practice a behavior that in the last 22 years has us with 2 playoff wins while Nick Foles of all Qb's has more playoff victories this year alone than our entire organization in the better part of 2 decades& there's many factors of why that is...this thinking is one of em;'-)

I dont think the other poster is doing anything wrong, he just might see the player differently than us.

I like Vea, a lot. He likes Vea enough to take him at 19, but not enough to trade up.

I have a feeling that if he's willing to take him at 19, that the other poster knows Vea is not just a run stuffer. Once he watches the Stanford tape, it might just change his mind on the trade up.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They play 43 base, typically early downs then switch to 34.

Yeah he was a pass rusher.

Even if it was only 34 they have him at DE, not NT, proving my point they wanted him rushing the passer.

34 DE's aren't usually known as pass rushers, depending on the scheme. So no, point not proven. Marcus Spears was a 34 DE for Dallas. Was that because of his pass rushing ability?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah watching players live outside of QBs and RBs dont mean anything. When people go to watch games, they dont key in on a certain player so they dont really know how a player performed.

Go watch him against Stanford, you'll see what you've been missing.

I've seen the Stanford tape.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

So I'm like the people who actually do this for a living, but we "dont know football." Meanwhile, you're armchair GMing Super Bowls, huh?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I dont think the other poster is doing anything wrong, he just might see the player differently than us.

I like Vea, a lot. He likes Vea enough to take him at 19, but not enough to trade up.

I have a feeling that if he's willing to take him at 19, that the other poster knows Vea is not just a run stuffer. Once he watches the Stanford tape, it might just change his mind on the trade up.

Exactly. I would have no problem with the guy at 19. I'm just not trading up for him.

Let me also be clear, I think he will be able to push the pocket in the pros and make plays, I just don't think he'll be a consistent pass rusher. He's not gonna manhandled NFL OG's like he has in college.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Just Google his name and pressures...

I'll go dig it up if you need me to but should be orettt easy for you.

I'll check it out. I ask that because different people use different measures and some are pretty egregious.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
we should trade down for a pair of second rounders, than we can draft two injured players