News: Trevor Lawrence and the Jags have agreed to a 5-year, $275M extension

Flamma

Reaction score
If social media had been what it is today, there's no doubt he would have been called one. I know there were calls back then to let Walsh start instead of Aikman the next year since Walsh led us to our only victory.
That turned out to be good for the Cowboys. Walsh wasn't anything like Aiman, but Jimmy played him up. Didn't we get a 1st rounder for him? LOL he was an ok QB, but not worth a 1st round pick.

I remember chatter about Elway choking in SBs. How do you come to that conclusion when his teams never stood a chance against vastly superior opponents?

Flamma

Reaction score
No it’s not more than that. It’s football 101. When you’re getting physically dominated you get the lack of effort.
Let me ask you something. Do you think we improved in that area? That should have woken our front office up, but I don't think that it did.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That turned out to be good for the Cowboys. Walsh wasn't anything like Aiman, but Jimmy played him up. Didn't we get a 1st rounder for him? LOL he was an ok QB, but not worth a 1st round pick.

I remember chatter about Elway choking in SBs. How do you come to that conclusion when his teams never stood a chance against vastly superior opponents?
Well, we spent a first on him in the supplemental draft, but we got a 1, 2 and 3 back so it turned out well. Thankfully, the team wasn't like our fans and didn't blame the 1-15 record on Aikman. Did Aikman contribute to that record? Absolutely. He had 9 TDs to 18 ints. and a 52.9 completion percentage, but it was easy to see that he didn't have the parts around him to succeed.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Importance or your skill level only go so far. Think of the money stream. Are you adding to it? Or are you subtracting from it? Police and teachers are very important. But they are subtracting. They're not making anyone any money. They're taking money for a service.

If you provide a service which makes your employer money. The more money they make, the more money you'll make.

You can't not allow someone to make a certain amount of money. Because someone will always pay it anyway. Interestingly enough, the King of England tried to do that back in the 14th century when peasants were in high demand due to there being so few of them after the plague. Of course it didn't work.
Hospitals charge patients (or at least their insurances) crazy amounts of money for surgeries/medical procedures. There is money to be made there…

However, the sports world is just unnecessarily greedy. Fans don’t need to be charged hundreds of dollars for crappy seats just so the teams can pay average QBs 40+ million dollars a year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Hospitals charge patients (or at least their insurances) crazy amounts of money for surgeries/medical procedures. There is money to be made there…

However, the sports world is just unnecessarily greedy. Fans don’t need to be charged hundreds of dollars for crappy seats just so the teams can pay average QBs 40+ million dollars a year.
Going to a ball game is optional. Surgery isn’t. When you’re being charged a lot when you have no choice is more difficult than when you decide to pay for fun.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Happy Trails to Dak and all you Dak lovers might want to follow him to his next team and expect the same results.
When you are making a career being carried by your teammates and beating sub-.500 teams for 8 seasons does not warrant top 10 QB $.
Jerry will be laughing as this charade finally comes to an end!!!!!
Name 3 Signature wins of Dak in the last 5 seasons.
Anyone dare??????????????

Just 3?????????????????????????????????????

QB with talent............

QB that are frauds............
rfmlrtzq4mz8np5joogo.jpg

The result..............
sddefault.jpg

Dude, your hatred of Dak is reaching hysterical levels.

Did he bang your chick or something?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Some people on or outside this site ignore or do not understand basic economics. And 'slowly learning' means finally accepting every 'merit-based pay' argument should disappear from that person's own talking points. If-and-until that happens, no learning has happened and the "I'm shocked!", "No way!", "Wow!" interpretations shall continue.
Excellent point DallasEast........................most posters do not understand the concept of "next QB up gets paid".

That is why the longer you wait, the higher the price goes, because as more and more QBs sign on the dotted line the baseline keeps moving up.

The baseline for Dak is now $55 million........rumors are that Tua is close to being the "next man up", so expect that baseline to soon be $57-$58 million a year after Tua.

If that price is too rich for the Cowboys, they can let Dak walk...............That is the only option at this point, they either pay market or name a new starter, no other options exist.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak is not an elite QB. He's not Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady. Or Dan Marino. Everyone on the planet knows this. You talk about not knowing football? You sound like someone that thought changing the pressure in a football gave a competitive advantage. That issue alone told everyone who did and didn't play football. Dak is a middling QB that needs allstar talent around him to look even decent. No way he's worth 60M a year. Maybe half that if you want to win a championship.
This is not how the NFL works.............using your definition, no more than a handfull of QBs would ever get paid, but that is not what we are seeing in the NFL.

Is Josh Allen elite?
Is Lamar Jackson elite?
Is Jared Golf elite?
Is Trevor Lawrence elite?
Is Justin Herbert elite?
Is Jalen Hurts elite?

All these QBs above have gotten new mega contracts, literally all of them in the hundreds of millions of dollars. I would argue that none of them are on the same level as Rodgers, Manning, or Brady, yet they all got paid. That is how the system works under the current CBA the owners agreed to. You dont have to be one of the best QBs of all time to get paid, that thinking is just fantasy land. And Dak, like the others above, will indeed get paid a market contract as well. Maybe with Dallas, maybe by somebody else, but he will be getting paid by somebody because his salary this year is $45 million. How do you think he would not make more than that if he could negotiate with every team in the league. That makes no sense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, your hatred of Dak is reaching hysterical levels.

Did he bang your chick or something?
Sick stuff from a Dakdavidian.
Anyway don't you worry about me as Hate has nothing to do with the ineptness at QB that is keeping us from glory.
Now look after your Chick as it seems you have experience with what you're referring to.
My condolences................
P.S. Where are the 3 signature wins of Daks.......post them man if you got em????

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Is Dak Prescott part of that team? Does he play the most i.portant position on the team? If yes then that record is as much his achievement as anyone else.

As for the rest of this claim of the market blah blah, just because a market exists doesn't mean you have to participate. More so when you consider that he is not thr person who is going to be a difference maker when it really matters. So if you think anyone pays any qb that amount for him to beat up crap teams then yea pay him otherwise you don't.
Well, using this logic it can be said that Lamb is not a difference maker and neither is Mica Parsons...............what exactly have with won with those two?

So, if the argument is Dak should not be paid because he has not won anything, then its only fair to apply the same standard to Lamb and Parsons, right?

Fair is fair, correct? We are only going to pay difference makers and neither Lamb or Parsons are that because we have not won anything other than division titles with them and honestly, we were winning division titles before those two showed up.

So, somebody explain to me why Lamb should be the highest paid WR in the league and Parsons the highest paid defensive player in the league when neither of them are so-called difference makers, just like Dak. Because I am not following the argument that "Dak has not won anything, dont pay him" but at the same time the same posters have no problem paying Lamb and Parsons. They have been on the same field as Dak and contributed to winning jack, just like Dak. So, why pay them and not Dak?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sick stuff from a Dakdavidian.
Anyway don't you worry about me as Hate has nothing to do with the ineptness at QB that is keeping us from glory.
Now look after your Chick as it seems you have experience with what you're referring to.
My condolences................
P.S. Where are the 3 signature wins of Daks.......post them man if you got em????
I am not doing your homework for you dude and frankly you are beginning to bore the hell out of me at this point.

I need to find somebody with a higher IQ to debate with, this is like trying to have a debate with somebody in elementary school:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you realize what you're saying? You're describing situations that happen in high school and college. Are you saying this 9-8 team did that to us? Because if that's true, that's the worst case scenario.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. And record has nothing to do with it when you walk on that field man on man. Cowboys got physically dominated. Hence the score.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Do you think we improved in that area? That should have woken our front office up, but I don't think that it did.
I do think they improved in that area. Both Guyton and Bebee are suppose to be “don’t take no ****” players. So yes, it did wake up the FO. Where have you been?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not doing your homework for you dude and frankly you are beginning to bore the hell out of me at this point.

I need to find somebody with a higher IQ to debate with, this is like trying to have a debate with somebody in elementary school:laugh:
3 signature Dak wins in the past 5 years............Keyword.........Signature.
Do you have them?????????????????????????????????????????
P.S. And you want us to give him 50 + million ehhhh?????????????

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
3 signature Dak wins in the past 5 years............Keyword.........Signature.
Do you have them?????????????????????????????????????????
P.S. And you want us to give him 50 + million ehhhh?????????????
I could list several wins I consider to be "signiture", but you would just move the goal post and say they dont count. You want an example?

Beating Tom Brady and the Bucs coming off a SB win.............on the road, the first road playoff win by Dallas since 1992.

Your response........."Tom Brady was a shell of his former self, the Bucs were old and washed up, they were barely a .500 team, that 1st playoff road victory in decades doesnt count".

So, its not worth my time to give you a list of games I consider to be big wins for Dak because you will just automatically dismiss every one of them, aint that right bro?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could list several wins I consider to be "signiture", but you would just move the goal post and say they dont count. You want an example?

Beating Tom Brady and the Bucs coming off a SB win.............on the road, the first road playoff win by Dallas since 1992.

Your response........."Tom Brady was a shell of his former self, the Bucs were old and washed up, they were barely a .500 team, that 1st playoff road victory in decades doesnt count".

So, its not worth my time to give you a list of games I consider to be big wins for Dak because you will just automatically dismiss every one of them, aint that right bro?
Beating an 8-9 team is not what most folks would consider a signature win.
Heck, I'll give it to you though.
Now 2 more?
Gonna be tough as Dakko only beats up on dogs but see if you can find them as after all you want us to extend him for 50+ million a year.