Trey Lance and Cooper Rush are competing for a roster spot?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats what I think every time I jump into these threads.
I love the speculation at this point, sometimes gives a different perspective that I haven't already thought of, rarely but does occur.
I concur. If I wanted an echo chamber this is NOT the place. On occasion...a rational thinking person can say "hmmm never thought of that....that's a good point!"

It's a good technique for life not just here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I concur. If I wanted an echo chamber this is NOT the place. On occasion...a rational thinking person can say "hmmm never thought of that....that's a good point!"

It's a good technique for life not just here.
I have been around a while and have still never blocked a single person in this forum.
Maybe that is part of my problem... lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ok, so he will ride the pine as QB2 in the future.
You tell me Nostradamus; I love the speculation but what I love more than that is actually having some legit competition at the most important position on the entire team.
Everyone should be wanting to see positive growth from Lance, his progression.
If a 4th cost us a swing and a miss so be it, but I hope that Lance shines like polished silver during PS games.
I want draft pick compensation or confident future starting status understood rather quickly, Jerry and Son better step up their slow roll contract approach because
they have been irresponsible with several recent contracts.
Doesn't mean you can get out of the tab, but you can get out, just going to ding the cap hard and eat it.

Edit...
Can't eat the steak and then send back the bone saying you didn't like it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even if Lance wins the backup job, I have a tough time believing the Cowboys will move on from Cooper Rush. He helped keep their season of afloat a couple of years ago with 5 wins. Let’s say Dak gets injured and Lance doesn’t play well. They’ll need someone like Rush to turn to.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Even if Lance wins the backup job, I have a tough time believing the Cowboys will move on from Cooper Rush. He helped keep their season of afloat a couple of years ago with 5 wins. Let’s say Dak gets injured and Lance doesn’t play well. They’ll need someone like Rush to turn to.
This roster is lucky to have this depth at QB actually.
We will retain all three to a certain degree, so no worries there, and all I'm trying to say is we are not horrible at depth with QB when compared to most teams' rosters.
Rather good in fact.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will retain all three to a certain degree, so no worries there, and all I'm trying to say is we are not horrible at depth with QB when compared to most teams' rosters.
Rather good in fact.
"Lucky"......exactly!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You tell me Nostradamus; I love the speculation but what I love more than that is actually having some legit competition at the most important position on the entire team.
If a 4th cost us a swing and a miss so be it, but I hope that Lance shines like polished silver during PS games.
I want draft pick compensation or confident future starting status understood rather quickly, Jerry and Son better step up their slow roll contract approach because
Doesn't mean you can get out of the tab, but you can get out, just going to ding the cap hard and eat it.

Edit...
Nice Judge Judy reference. But yes, Lance doing well is nothing but good for the Cowboys. Lance hasn’t played much football at all which is why he’s struggled. Maybe he can take the next step, maybe he can’t and preseason games are going to go a long way in determining his future.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rather good in fact.
It’s going to come down to how good the Cowboys are this season as to whether either backup can function adequately if we need them. If the team isn’t very good it could be a struggle with our starting QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Edit...
It is not really possible for Trance to have negative growth. He started at the floor. Competition at QB2, that is stacked in Trance's favor with a majority of the reps, with a guaranteed salary double of Cooper Rush, and with crappy GM who wasted a 4th round pick and does not want to look embarrassed. If you call that legit competition, then I guess it is.

You can want whatever you want. Trance has zero trade value.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not really possible for Trance to have negative growth. He started at the floor. Competition at QB2, that is stacked in Trance's favor with a majority of the reps, with a guaranteed salary double of Cooper Rush, and with crappy GM who wasted a 4th round pick and does not want to look embarrassed. If you call that legit competition, then I guess it is.

You can want whatever you want. Trance has zero trade value.
There it is folks.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
There it is folks.
Did you expect anything different?

Remember, Dak never won a competition in camp/practice in his life either. He got the job due to injury and holding the fort down (like Rush did while he was injured) as a very conservative bus driver and because the same idiot GM Jethro and his future “Tom Landry” decided to ride a win streak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Remember, Dak never won a competition in camp/practice in his life either. He got the job due to injury and holding the fort down (like Rush did while he was injured) as a very conservative bus driver and because the same idiot GM Jethro and his future “Tom Landry” decided to ride a win streak.
I did not expect Mr. 6 to caveat and qualify his position with an "if". If Trey does make it, 6 says it's because "the deck was stacked in his favor".

It's surprising turn of events.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Remember Trance struggle to start in HS. Only had 55 completions.