Trey Lance deserves playing time in real games

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
He’ll get it eventually.

He needs to be solid in this last preseason game.

If he is the “We Want Lance” chats will be deafening anytime Dak makes a mistake this year.

This will be the first time in Dak’s career that he’ll have a QB behind him the crowd is rooting for.
Heck, I rooted for Cooper Rush. :)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yet they had not seen him in a game when they made that decision.
And picking up his option would have set the stage for another high payout the year after.
It was the smart move not to pick up his option and then get him under contract for three or four years while he is still unproven.
he has been in the league for 4 years. you see enough in practice to know. his accuracy. can he read defense. does he just dump the ball. does he miss wide open WRs....if he can't do it in practice. if he can't get it done in preseason, he won't be able to get it done in real games. he has to show something and so far he is nothing but a bus driver who is scared.

and again, if they didn't pick up his option, it tells you what they think....because if he was any good, then 31 teams will compete for his services. that alone tells you what they think. he is not worth 25M and he is not the future.

what do you expect to see in real games? him screwing him in tight situations!? that's what you get.

he has proven he is not a top level NFL QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How come Dak has not accepted the offer given to him? He said he deserved it. Greedy or what? Or is it the "next in line" thing he is waiting on?
what? this isn't about Dak, but I get it. he lives in your head 365x7x24x60x60....

who cares about Dak any more...

apprantley a lot of people who just can't get him out of their minds.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Watching Z.Wilson last night.... draft is a crap shoot. He was 2nd pick, right ahead of Lance

Green Bays 3rd stringer is better
Kid out of Tulsne, 7th round
Has Purdy taken a step back....rough outing.

If Lance isnt the answer....he sure is fooling MM and crew, they are investing alot of snsps in him.....just for a possible trade?
No, they are doing what GM Jethro has instructed them to do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what? this isn't about Dak, but I get it. he lives in your head 365x7x24x60x60....

who cares about Dak any more...

apprantley a lot of people who just can't get him out of their minds.
You were talking about contracts for Lance and I asked you a question about Dak's contract. But then you get all emotional. Are you scared about something?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You were talking about contracts for Lance and I asked you a question about Dak's contract. But then you get all emotional. Are you scared about something?
emotional about what? it ain't my money. you all take this sports entertainment way too seriously....balance your life kid

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
emotional about what? it ain't my money. you all take this sports entertainment way too seriously....balance your life kid
BOLD> Insults don't work for me, I'm not a kid. If what I highlighted what you typed, try to answer your own question before you try to give advice. Why are you on this forum? Don't hide it...

bigE79

Reaction score
This is pretty good through 2 preseason games for a “raw” QB.

Lances rankings through 2 preseason games:

Passing yards - 2nd
Completion percentage- 11th
Yards per game - 2nd
Passing TDs - tied for 3rd
INTs - 1st (zero INTs)
QB Rating - 9th

Rushing yards - 12th (1st in QBs)
Rushing YPG - 10th (1st in QBs)
Rushing TDs - tied for 2nd
Fumbles - 1st (zero fumbles)

Not to shabby.

The added fact that he makes Dak fans emotional nervous wrecks is just a bonus.
And just to be real,he's doing this while playing behind 2nd 3rd a 4th stringers although the raiders did play their 1st string for almost 3 quarters,I think Lance showed up well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And just to be real,he's doing this while playing behind 2nd 3rd a 4th stringers although the raiders did play their 1st string for almost 3 quarters,I think Lance showed up well.
Of course he did, the posters that disagree don't want to plan for the future and just keep up the same old same old.

As Cowboy fans, why not hope for the best going forward? Even if they were to make another mistake with the QB situation, they must have to have a plan for a new one.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How can the Cowboys bring him this far and just stop?
If they want to develop the kid he should get to keep building on what he's doing. If he continues to show improvement, he should get reps with the first string in a real game situation.
It may be time for the Cowboys to make the hard choice and commit to the future.
They could move him to # 2 then use him like NO uses taysom hill.
Few plays each game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Few plays each game.
Dak will be the starter and Lance will be watching and listening on the headphones, watching and learning.

If something were to go wrong with Dak, at least he is on the Cowboy team trying to do his best. Yeah, they said he is just an athlete not a QB, I think they could be wrong, but I'm not going to toss him over a cliff just yet...but others want to.

I wonder why that is?

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
We beat 3 struggling teams at that point in the season with our defense playing really well. We got absolutely embarrassed by your team in Philthy. And he was reason for that embarrassment. A Dak led team came back and beat them. Cooper was having 100 yard passing games. You fail to mention those facts. If Cooper is so good, why didn't any teams come asking for him? And why are they trying to force Lance in that 2nd spot behind Dak? You like to prop up Cooper to make Dak look bad. Stupid people only fool themselves.

We got lucky playing several teams that were struggling. You always say that Dak beats bad teams but failed to mention Cooper did as well.
Why doesn’t that “luck “ translate to Dak against good teams ?

can you just admit you have a poster of Dak ??!

Why do Dak lovers always have to put down a member of their own team ???

Retro88

Reaction score
It blows my mind how you guys can watch a 3rd stringer play like a 3rd stringer and be surprised that he's not gonna play or be committed to over the top 5-8 overall QB already on the roster.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
BOLD> Insults don't work for me, I'm not a kid. If what I highlighted what you typed, try to answer your own question before you try to give advice. Why are you on this forum? Don't hide it...
don't get emotional child. calm down. here is a lollipop.

I am here for the entertainment. seemingly you live here.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
1. Why doesn’t that “luck “ translate to Dak against good teams ?

NEVER said it doesn't. Lol For the record it does, Sparky.

2. can you just admit you have a poster of Dak ??!

I don't have one. I do a have a Dak shirt along with a shirt of Romo, Aikman, Ware, Parsons, Irvin, Emmitt, Deion, Dez, and Witten.

3. Why do Dak lovers always have to put down a member of their own team ???

Why do Dak haters always hate on him when he's the captain of their own team?

It's saying something that you're taking up for a Philthy Eagles troll. :lmao2:
Karl taught you well.

quote-karl-marx-accuse-your-enemy-of-what-youre-doing-create-confusion.jpg

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm sorry he may have done all of that and his stats are good just like your buddy #4, but the late throws, overthrown throws, bone head throws, he still looks like he's a rookie finding his way. I like some attributes of his game, but I was one to brag about his athleticism and not his arm. His arm needs the word/processing etc etc, his legs will get him far and brings a dimension that Dak no longer has. I'd keep Jak for another year, and draft someone
Jak:)

leeblair

Reaction score
Few plays each game.
That's an option, but I would like to see him move to the starting role before the end of the season if he gets the chance to play and continues to improve.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
The fact that he was playing with rookies, backups and practice squad guys, especially in this last game when they went against the Raiders 1st team defense until halftime, is pretty impressive.
He doesn't get snaps in practice with the first team and hasn't had any snaps with the first team in the preseason. He isn't getting the benefit of the doubt.
Does his play improve behind the first team OL? Does his play improve with having the likes of Lamb and Cooks running routes? How does Dak play if he is forced to play behind backups and ST players?
In the next game against the Chargers hopefully we get to see Lance playing with the big dogs for a little bit.