Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
is it against the rules to falsely accuse someone of forum rules violations?

Because if it is, no one has to "look into it"

Evidence is right here for all to see
Yep. Word for word your previous last 2 sentences. Same exact stuff that other guy says.

Shane612

Reaction score
Cowboys aren’t going to win more playoffs, much less a Super Bowl, with Dak. That’s okay. There are many good QBs who didn’t win in the playoffs.
At this point I’d rather go with someone younger and more athletic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Again, it really only matters if he's off Jerry's radar
He is definitely on Jerry's radar. That's how we got him to begin with. Then for unknown reasons he feels like he needs to state the obvious that Trance is making the team. Like we had 6 QB's or something.

plasticman

Reaction score
Ok, now do the same comparison for Dak now that he has played 8 seasons and has actually improved greatly the last 5 years as a passer. Dak is in his prime right now at age 31 and already a top 5 QB. What's scary is he keeps getting better as he has gotten older.
I'm not implying that you replace Dak this season, far from it. He is my starting quarterback.

However, the realities of future caps and contracts, age, and potential injury make it prudent to consider options for the future.

Suppose Dak gets injured or his productivity spirals a la Zeke. How many opportunities will the Cowboys have to acquire a QB with Trey's potential without having to sacrifice three years worth of 1st round picks? All it will cost is a 4th round pick and a reasonable amount of time for development.

What if the realities of salary caps make it impossible to sign all three relevant contracts currently discussed? CeeDee and Micah are both 25, Dak is 30. Trey is 24.

I'm not saying Trey has earned anything. I am saying he has shown enough to continue his development. I am also not saying that Dak won't be the QB for the immediate future.

I am saying that hard choices are here, right now. The Cowboys future and relevance in the league for the next several seasons will depend on the difficult decisions to those hard choices.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not implying that you replace Dak this season, far from it. He is my starting quarterback.

However, the realities of future caps and contracts, age, and potential injury make it prudent to consider options for the future.

Suppose Dak gets injured or his productivity spirals a la Zeke. How many opportunities will the Cowboys have to acquire a QB with Trey's potential without having to sacrifice three years worth of 1st round picks? All it will cost is a 4th round pick and a reasonable amount of time for development.

What if the realities of salary caps make it impossible to sign all three relevant contracts currently discussed? CeeDee and Micah are both 25, Dak is 30. Trey is 24.

I'm not saying Trey has earned anything. I am saying he has shown enough to continue his development. I am also not saying that Dak won't be the QB for the immediate future.

I am saying that hard choices are here, right now. The Cowboys future and relevance in the league for the next several seasons will depend on the difficult decisions to those hard choices.
No one still explains how Trance develops sitting on the bench???

He is starving for playing time. Watching on the sideline is not going to help him.

After this season it will be 6 years removed from any consistent time he has had under center.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The very good QBs play into their late 30s nowadays. Dak will definitely be around that long whether with the Cowboys or with another team. The guy literally keeps getting in better shape every year. He's not slowing down anytime soon.

I do understand the ramifications of keeping Dak moving forward though. The problem is the team currently has no younger proven QB capable of taking over for Dak if Dak is released. This sport is a business. No matter what anyone says about reaching a Super Bowl being the goal, on the business side of things, reaching the playoffs and staying relevant to keep the fans interested and investing in your team (business) is the #1 goal. With no proven heir apparent ready to take over right now, plus Dak, Lance and Rush currently playing on their last year under contract, I expect Jerry to resign and retain Dak for at least another 4 years no matter the cost. That's the reality of this all. It's business 101. Keeping your team relevant and keeping the fans interested in investing in your business is what matters most. That continues to happen when you supply a good enough and capable team of at least reaching the playoffs. Dak gives you that best chance. More than Lance or Rush. That's reality. Nothing else left to say.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Careful. Your Eagles buddy has now been exposed. You might be next.

:muttley:
You generally lower the site intelligence level, but your false accusations are just the cherry on the cake.
It would be nice for freebies like yourself to leave us and let real Cowboy fans discuss the happenings of the team we love.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You generally lower the site intelligence level, but your false accusations are just the cherry on the cake.
It would be nice for freebies like yourself to leave us and let real Cowboy fans discuss the happenings of the team we love.
loool. Ok, Mr. New Yorker.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality will soon hit Jerry. Opening season is only 2 weeks away.
Why are you here?
The verdict is in and Dak is a DUD!
Go to the DAK ATTACK site and live your dream daily bud.
Jeez, why torture yourself, and in the end who is really listening to you with the exception of maybe at best a dozen Dakdavidians that are left here?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why are you here?
The verdict is in and Dak is a DUD!
Go to the DAK ATTACK site and live your dream daily bud.
Jeez, why torture yourself, and in the end who is really listening to you with the exception of maybe at best a dozen Dakdavidians that are left here?
Need a tissue? Get ready to get proven wrong for the hundredth time concerning the Cowboys and what decisions they ultimately make concerning players. The only thing you and your gang of goons have been good at is poisoning what used to be a very pro-Cowboys site.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need a tissue? Get ready to get proven wrong for the hundredth time concerning the Cowboys and what decisions they ultimately make concerning players. The only thing you and your gang of goons have been good at is poisoning what used to be a very pro-Cowboys site.
Now we are Goons?
Hmmmmm ok. I really wouldn't expect anything more knowing your level of being.
What Jerry does has no bearing that the majority of the fan base has lost faith in Prestrash and how would an extension change that fact?
It won't as it will drag the Star down to further depth of anguish and frustrations for its fan base.
Now Hug you Dak Doll ( probably inflatable) and GN bud.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Now we are Goons?
Hmmmmm ok. I really wouldn't expect anything more knowing your level of being.
What Jerry does has no bearing that the majority of the fan base has lost faith in Prestrash and how would an extension change that fact?
It won't as it will drag the Star down to further depth of anguish and frustrations for its fan base.
Now Hug you Dak Doll ( probably inflatable) and GN bud.
Hey, if worst comes to worst and you can't handle it anymore, since you're in New York, there is always the Giants or Jets you can switch over to.
:grin:

Goodnight, PappyPoo. :flagwave: