Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

Chasing6

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you and I think

Only matters what Jerry thinks

Obviously you're somewhat concerned since you're spending so much time bashing a guy who's "not a threat" to Dakota

If you didn't think Lance was some sort of threat to your pet he'd be off your radar

Imagine being paranoid enough to create a front page thread highlighting the struggles of a guy you dont think is qualified to QB3

Laughable.
Don't worry he will be off everyone's radar after preseason game 3.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
After 4 years as a pro when do we start questioning his training habits? He has access to the best qb coaches and trainers in the world and he's still struggling with the little things. Somethings not clicking.
3 years and one injured=2 just playing the dark math as fanboys do

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you and I think

Only matters what Jerry thinks

Obviously you're somewhat concerned since you're spending so much time bashing a guy who's "not a threat" to Dakota

If you didn't think Lance was some sort of threat to your pet he'd be off your radar

Imagine being paranoid enough to create a front page thread highlighting the struggles of a guy you dont think is qualified to QB3

Laughable.
No one is bashing. Just showing the obvious.

Are you going to be okay?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What is your definition of a lot?

Dak has a career 67% completion percentage on almost 4,000 attempts. Only Drew Brees has a career higher completion % on 3,800 or more attempts.
Go ask CeeDee, or Amari or Gallup of yesteryear.
Again, I dunna do definitions for your pleasure.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Go ask CeeDee, or Amari or Gallup of yesteryear.
Again, I dunna do definitions for your pleasure.
It was not for my pleasure. It was to show your incompetence to the world.

I asked CD. He said he is holding out so he does not have to catch bad passes from Trance.

That is actually what is holding up his new contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

Seek HELP ASAP........................... :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are ridic.
Do you have a hobby, aside from promoting Dak?
Yes, I am Riddick. And you are the Bioraptor from the desert planet M6-117 from the Pitch Black film.

Photo-1724384470757.png

:muttley:

MikeT22

Reaction score
You know, it doesn't have to be a Dak or Lance thing. I do not think Dak has what it takes to get this team to the Super Bowl or even an NFCC game. But Lance still looks like a total dud.

I know many of us would like to have someone better than Dak, but Trey isn't it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If it's obvious then why do you need to point it out so much?

Plus the add on thread about Rush throwing "dimes" ....:laugh:

Lance is living rent free in your head. You mad, bro?
You sound exactly like the Eagles fan, mountain whatever his name.

I thought having double accounts is against site rules? Someone might want to look into this.

plasticman

Reaction score
In Tom Brady's first seven seasons, he never completed more than 64% of his passes. In fact, he struggled to complete 60% in his 4th and 5th seasons. He wasn't really that accurate.

Brady's TD/INT rate was never better than 2/1 in those first 7 seasons.

Tom Brady's contribution during his first seven seasons was his composure and ability to not make the big mistakes. He really only blossomed as an elite passer in his 8th season.

In my opinion, he is the greatest of all time and I just wanted to put expectations in proper perspective when it comes to Trey Lance.

Everybody that watched the Cowboys in 2006 were very excited when Tony Romo came in and started the 2nd half of the Giants game after Bledsoe was benched.

They were so excited that many didn't even mention the fact that his first pass in the game was intercepted. He had two more INT's, one of them returned for a 94 yard TD.

Romo started the following week and I don't remember a whole lot of pushback. If that should happen to Trey? If he had throws 3 INT's in a game would fans be lobbying for him to start the next game?

That season in 2006, Romo's completion rate was 65.3%. That same season, Brady's was 61.8%.

Obviously, there were intangibles. The Patriot teams were strong and well coached and so Brady had the opportunity to grow into his Hall of Fame role. Likewise, the Cowboys offense was getting strong on the O-line and in the running game and reduced the amount of pressure on Romo. I'll mention they were also well coached.

What margin of error will be given to Lance if called upon? What are the realistic expectation for him?

Lance is inaccurate? Of course he is. His lack of experience is well documented in both college and the Pros. However, he also possesses some intangibles. That guy can run.

Trey Lance has speed and superior mobility. If Trey were to start the entire upcoming season at QB, he could still seriously become their leading rusher. If called upon to play in a game, I would expect Trey to run more and continue each week to work on his accuracy.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You sound exactly like the Eagles fan, mountain whatever his name.

I thought having double accounts is against site rules? Someone might want to look into this.
is it against the rules to falsely accuse someone of forum rules violations?

Because if it is, no one has to "look into it"

Evidence is right here for all to see

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In Tom Brady's first seven seasons, he never completed more than 64% of his passes. In fact, he struggled to complete 60% in his 4th and 5th seasons. He wasn't really that accurate.

Brady's TD/INT rate was never better than 2/1 in those first 7 seasons.

Tom Brady's contribution during his first seven seasons was his composure and ability to not make the big mistakes. He really only blossomed as an elite passer in his 8th season.

In my opinion, he is the greatest of all time and I just wanted to put expectations in proper perspective when it comes to Trey Lance.

Everybody that watched the Cowboys in 2006 were very excited when Tony Romo came in and started the 2nd half of the Giants game after Bledsoe was benched.

They were so excited that many didn't even mention the fact that his first pass in the game was intercepted. He had two more INT's, one of them returned for a 94 yard TD.

Romo started the following week and I don't remember a whole lot of pushback. If that should happen to Trey? If he had throws 3 INT's in a game would fans be lobbying for him to start the next game?

That season in 2006, Romo's completion rate was 65.3%. That same season, Brady's was 61.8%.

Obviously, there were intangibles. The Patriot teams were strong and well coached and so Brady had the opportunity to grow into his Hall of Fame role. Likewise, the Cowboys offense was getting strong on the O-line and in the running game and reduced the amount of pressure on Romo. I'll mention they were also well coached.

What margin of error will be given to Lance if called upon? What are the realistic expectation for him?

Lance is inaccurate? Of course he is. His lack of experience is well documented in both college and the Pros. However, he also possesses some intangibles. That guy can run.

Trey Lance has speed and superior mobility. If Trey were to start the entire upcoming season at QB, he could still seriously become their leading rusher. If called upon to play in a game, I would expect Trey to run more and continue each week to work on his accuracy.
Ok, now do the same comparison for Dak now that he has played 8 seasons and has actually improved greatly the last 5 years as a passer. Dak is in his prime right now at age 31 and already a top 5 QB. What's scary is he keeps getting better as he has gotten older.