Trey Lance mop up duty?

Motorola

Reaction score
That's incredibly doubtful, but maybe this was meant in jest?
'Duncaniso' has been posted this comment all season long since Lance was traded for.

In every thread with Lance as the topic.

Nearly every thread about Prescott's impending extension.

The same four, spaced out lines - practically verbatim.

Rush \ cap hit \ Prescott June 1st cut \ other players contracts \ Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
'Duncaniso' has been posted this comment all season long since Lance was traded for.

In every thread with Lance as the topic.

Nearly every thread about Prescott's impending extension.

The same four, spaced out lines - practically verbatim.

Rush \ cap hit \ Prescott June 1st cut \ other players contracts \ Lance
Yes.

It’s going to happen.

Of course, Jerry could change his mind, and give Dak more mega millions.

But unlikely.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.

It’s going to happen.

Of course, Jerry could change his mind, and give Dak more mega millions.

But unlikely.
How can you talk about Jerry changing his mind when you don't know what his mind is now? lol

Eddie

Reaction score
Next year is decision time regarding Trey. $5 mil for a 3rd string, emergency QB is not money well spent. Do we give him the opportunity to move into the backup spot? Do we put an unknown quantity in place of the known? At least we know Rush can fill in admirably.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't hard to predict. Romo had been getting injured almost on a yearly basis his last 4-5 years.
Not buying it. But you can lay claim to being "first"...if that is what make syou feel better and get through the day.

So....in Dak's last college season....let's say the draft. Let's even say June or July...you and your buddies .. just knew he would take over the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason.

Dude...you are so full of ship. Come on....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get properly informed next time. It's well known Dak has never relinquished his starter role once he secures it at any level. Like I said, those of us who followed him were not surprised to see Dak take that starter role during the preseason of his rookie year and never give it back. Dak was good enough to even be included and voted on as a Heisman candidate, plus he led his Mississippi State team to the #1 ranking for a few weeks. Trey Lance doesn't even come close to what Dak accomplished in college. Lance is a wannabe. Dak has been there and done that. That's a fact.
Been where and done what?: Beat 8-9 loser Bucs? 2-7 Giants?

Look Imma cheer him on...but I am also gonna be real about the facts. Let's hope Dak keeps his prowess alive and well when he MUST beat really GOOD teams. THAT...is "been there done that".

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How can you talk about Jerry changing his mind when you don't know what his mind is now? lol
I just look at the cap.

The 2024 cap is -$11 million.

Dak has a $59.x million hit.

Lance has a $5 million hit.

That’s why they made the trade.

Why spend more $$$ on Dak when you have his replacement already?

Toro9

Reaction score
They're still allowed to keep 3 QBs on the game day roster. The emergency QB doesn't count but if you activate all 3 then yes, Lance could play. But I don't think they wanna throw him into anything until he's got a firm grasp of the offense, which, who knows, could change again

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're still allowed to keep 3 QBs on the game day roster. The emergency QB doesn't count but if you activate all 3 then yes, Lance could play. But I don't think they wanna throw him into anything until he's got a firm grasp of the offense, which, who knows, could change again
I'm asking in extreme ignorance?...but how could he not have any grasp of our offense..?
He's been playing football his whole life, a youngster...highly rated and drafted.

Are you saying he's stupid?

Show me he is slow and dumb

Toro9

Reaction score
I'm asking in extreme ignorance?...but how could he not have any grasp of our offense..?
He's been playing football his whole life, a youngster...highly rated and drafted.

Are you saying he's stupid?

Show me he is slow and dumb
Formulating sentences is indeed an indication of intelligence.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. Lance has been with the team since the end of preseason. If he is so much better, talent-wise, than noodle arm Cooper Rush, why hasn't Lance gotten some mop up duties in the 2-3 games Dak has come out of games early during blowouts?
Because he isn't ready and because he is 3rd string. No matter how many times this gets asked the answer will always be the same. Lance won't be playing quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys until preseason.

plasticman

Reaction score
In 2025 Trey will be the same age as Romo when he began starting for the Cowboys.

However, the 2024 preseason will tell us if he is worth keeping. Tony Romo went through the exact same thing when his contract was in it's last season. Obviously, Romo passed the test and, hopefully, Trey will too. Remember, Tony Romo didn't throw a single regular season pass until his 4th season. The stats will say it was his 3rd season but he was inactive for every game in his first season.

I realize a lot of Cowboys fans don't want to hear this but it is impatience that destroys the development of so many young quarterbacks. Give him two years of development and we won't regret it. Having said that, I hope he will face competition from a Cowboys draft pick from the top three rounds.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
In 2025 Trey will be the same age as Romo when he began starting for the Cowboys.

However, the 2024 preseason will tell us if he is worth keeping. Tony Romo went through the exact same thing when his contract was in it's last season. Obviously, Romo passed the test and, hopefully, Trey will too. Remember, Tony Romo didn't throw a single regular season pass until his 4th season. The stats will say it was his 3rd season but he was inactive for every game in his first season.

I realize a lot of Cowboys fans don't want to hear this but it is impatience that destroys the development of so many young quarterbacks. Give him two years of development and we won't regret it. Having said that, I hope he will face competition from a Cowboys draft pick from the top three rounds.
I can think of $61 million reasons why he plays QB1 in 2024.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Been where and done what?: Beat 8-9 loser Bucs? 2-7 Giants?

Look Imma cheer him on...but I am also gonna be real about the facts. Let's hope Dak keeps his prowess alive and well when he MUST beat really GOOD teams. THAT...is "been there done that".
You're not real about any facts except your hatred of Dak. Everyone sees it.

Go do some real research and realize Dak has led the team to victories against good teams.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not buying it. But you can lay claim to being "first"...if that is what make syou feel better and get through the day.

So....in Dak's last college season....let's say the draft. Let's even say June or July...you and your buddies .. just knew he would take over the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason.

Dude...you are so full of ship. Come on....
I called it in the old threads. I even predicted the Cowboys would go 13-3 under Dak once Romo broke his back during preseason of the summer of 2016. If you don't believe me, ask some of the regulars who came over to Cowboys Zone.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They are not going to replace Rush as 2nd QB. Dallas has much respect for Cooper.

IMHO, take a look at the cap for 2024.

Dak isn't going to get paid 60+ mill.

That's why Lance is here.
Get it through your thick skull...

Dak isn't going anywhere, especially over some 3rd string project QB who has already proven to be a BUST for the team who originally drafted him. Dak is too valuable. Period.