Trey Lance mop up duty?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That’s a lot of money.

If Dak wins a Super Bowl in 2023, maybe Jerry gives away that much $$$.

Of course, it would screw our salary cap for many seasons.

I think if you look at this from a $$$ point of view, you can see the obvious plan Jerry has for QB1 in 2024.
Other teams compete with quarterbacks being paid $50 million plus per year. Jerry Jones is not going think he’s not a good enough GM to do the same. At this stage in his life I doubt Jerry Jones is going to pin his hopes of winning a Super Bowl on Trey Lance.

Mark

Reaction score
Trey Lance will never take a regular season game snap for the Dallas Cowboys.

Toro9

Reaction score
I'm asking in extreme ignorance?...but how could he not have any grasp of our offense..?
He's been playing football his whole life, a youngster...highly rated and drafted.

Are you saying he's stupid?

Show me he is slow and dumb
Bro. We all wear skin. I'm not trying to take away the umbrella

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Get it through your thick skull...

Dak isn't going anywhere, especially over some 3rd string project QB who has already proven to be a BUST for the team who originally drafted him. Dak is too valuable. Period.
I just look at the cap numbers for 2024.

If they pay Dak, we are negative 11 million.

So who do we cut?

Or play the kid…who is a phenom.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

So who do we cut?

I know you hate Dak and would love nothing more than to see Dak gone just so your feelings can get pleased seeing the BUST named Lance get plugged in, but that would absolutely destroy the Cowboys going forward. You certainly can forget about even reaching the playoffs anytime soon if you got what you wished.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I know you hate Dak and would love nothing more than to see Dak gone just so your feelings can get pleased seeing the BUST named Lance get plugged in, but that would absolutely destroy the Cowboys going forward. You certainly can forget about even reaching the playoffs anytime soon if you got what you wished.
I don’t hate Dak.

plasticman

Reaction score
As a diehard Cowboys fan I just don't understand why we wouldn't all hope for the best case scenario:

Dak continues his current productivity for several years and that gives the Cowboys opportunities to go deep into the playoffs in multiple seasons.

Meanwhile, Trey develops into a an extremely valuable quarterback that impresses the entire league during those few games where Dak is banged up. At some point the Cowboys trade Trey for a king's ransom.

An equally satisfactory scenario:

Dak decides to retire after the 2024 season when they win the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in a row. Trey's time in development has paid off even better than it did with Romo and he takes over, leading the Cowboys deep into the playoffs for several seasons.

I mean, why do we have to pit one quarterback against the other? Whatever current opinion fans may have about one of these guys, the majority of us are probably wrong anyway.

Most fans were wrong about Dalton Schultz, Dorrance Armstrong, Cooper Rush, Noah Brown, etc. They may not be superstars but they certainly weren't "total garbage", a common term used to describe them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're not real about any facts except your hatred of Dak. Everyone sees it.

Go do some real research and realize Dak has led the team to victories against good teams.
"everyone sees it". That's hilarious.

So show me a post of me "hating Dak".

And this is the part where you talk big...but won't actually give me any examples. Because well ""everyone" sees it".

Well if everyone "sees" it...show me. Should be pretty easy for smart tough guy like yourself.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"everyone sees it". That's hilarious.

So show me a post of me "hating Dak".

And this is the part where you talk big...but won't actually give me any examples. Because well ""everyone" sees it".

Well if everyone "sees" it...show me. Should be pretty easy for smart tough guy like yourself.
You should be suspended for constantly lying and trolling.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As a diehard Cowboys fan I just don't understand why we wouldn't all hope for the best case scenario:

Dak continues his current productivity for several years and that gives the Cowboys opportunities to go deep into the playoffs in multiple seasons.

Meanwhile, Trey develops into a an extremely valuable quarterback that impresses the entire league during those few games where Dak is banged up. At some point the Cowboys trade Trey for a king's ransom.

An equally satisfactory scenario:

Dak decides to retire after the 2024 season when they win the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in a row. Trey's time in development has paid off even better than it did with Romo and he takes over, leading the Cowboys deep into the playoffs for several seasons.

I mean, why do we have to pit one quarterback against the other? Whatever current opinion fans may have about one of these guys, the majority of us are probably wrong anyway.

Most fans were wrong about Dalton Schultz, Dorrance Armstrong, Cooper Rush, Noah Brown, etc. They may not be superstars but they certainly weren't "total garbage", a common term used to describe them.
I think that's a good Best Case scenario.

The problem is the cap.

You can look at Dak's contract on SpoTrac and see the problem:

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 3 YR, $126,000,000; $61,915,000 DEAD CAP​

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/

That tells me that Dak is in jeopardy of being a June cut for 2024.

Then take a look at the 2024 cap. We are negative $11 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2024/

Something is going to give.

Then they trade for Lance.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Trey Lance will never take a regular season game snap for the Dallas Cowboys.
His best and possibly only chance is in Week 17 if there is nothing for Dallas to gain as far as playoff positioning.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should be suspended for constantly lying and trolling.
Are you questioing admin?

So tell me all the lies then. You wont do that either.

Im being polite and civil here. Like bob asked us to do many times...including couchcoach memorial.

YOu are throwing rude accusations....im simply asking for examples.

Motorola

Reaction score
His best and possibly only chance is in Week 17 if there is nothing for Dallas to gain as far as playoff positioning.
Week 17 is the next to last game - Dec 30th v. Lions
Why not the final game of the season - Jan 7 @ Commanders?

Jimbo123

Reaction score

So who do we cut?

A phenom ??????????????????????????????????? Name 1 thing he is good at. The University of Minnesota was the first to see he'd be a bust at QB. This is his 3rd year in the league and he's still not ready.

Lance initially wanted to play at the University of Minnesota and had been ready to commit there after attending a recruiting event in February 2017. However, he was deemed a wide receiver or defensive back prospect by them and other Power Five schools.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Week 17 is the next to last game - Dec 30th v. Lions
Why not the final game of the season - Jan 7 @ Commanders?
Ok. he plays week 17 and lights it up. Do the Cowboys exercise his 5th year option (+25M) in May 2024 or allow him to become a FA after 24?

Motorola

Reaction score
Ok. he plays week 17 and lights it up. Do the Cowboys exercise his 5th year option (+25M) in May 2024 or allow him to become a FA after 24?
Both parties will work something out to override that option - especially if Lance feels he has a real chance to become QB2.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Both parties will work something out to override that option - especially if Lance feels he has a real chance to become QB2.
Why would Lance "work something out" if he's going to be a superstar in this league? He'll be a FA in 25 then he can "work it out with" 31 other teams.