Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't get to choose my weapon! If I wanna break through steel I have to use something other than a hammer. But that doesn't change the fact that there IS something that will eventually break through it. I don't even know what it is.. but I know it exists. Like I said it's just a matter of how long it will take. The stronger the barrier the longer the trip through it.. but eventually you still get through.
71e-AIm1PLL.jpg

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Why do you think we haven't negotiated yet? I don't understand the advantage to waiting until camp. The ONLY logic I can think of is them wanting to see Lance before making a final decision.
Dak is not ready to negotiate. He can hold Jerry's feet to the fire in training camp. It has nothing to do with Lance.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Rush was the #2 QB. I don't know that meant he was the scout team QB. Regardless, the time to worry about that would be if Rush is still the #2 this year since Lance will be with the team from the beginning this year. If that happens that would be the point to give up on Lance.
Jerry will never allow Rush to be the #2. How would it make Jerry look if Lance is still the #3?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry will never allow Rush to be the #2. How would it make Jerry look if Lance is still the #3?
That may be true, but we will get plenty chance to decide for ourselves what the right choice is during preseason. Dak will play very little, so Rush & Lance will get the preseason chances.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That Lance was brought in with no TC or offseason. I can think of several possible reasons as to why that otcome came to pass.

How about you tell us which one you are fixating on.
Lance had a training camp last year and he was awful. Six days after his last preseason game the 49ers dumped him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lance had a training camp last year and he was awful. Six days after his last preseason game the 49ers dumped him.
That is irrelevant to what I was arguing. I get you really want to handwave at the SF circumstance. That has no bearing on what the Cowboys did.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That may be true, but we will get plenty chance to decide for ourselves what the right choice is during preseason. Dak will play very little, so Rush & Lance will get the preseason chances.
If Lance struggles in TC, Jerry will make MM game plan for the preseason games and maybe even play the starters to make Lance look good on film.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That is irrelevant to what I was arguing. I get you really want to handwave at the SF circumstance. That has no bearing on what the Cowboys did.
The Cowboys did the same thing with Lance as the 49ers did. That is, to make him the 3rd-string scrub QB..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak is not ready to negotiate. He can hold Jerry's feet to the fire in training camp. It has nothing to do with Lance.
That is not compatible with what Dak said. He said that nothing as happened but that he was not worried.

Nice story though.

Havic

Reaction score
So by your definition, if he wins the back up job for 1 year the trade worked out?
If he wins the back up job 1 year, why would he not win it the others? This team has a history of keeping the same back up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If he wins the back up job 1 year, why would he not win it the others? This team has a history of keeping the same back up.
We have a proven back up already. There was no need to trade for a back up and pay him $5M.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance had a training camp last year and he was awful. Six days after his previous preseason game the 49ers dumped him.
Not true. He didn't play poorly at all. In his 2 preseason games Lance was 22-33 for 285 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT. He had high passer ratings in both games. Darnold also played well though, and the 49ers weren't likely to keep both.

Regardless, the obvious point FuzzyLumpkins was making was about the role Lance came into with the Cowboys after not going through training camp with the Cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
You a pro QB or pro scout?

Remember....minor leagues doesn't count you said so yourself. MUST BE NFL experience you said.
The concept is the same. Your scout team QB's job is to give your defense a realistic look of their opponent for the week. If Trance was not even trusted with that, we have a problem.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Lance struggles in TC, Jerry will make MM game plan for the preseason games and maybe even play the starters to make Lance look good on film.
If the6 play the starters in an attempt to make Trance look good against a bunch of scrubs everyone we'll see right through it.