Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

Brax

Reaction score
It is a 17 week season smart guy.
I prefer a season to be 20 weeks at least, I guess stats and chokes are all good with you. You’re going to be chasing 6 as long as Dak is there in fact you will be still chasing a CCG as long as he’s there. You just can’t resist the insults can you.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There is not report of him looking good or bad. Rush ran the scout team.

Usually 3rd string runs the scout team.

What does that tell you???
That Lance was brought in with no TC or offseason. I can think of several possible reasons as to why that otcome came to pass.

How about you tell us which one you are fixating on.

morat1959

Reaction score
He can’t do any worse than Dak if your ultimate goal is getting to a SB. Dak will never sniff one. At least Trey is an unknown.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Let me know when you take a hammer and hammer a 6 inch piece of steel until you bust through. lol.

How long do you think you will hammer and hammer and hammer until you see it's a worthless endeavor.
You don't get to choose my weapon! If I wanna break through steel I have to use something other than a hammer. But that doesn't change the fact that there IS something that will eventually break through it. I don't even know what it is.. but I know it exists. Like I said it's just a matter of how long it will take. The stronger the barrier the longer the trip through it.. but eventually you still get through.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cowboys gave up a 4th round pick.

Tampa used a 2nd round pick on Kyle Trask. Who's Kyle Trask you ask? Exactly ...

Minnesota used a 3rd rounder on Kellen Mond, and New Orleans used a 4th rounder on Ian Book.

And none of them were ever named a starter (Lance was going into 2022) or had an injury that cost them14 games.

I'm not saying Lance was a great pick up, but let's not exaggerate.
For some reason I thought Trask had been drafted later so I looked it up. Damn.. Still he was drafted the same year they signed Brady so it's not like he was going to get any PT barring injury. We all know QB is the not only the toughest position in sports to play but it's also the toughest to evaluate. That's why the hue and cry to elevate Lance and dump Prescott is silly. No matter what one thinks about Dak we know he is a good QB. We can debate how much money he should be paid or how disappointed we've been the last three playoff games.. but the whole "he sucks" and "he's gotta go" or "anybody but Dak" is ridiculous. Someone is going to have to come in and outplay Dak to get his job.

Those of us old enough to remember Landry giving in to the call for Gary "Hogenboom" over Danny White understand this whole dynamic. A good starter with a good, not great, team around him. If only we get so and so on the field. Frankly I have no desire to watch that 1984 - 1989 stretch play out again. I'm fine if the Cowboys find a better QB than Dak Prescott.. I just have no interest in watching them lose games trying to find him. Replace Dak when you have someone better. And not a day before..

Chasing6

Reaction score
I prefer a season to be 20 weeks at least, I guess stats and chokes are all good with you. You’re going to be chasing 6 as long as Dak is there in fact you will be still chasing a CCG as long as he’s there. You just can’t resist the insults can you.
Playoffs are not a part of the season. Nice try.

You have to qualify for the playoffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That Lance was brought in with no TC or offseason. I can think of several possible reasons as to why that otcome came to pass.

Another reason it was a dumb trade.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Well if you ever played QB or ran a scout team, you would understand.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
dumb and dumber were at the pre-draft interview and stumbled through it as usual. They looked like they had eaten 10 lemons when mccarthy started to talk. the whole thing is that they know nothing about football trades jerry eithier because of his age or his stupid dealing traded for lance and he already has showed his savy with the cooper trade or should i say debacle of a trade. when it all comes down to the lance trade san fran. saw a sucker in jerry and took advantage of it that's all
They weren't even concerned that they traded him to an NFC rival.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

I think Wisconsin cheese goes especially well with your whine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if I hearing you correctly they were all healthy including Darnold and Trance finished in 3rd place.
At the start of 2023, yes. I didn't say or even suggest otherwise.

That doesn't change the fact that the comment was false about the Cowboys having paid the most for the QB that has done the least from the 2021 draft. That was the context of my comments on this.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper Rush
Rush was the #2 QB. I don't know that meant he was the scout team QB. Regardless, the time to worry about that would be if Rush is still the #2 this year since Lance will be with the team from the beginning this year. If that happens that would be the point to give up on Lance.